Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Subaru Forester Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:27 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
Default Subaru Forester Question

I just purchased a 2009 Subaru Forester with 50k miles to use during the winter month here in New England and most likely as a DD in the future while my Vette is protected in my garage. Except for the outdoor temp gauge that reads anywhere from 85 to 116 degrees (its in the mid 30s here today), I'm pretty happy with it. I wanted something good in snow and this got good reviews regarding that. The only other thing I noticed is when the engine is cold and I'm just starting out and going down a hill, the transmission (automatic) seems to make a thud sound between gears especially when I let off the gas. it's almost like it doesn't know what gear it should be in. This only happens when I first get in and drive it with the engine cold. After the car warms up, I never hear it again Is this normal for this car? I've never had an AWD car before.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:12 PM
pappy.72
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

See if you can get it checked or even covered under the 5 year 60k mile drivetrain warranty. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:35 PM
SubVette599
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2009 Forester automatic with 97,000 miles and it does the same thing. From what I've read on the Subaru Forester forum, it's not that unusual. I don't worry about it any more. My wife and I love ours.

Get notified of new replies

To Subaru Forester Question

Quick Reply: Subaru Forester Question