Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Could have been worse (illegal street racing)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Could have been worse (illegal street racing)

Street racing is for idiots

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-corv...gal-drag-race/
Old 09-30-2014, 04:05 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Looks like someone who couldn't handle their car when they lost traction?? I'm not in anyway condoning street racing but the article makes it sound like that would have never happened at a track. I have seen quite a few people lose it on the big end of the track from losing traction on a shift and not knowing how to handle it. You can buy a fast car or spend money on mods.... if you don't possess the skills to drive that car it's only going to get you in over your head when you stick that pedal.

I shoot competitively and see this same kind of thing at some of the matches...... guy comes out with the best of everything that cost a ton of money and he cant hit the broad side of a barn???
Old 09-30-2014, 05:56 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Low performance driver meets high performance car.....
Old 09-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both of the above replies are true.

Having said that and having participated in a lot of street racing in my late teens and early 20s (over 40 years ago) I know that during street racing, instead of always having a barrier to run into like this car did, a lot of times spectator cars are lined up alongside the road watching. Often time you even have people standing between the cars as flagman for the count whit some cars come out of the hole anywhere from sideways to the front wheels being off the ground

Back then we used to race motorcycles down in the Cleveland flats before they were developed into the yuppie area it is now. Anyway, by the time 10 or 11:00 PM rolled by you would have a 10 foot wide corridor with people on both sides 7 deep as a pair of low 10 second bikes would go at it. Sure enough a bike went out of control one night and went through the crowd injuring about a dozen people and some of them seriously. These are the things that all too often happen while street racing that rarely happen during organized sanctioned events

Get notified of new replies

To Could have been worse (illegal street racing)