Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Off topic, 2015 Mustang GT sold for +5K

Old 10-28-2014, 06:59 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

Default Off topic, 2015 Mustang GT sold for +5K

I heard from one my clients (ford franchise) that they sold their first 2015 Mustang GT for 5k over sticker.

If you ever wondered, yes the dealer thinks its funny too.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:31 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by SD1
I heard from one my clients (ford franchise) that they sold their first 2015 Mustang GT for 5k over sticker.

If you ever wondered, yes the dealer thinks its funny too.
A Mustang 5K over?

Well, it has been said the only fanboys more committed to the product than Vette dudes is the Mustang guys.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:51 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
A Mustang 5K over?

Well, it has been said the only fanboys more committed to the product than Vette dudes is the Mustang guys.
This belongs off topic, and FTR the demographic for typical mustang owners is half the age of most vette owners, that being said ford makes a great motor, chevy hasn't has the best of luck in the past years, also this is posted by a vette fanboy who has to thumb his nose down at a car that isn't a vette so sad, There are more really fast mustangs out there than there are vettes, and they go to the track, they don't read magazine times , not to mension ford releasing a new gt500 that will outclass anything chevy throws at it.....well that will not be even the same class of car.

With all that being said I wouldnt spend a dime over sticker on any car.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 10-28-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:58 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
This belongs off topic, and FTR the demographic for typical mustang owners is half the age of most vette owners, that being said ford makes a great motor, chevy hasn't has the best of luck in the past years, also this is posted by a vette fanboy, whoom I can bet read about how powerful the new cobra is going to be , not to mension ford releasing a new gt500 that will outclass anything chevy throws at it.....well that will not be even the same class of car.
I had no idea the 2015 was even out. And I go in New Ford stores 1x 2x a month for work. I am actually pretty out of touch.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:24 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Mustang gt looks good in person. I didn't notice any market adjustment at the local dealership.

They had two cars.....and one just sold that day this past weekend.

I'm not a ford fan but the new mustang gt in black looked good. A little less so in white.

The folds and curves of the new sheet metal were more attractive in person then in the magazines,

Ford has a winner on its hands. IMO
Old 10-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

My friend bought one at sticker. They had it for an 2 hours from when it was pulled off the truck
Old 10-29-2014, 11:56 AM
AnonymousSkunk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
This belongs off topic, and FTR the demographic for typical mustang owners is half the age of most vette owners, that being said ford makes a great motor, chevy hasn't has the best of luck in the past years, also this is posted by a vette fanboy who has to thumb his nose down at a car that isn't a vette so sad, There are more really fast mustangs out there than there are vettes, and they go to the track, they don't read magazine times , not to mension ford releasing a new gt500 that will outclass anything chevy throws at it.....well that will not be even the same class of car.

With all that being said I wouldnt spend a dime over sticker on any car.

I have to disagree with... just about everything there.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:06 AM
mattkilla2015
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

A ford dealer right near my house has marked up their two mustangs at $5k. The guy told me until next year he expects all mustangs including the v6 and turbo 4 will have a 5k markup! Wanted to see how they looked in person and the seemingly low profile looks pretty good, although interior is not as much of an improvement as I'd hoped, however stock seats were well bolstered. The two other ford dealerships I know of would most likely sell at msrp by my interactions with them before. I guess it's all good for the dealership if they can get people to buy for as much as a 20% markup but at the same time their reasoning of "it's new" doesn't sit well.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:03 PM
NW-99SS
Safety Car

Received 712 Likes on 369 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Biggest waste of 5K I've heard of. This applies to any dealer markups, no matter the brand.

In another month, 10 000 of these 2 door Fusions will be roaming around and any one paying sticker or above will be laughed at.

Get notified of new replies

To Off topic, 2015 Mustang GT sold for +5K

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off topic, 2015 Mustang GT sold for +5K