Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Reference Lap Times (since this post will end up here anyway)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Reference Lap Times (since this post will end up here anyway)

I have been anxious to hear real reports about the C7Z06 on track and it is verboten to be in any way critical about it in the C7Z subforum (under guise of comparing with other cars), and the reports developing are a bit too much like holding hands and singing kumbaya for my taste.

So far, we have track reports from Homestead, Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta.

At Homestead, SCCA just raced and the results can be found for all race groups here: http://www.scca.com/events/results.cfm?eid=8400 I am pretty sure the track configuration matches the configuration used for DE. Fast 4 in Spec Miata ran in the 1:38s on 1/9/15. DE times in Z06 in the forum where this post would be ejected from were about 1:42 fastest, but most slower due to traffic and the poster was taking care of the car to break in the diff.

At Laguna Seca, the best reported lap time in the Z was 1:44.xx. The hero laps by Randy Pobst for Motor Trend are here: http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/ and best are in the 1:33 range. SM track record there is in the 1:45s.

At Road Atlanta, the times were faster. Lawdogg (sp?) was in the 1:35s best lap, which compares pretty favorably to Pobst and Milner hero laps, esp since he had a pax and street tires (not running MPSC, I don't think). SM pole at the SCCA ARRC race was just under 1:43, so 1:35s is quick for sure. Ambient temps were in the 40s, coolant temps peaked at 210, Oil at 257 from the PDR on the Z.

These are just objective numbers, of course "comparing" to other cars, so draw you own conclusions.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:42 PM
carcrazyandbroke
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kverges
I have been anxious to hear real reports about the C7Z06 on track and it is verboten to be in any way critical about it in the C7Z subforum (under guise of comparing with other cars), and the reports developing are a bit too much like holding hands and singing kumbaya for my taste.

So far, we have track reports from Homestead, Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta.

At Homestead, SCCA just raced and the results can be found for all race groups here: http://www.scca.com/events/results.cfm?eid=8400 I am pretty sure the track configuration matches the configuration used for DE. Fast 4 in Spec Miata ran in the 1:38s on 1/9/15. DE times in Z06 in the forum where this post would be ejected from were about 1:42 fastest, but most slower due to traffic and the poster was taking care of the car to break in the diff.

At Laguna Seca, the best reported lap time in the Z was 1:44.xx. The hero laps by Randy Pobst for Motor Trend are here: http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/ and best are in the 1:33 range. SM track record there is in the 1:45s.

At Road Atlanta, the times were faster. Lawdogg (sp?) was in the 1:35s best lap, which compares pretty favorably to Pobst and Milner hero laps, esp since he had a pax and street tires (not running MPSC, I don't think). SM pole at the SCCA ARRC race was just under 1:43, so 1:35s is quick for sure. Ambient temps were in the 40s, coolant temps peaked at 210, Oil at 257 from the PDR on the Z.

These are just objective numbers, of course "comparing" to other cars, so draw you own conclusions.
Thanks for sharing....I've been following the C7 forum also, but hesitate to comment or question lest I be called a Troll.

I want to see some data from C6Z06 and ZR1 lap times from comparable run times/conditions with average to good drivers on the track with the C7Z06.

My point is, I can't max out the C6's potential, much less the apparent improvement in the C7. I don't need to spend $100k to look at it.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Please let us know how the Hellcats do. In this forum, it would be utterly shocking if the Hellcat twins don't get 1-2 finishes, everywhere.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:12 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
Please let us know how the Hellcats do. In this forum, it would be utterly shocking if the Hellcat twins don't get 1-2 finishes, everywhere.
Huh? On a road course? I'll put money down they will not perform well compared to the C7Z, Gen V Viper and a number of other lighter cars. Too much mass, too little tire. But I'd still like to see lap times.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Hellcat on a road course? lol

Get notified of new replies

To Reference Lap Times (since this post will end up here anyway)