Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

900hp 4.3 TVS Blower option for 2013+ Vipers available from the dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:37 AM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
So it will be able to beat a hellcat charger or challenger? nice lol
Considering it beats them stock, of course.

The Hellcat just did a head to head with Motortrend, it went up against the Camaro.

The Hellcat did an anemic 11.7 1/4 @ 125 MPH. It also showed that the engine is under rated, they were getting like 760 HP at the crank. That's some crappy times for 760 HP and is what happens when you design a car to be a tugboat at 4500 pounds. It barely beat the Camaro which has almost 200 HP less on their make-shift course, just by a fraction of a second.

Just to put that into perspective, the Hellcat weighs more than my four door Unlimited Rubicon 4x4 Wrangler.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 AM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the stock Vipers at our last rental didn't have a problem with the Hellcat unless you claim the roll with the Viper missing a shift as a Hellcat win.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

No you didn't.....
Old 01-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
sure there is, theyre called superchargers and turbo's...and theyre might fine replacements at that...

On a side note, 900 is great for serious power hungry crazies but for me, it will just make the snake harder in doing what its most fun to do...have at it.

Plus Im not giving up my warranty...
And then you put Superchargers on the bigger displacement cars and beat the smaller ones again You can put forced induction on anything, but you can't increase displacement (without some serious changes )

That being said, I do love me a supercharged engine and I am in no way biased whatsoever
Old 01-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Putting the power to the ground will always be the problem with high HP rear wheel drive cars on stock rubber.

This 900HP Viper wont be any different.

Take the Hellcat...11.7 on street tires....10.48 on drag radials...

A 900 HP Viper would be a roll racing monster though......
Old 01-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by FLATOUTVIPER
Well the stock Vipers at our last rental didn't have a problem with the Hellcat unless you claim the roll with the Viper missing a shift as a Hellcat win.
you mean when he the hellcat was already ahead ?? a win is a win don't start crying like the c7z guys. I like you Viper boys don't start acting like the vette crowd now

Last edited by Chicago1; 01-29-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:19 PM
ajjaro
Intermediate

you mean when he the hellcat was already ahead ?? a win is a win don't start crying like the c7z guys. I like you Viper boys don't start acting like the vette crowd now
I believe it

The charger hellcat posted better acceleration numbers to 150 with C & D than the viper or ZR1.

15.8 from 0-150 is no joke.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:47 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

You mean the same exact hell cat that ran that exact same race and lost literally 2 minutes before that race where the Viper missed a shift?

I was there in the tower watching the pulls, internet guy. They literally hit it at half track so about an 1/8 mile or a pull through ONE gear to somehow determine a winner lol. I can tell you the Vipers had zero problem outtrapping the Hellcat all day by 4-6mph, and I was the only one there on drag radials the rest of the Vipers and Hellcat were on street tires. Vipers trapping 131.5-134.6mph stock in the quarter and the Hellcat was trapping 126.8 I believe. Do I think the Hellcat could have trapped 128 with slightly better traction, maybe.

But to seriously act like the ONE run where no one that was in attendance agreed with the outcome due to a miss shift as a litmus test to measure the two cars by is absurd.

Again I ran 10.8@134.9 to the same Hellcats 12.2@125, do I think all Hellcats should be measured by that run of his? Nope, but my your logic I should.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:52 PM
ajjaro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FLATOUTVIPER
You mean the same exact hell cat that ran that exact same race and lost literally 2 minutes before that race where the Viper missed a shift?

I was there in the tower watching the pulls, internet guy. They literally hit it at half track so about an 1/8 mile or a pull through ONE gear to somehow determine a winner lol. I can tell you the Vipers had zero problem outtrapping the Hellcat all day by 4-6mph, and I was the only one there on drag radials the rest of the Vipers and Hellcat were on street tires. Vipers trapping 131.5-134.6mph stock in the quarter and the Hellcat was trapping 126.8 I believe. Do I think the Hellcat could have trapped 128 with slightly better traction, maybe.

But to seriously act like the ONE run where no one that was in attendance agreed with the outcome due to a miss shift as a litmus test to measure the two cars by is absurd.

Again I ran 10.8@134.9 to the same Hellcats 12.2@125, do I think all Hellcats should be measured by that run of his? Nope, but my your logic I should.

I'm curious..

Would you brag that this guy

VIPER

Is only slightly faster than this guy

HELLCAT

OR

That this guy ^ can even keep up?

Last edited by ajjaro; 01-29-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Some people act like putting 760+ HP in a rolling brick is some mystical accomplishment. I have no idea how they made that car that heavy.

A stock Viper TA would do something like 7:1x at the 'ring. A Hellcat? 8:xx+

lol the Hellcat only beat the Camaro in the recent MT video impromptu road course by like 1/10th of a second. The Camaro has almost 200 less crank HP!

Don't even mention once you put the soon to be released S/C kit on the Viper, 900HP @ 3,300 pounds, the Hellcat will look like it's standing still.

