Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New Z06 competition.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:10 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE
So sayeth the #1 top C7 troll.

One thing that can be said about the C7 Z06 is that it occupies 100s of acres of real estate inside sam90lx's head.

Everything is waxing the Z06 right now. Even that yellow base C6.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sam90lx
This car will wax the Z06!
But the ZO6 has the GT beat in spats (spades)
Old 01-23-2015, 10:59 AM
z06>porsche
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Bob , corvette is a great sports car, but to compare it with a real exotic supercar? Come on man!!! ..... Zora, Super Zora Etc..... or any other corvette model GM releases will Not be even close to being in the same league as this car, comparing them is silly.
Excuse me? I'm not Bob or whoever you were talking to but you sir must kindly leave corvette forum. The current model Z06 obliterates pretty much everything besides the hybrid hypercar trinity, which it gets really close to. And yet you say the Zora (AKA next ZR1) is a silly comparison to *cough* ... the Ford.... what's it called..? GT?

Spare us. Please
Old 01-23-2015, 11:07 AM
z06>porsche
Cruising

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I can't believe people are even mentioning it in the same sentence , this is America's only exotic supercar, this car is competition for the Bugatti , LA FERRARI , Mclaren , and the best Lambo has to offer.

To compare it to corvette,viper or any high end P car is a joke, and it shows how delusional people can be .

People already knocking a twin turbo V6 are in for a rude awaking , we are talking Factory TT's , ford builds very strong motors, regardless of the rumored 600 hp number is(I think it will be much higher when official)
This car will be good for over 1000 hp without even taking off a valve cover.

The body is a work of art, everything is integrated and flow perfect, anyone who can't see this is just blind.
Indeed, the new GT is very pretty. But the Z06(Z07 track pack) is dangerously close to things such as "Bugatti , LA FERRARI , Mclaren , and the best Lambo has to offer." (You aren't supposed to space before a comma, only after)
Old 01-23-2015, 11:20 AM
z06>porsche
Cruising

I just LOVE how people are droning about the Ford GT's "incredible" performance. When the last gen Ford GT had the crap beat out and it's throat crushed by the last gen Z06.
Ford GT Nurburgring lap time: 7:40.6
C6 Corvette Z06 Nurburgring lap time: 7:22.68

And the Ford GT costs how much more?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:28 AM
TacDoc
Racer

Not sure the performance envelope for this new Ford but I hope it is better than the 2006. The last gen was heavy and sluggish on track. I had the opportunity to drive against one at Putnam Park in 2006. I was driving a 2000 Viper GTS with stop techs, motons, and Belanger/corsa setup. Stock motor. I was an advanced group driver then, and the GT was being driven by an SCCA GT2 driver. My laps were 1-2 seconds faster. The biggest complaint the GT driver had was the mass of the car, very heavy. Being told by a dealer owner friend MSRP target is base $100k.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:11 AM
z06>porsche
Cruising

Originally Posted by White Out
Bob is the username he was responding to.

I'm not sure if you've been missing out on the recent videos posted. But the current Z06 is having a hard time beating anything it lines up with in its own price bracket. Further, the recent videos solidify that the Z06 is truly in a lower class when compared to the Lambo/MAC. GM marketing and the real world are two totally different forums.

Also, in regards to:

I apologize. Clearly I am speaking to someone very uneducated and must use smaller words to make myself clear. There is absolutely NO REASON to believe the Ford GT is going to be anything special AT ALL (I would have said whatsoever but I did not for fear of causing confusion). And sir, would you kindly present an actual EXAMPLE of the Z06 getting beat by things that are in the 80k to 105k price range.

Quote from Motortrends review -- "The price is bewildering, as you’d need to spend nearly $1 million elsewhere to reach Z06 performance."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz3PwNTBLff
Old 02-03-2015, 06:03 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default You walked right into that one z06>porsche

SMH.... but you really opened the door for that for one brother.

I keep hoping to see evidence OFF PAPER that shows the C7Z is something to be proud of but its a colossal disappointment. You're on the wrong side of this argument. The best I've heard a fan boy say is there was ONE track where the C7Z beat anything was the C7Z over the C6ZR1 but that was the 08 model before the ZR1 was equipped with comparable Cup Tires... And that's IT!

Truth hurts sometimes and this is this is one. Even that fat pig of a Hell Cat which weighs 1000lbs more than the over weight C7Z just walks it like DOG.

We all hoped an prayed for something to brag about on the C7Z and I'm still waiting... seems every time I log on here, I see more and more evidence that this car is under performing. Makes me wish we saw videos like the 06 C6Z walking EVERYTHING on Youtube... sadly, this aint happening.

Go to the C7Z General Discussion, its embarrassing. You'd swear you weren't on the CORVETTE FORUM.... I can help you defend it bro. It just isn't a winner. Spade a Spade

RE the OP's post... TRULY STUNNING!! And I'm the LAST person to compliment Ford on anything. I rode with a buddy in his Ford GT and was underwhelmed. Nice *** on it and kinda comfortable inside but my C6Z walked it BADLY. That said, its unique and you don't see it sharing body panels with other Fords unlike the Corvette. GM NEEDS a new Halo mid engine car and I hope the Zora is just as futuristic and bad azz cause the photos of the Zora I've seen BORE ME. Too smooth and uninteresting. Love the aero on the new GT car and it even sounds amazing. V6... MEH, but if it can perform then good for Ford!

This will probably be the 1st and LAST positive post that'll make on a Ford product. I have to hand it to them, they scored a homer on this one! Even I want one!

Last edited by starchedup; 02-03-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Response to OP
Old 02-07-2015, 05:49 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by z06>porsche
Indeed, the new GT is very pretty. But the Z06(Z07 track pack) is dangerously close to things such as "Bugatti , LA FERRARI , Mclaren , and the best Lambo has to offer." (You aren't supposed to space before a comma, only after)
um ,,,, ok , , , your posts are pathetic and comical

Go read some more magazines
Old 02-08-2015, 02:09 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by z06>porsche
close in which way? (just curious in what you're thinking)

Last edited by themonk; 02-08-2015 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:19 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
close in which way? (just curious in what you're thinking)
Only in a traffic jam will the Z06 be "close" to any of the hyper cars.

Quick Reply: New Z06 competition.