Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

No longer in love with the C7 Z06...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
You still need to bleed brakes. I would still need to swap wheels/tires because as a daily driver I wont be running MPS Cups on the street except to and from Sebring or Homestead.
Try Motul dot 5.1.

I see. For me the Cups are perfect for the street. It never really gets to freezing temps around here, no snow, no ice.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 AM
C5 Pewter Coupe
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport
I saw a Z28 in person this summer at the Car Craft Nats. We were all blown away. Stunning.

But at the end of the day....it ain't a Corvette.
you could also say....it ain't a Ferrari..
Old 11-26-2014, 04:34 PM
1320n12
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vernon
First time reading this thread and I agree with the OP's opinion re. the "tacked on" appearance of aero pieces when viewed on particular colour/wheel combinations.
When I first saw intro photos of the yellow Z07 Z06 (with black wheels), I LOVED IT! It looked like a track-ready tool, racy and aggressive, ready to carve up the track - a track tool reminiscent of a '10 Viper ACR.
Later, in person, I saw the silver and grey body coloured versions (still option Z07 Z06) with aluminum coloured wheels. Didn't do it for me. Now the aero pieces looked out of place, tacked on. To my eye, the selected colours (body colour and wheels) were more characteristic of a vehicle with a GT profile, less racy and aggressive. It didn't look like a track ready "race" car where aero pieces are part of the body profile for track improvement purposes.

Suggestion - make your purchase decision after seeing the Z06, in person, configured with different options, body colours, and wheel colours.
It's fantastic that GM has provided lots of options for this vehicle so the purchaser can option/personalize the vehicle to their taste/likings so the owner looks at/drives their CAR and says YES, I LOVE IT!
I totally agree, in my opinion all of the C7 are very color and wheel sensitive, I see some pics i fall in love with and others its like wow tht thing dosnt look good at all and its all because of color and wheels.