Last edited by Callsign_Vega; 01-29-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

^ lol..I agree

The hellcat won get over it. Your almighty beast got punked by an elephant..Truth..and obviously I;m having fun with you cause you easily get upset. I'm driving a pos c5 I should be the hurt one here lol
Old 01-29-2015, 04:13 PM
ajjaro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
Some people act like putting 760+ HP in a rolling brick is some mystical accomplishment.

lol the Hellcat only beat the Camaro in the recent MT video impromptu road course by like 1/10th of a second. The Camaro has almost 200 less crank HP!
It's not really an accomplishment, it just something nobody has done. It's silly, stupid and wonderful at the same time.

Amazing that a family sedan with a warranty and plenty of trunk space can run low 11s in the high 120 range.

Yeah maybe a stock viper TA would do 7:1x at the ring, and that's very impressive... For the guy who drove it.

but

Let's be real here, everyone was expecting it to be in that area. Most members here would do 8:3x with the viper.

Putting 120k into a car and bragging about people who can drive much faster than you ever will is not impressive either, but most of this forum does it with a vengeance..

The hellcat was never designed to be track weapon, it was designed to be a pet elephant for your garage.

Last edited by ajjaro; 01-29-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:18 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Some people act like putting 760+ HP in a rolling brick is some mystical accomplishment. I have no idea how they made that car that heavy.

Don't even mention once you put the soon to be released S/C kit on the Viper, 900HP @ 3,300 pounds, the Hellcat will look like it's standing still.
Awww....It will be ok.....Don't cry now.....Just pay 30K for the 900 HP kit......... problem solved....LMAO
Attached Images  

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 01-29-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:22 PM
ajjaro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
Awww....It will be ok.....Don't cry now.....Just pay 20K for the 900 HP kit......... problem solved....LMAO
So much hypocrisy lol
Old 01-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ajjaro
The hellcat was never designed to be track weapon, it was designed to be a pet elephant for your garage.
Then why keep comparing it against totally different cars, the Z06 and Viper?

Really, more apt competition is the Mercedes AMG, Audi RS coupes etc.

If I were to get a Hellcat, it would be the Charger. If it's going to weigh two metric ton's, might as well have four door and look better.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:27 PM
ajjaro
Intermediate

Then why keep comparing it against totally different cars, the Z06 and Viper?

Really, more apt competition is the Mercedes AMG, Audi RS coupes etc.

If I were to get a Hellcat, it would be the Charger. If it's going to weigh two metric ton's, might as well have four door and look better.
The "elephant" feature about it is the straight line speed and power, as well as it's place in no mans land.

So, i compared it to the prime two topics of this forum, the corvette and viper. They highlight the elephant(ness) of this wonderfully silly grocery getter.

If i were to compare it to other sedans, that's not as impressive because it's expected and lezbi honest here, it's competitors are better in every way but straight line speed, trunk space and cabin room. But then again, it's performance sedan competitors are 2, 3 and 4 times the price.

It's a vehicle in no mans land. It's sedan competition in it's price range are MUCH smaller & slower, it's performance sedan competition in it's size category are MUCH more expensive. It's straight line performance is super car level. It's a pet elephant, no real purpose but amazing at the same time.

unexpected things catch people's attention.

fyi, never compared it to the Z06.

Last edited by ajjaro; 01-29-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ajjaro
The "elephant" feature about it is the straight line speed and power.

So, i compared it to the prime two topics of this forum, the corvette and viper. They highlight the elephant(ness) of this wonderfully silly grocery getter.

If i were to compare it to other sedans, that's not as impressive because it's expected.

unexpected things catch people's attention.

fyi, never compared it to the Z06.
One-trick ponies are boring. The only thing the Hell-cat is good at is highway rolls for the average joe. Unless you drive illegally on the street with massive drag radials, the Hell-cat on street tires with that power level is pretty poor off the line for runs from a dig. MT with street tires got a 11.7 @ 125 1/4 with a Hellcat having 760+ HP at the crank. That's laughably bad for that power level.

I also wasn't just talking about you, there are many threads comparing the Z06's straight line speed to the Hellcat.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM
ajjaro
Intermediate

One-trick ponies are boring. The only thing the Hell-cat is good at is highway rolls for the average joe. Unless you drive illegally on the street with massive drag radials, the Hell-cat on street tires with that power level is pretty poor off the line for runs from a dig. MT with street tires got a 11.7 @ 125 1/4 with a Hellcat having 760+ HP at the crank. That's laughably bad for that power level.

I also wasn't just talking about you, there are many threads comparing the Z06's straight line speed to the Hellcat.
Yeah im sure it's not the best daily out there. In this test it did an 11.4 @128.

Most drivers do highway rolls and never see the track. Pure and simple. That explains the z06 comparisons.

Anyways, it definitely is a car with certain traits that stand out. Not everyone is into luxury cars.

And some people prefer to be humble in their choice of daily vehicle (most people would simply see the Hellcat as a "dodge")

Last edited by ajjaro; 01-29-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Starting to save my pennies for the upgrade. The GEN V Viper's are really coming into their prime now.

1 of 1 custom build models
New upgraded Time Attack cars
ACR version on the horizon
ECU tune/cracked for performance upgrades
900HP Supercharger kit soon

When Chevy drop's a supercharger on a Corvette, you get 650 HP. When SRT drops a supercharger on a Viper, you get 900 HP. Ok, just a jab in good fun..
That's when you pull the little 1.7 and add a 2.3!

Quick Reply: 900hp 4.3 TVS Blower option for 2013+ Vipers available from the dealer!