Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FFRR Murder vs Storm

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
soulsea
Alcoholics Unanimous
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,642 Likes on 413 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default FFRR Murder vs Storm

Okay so a little background info. Depending on which market one is in, full size V8SC Range Rovers can be traded in a year later at or close to original MSRP. That's for a couple of reasons, demand is really high and in some markets the wait is about 6-9 months, and because LRUSA puts geographical restrictions on new car sales on their dealers, so you can't just buy one in Texas if you live in NY the same way as with say C7Zs. However there are no restrictions on used ones, so in many markets like mine, prices for low mileage used ones are actually higher than for new ones, especially because used ones have no export restrictions and there are many people who buy these to ship to Russia and China where the demand is stupid high and so are the prices.

So my 14.5 is getting traded while my dealer will still give me MSRP on it.

I have two choices.

Choice 1. That's the one I have on order and planning to go with, and that is a 'murdered out' limited edition (200 made) with expected delivery end of April. The first thing I would do is swap wheels to give it definition and it will essentially look identical to this one:

Choice 2. A 'stormtrooper' limited edition (300 made) that just arrived at the dealership last night. They are giving me first dibs at it in case I prefer it to the blacked out one.

Keep in mind the black one is professional photography whereas the white one is me pimping the iPhone.

Thoughts?
Old 02-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

White by a country mile. I'm not a huge fan of the totally blacked out look. I love the black and white contrast on the second one. White all the way.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:07 PM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're **** about cleanliness, as you are aware, having a black vehicle can test your sanity. For the most part, white can look clean until it's REALLY dirty. I love white, but in choosing between the Rovers, even I would go with the black one. Makes it look smaller and classier. The white one resembles a Ford Flex a little too much!

Old 02-13-2015, 04:08 AM
ChrisBarney
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome problem to have... that's for sure!

I, too, prefer the all black look. The White doesn't reflect the body lines of the car very well in my opinion.. makes it look very large. However, the top picture is lowered as well, whereas the White RR is at stock ride height, so that's a big difference as well.

Personally, I'd wait it out, stick with the Black
Old 02-13-2015, 09:05 AM
soulsea
Alcoholics Unanimous
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,642 Likes on 413 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

The ride height is adjustable at the push of a button on these trucks, you can have it all the way down like in the black pic, regular everyday setting like the white one, and all the up for off roading ... it's part of the 'all terrain' system that these vehicles come with. Basically the white one can be as low as that black one in about five seconds so that shouldn't impact the decision.

So far we gots two for black and one for white ...thanks for chiming in.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:32 AM
brewersprts
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Out of those two, I like the black one. Although I have a black range rover supercharged so I may be a little biased. Lol

I like white range rovers a lot too but I would like all white, not the black and white. I normally love the stormtrooper look on cars but I don't like the black fake gills and strip. I also don't like the style of wheels on the white one at all.

I pick the black one or an all white one.

Actually. You should get one in alubeam. What an amazing looking silver. It looks almost liquid.

Get notified of new replies

To FFRR Murder vs Storm