Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

GS Stripes on a Dodge?

Old 03-10-2015, 09:22 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
this whole HC vs C7 reminds me of back in 1987 when the GN would go up against a C4. Yes it was faster in a straight line up to a point but braking and cornering, not a chance, yet all that didn't stop people from comparing the two and I'll bet dollar to doughnuts it was the GN boys that did the first comparison, just like how I bet it was the HC fan bois that did the first with the C7. The Corvette never had anything to prove and when you're on top of the mountain people are always looking to knock you off.
I wasn't old enough to drive in 1987 but do remember that the GN was GM's fastest car, nobody cared about ring times.
If you look at the value of a nice 87 GN vs a nice corvette of the same year, you will see that the GN, is worth 2-4 times what a vette is, a real nice GN costs more than it did from the factory.
In the mod world Amy generation vette should be wary of a GN lining up next to them.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:39 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I wasn't old enough to drive in 1987 but do remember that the GN was GM's fastest car, nobody cared about ring times.
If you look at the value of a nice 87 GN vs a nice corvette of the same year, you will see that the GN, is worth 2-4 times what a vette is, a real nice GN costs more than it did from the factory.
In the mod world Amy generation vette should be wary of a GN lining up next to them.
ask me how I know all about the GN.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:32 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

ask me how I know all about the GN.

I knew you had a GN, you posted a pick when I had mine , my car was evil, I loved the look on the faces of ZR1, Viper owners when I would put 15 cars on them
Old 03-12-2015, 07:36 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Here is a picture of my built motor.
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:39 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Another
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:43 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

I have tons of all my motor builds, corvettes, Mustangs, my turbo busa etc
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!

I knew you had a GN, you posted a pick when I had mine , my car was evil, I loved the look on the faces of ZR1, Viper owners when I would put 15 cars on them
what did you do to it?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:16 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

what did you do to it?

the question is what didn't I do to it, the list is almost as long as my turbo busa build.

the typical forged rotating assembly, precision 6766 dbb turbo, GN1 alum heads 224 cam metco intake, 80 injectors, with a fuel system good for 900 plus, 300o stallwith built 200r4, xfi tuning all done by cotton performance, Turbo TA headers, the large air to water intercooler with Meth, so much to list, QA1 suspension, A arms etc, when hooked it would wheelie high enough to scare me, and I don't scare, MY turbo busa can wheelie at almost any speed, the difference is that you can see, amyone who has pulled a high whellie in a car know that the only thing you see is the sun, I have a ton more that was in my GN, but its been gone for a year, same with my procharged Boss.
I had to clean house, Ill have a 2015 Viper within 2 months, still have the bike, after I get rid of my gen 2 and replace it with the gen 5, it will leave me with plenty room for another car, Im thinking of getting rid of my Benz(daily driver and going with a charger hellcat, but that will be next year, I always play musical cars, right now dodge is really bringing it, ford started all this high horse stuff, but have seemed to fall, , with the exception of the GT which is which is a car I will never be able to become close to affording, I want to see ford retaliation to the hellcats, the hellcat would be a car that I would leave stock, except making the wheels wider, with some sticky tires, and an auto, I see it as a Z and viper killer(which is why I will do exhaust(front to back) the arrow tune and a 200 shot of nitrous(I already have a viper nitrous kit but would just update two two carbon fiber bottles, and get rid of the cheap microswitches and go electric, I already have the MSD RPM on/off electric adjustable unit, 800 plus HP, should take care of most
Ill see what the C8 has in store for the corvette, thing is I wont go from a Viper to a vette, having two sports cars doesn't make much sense(been there done that), the hell cat is a hell of a car but its a four door, , maybe Ill get another GN, 1st things 1st is the viper, from there I will have to see, I like to have a pure sports car, muscle car and everyday car, the hellcat does that in a way no other car has ever done it.

I could break my rule again and buy another C6 ZR1, I must say Ive had a ZR1 and Viper at the same time and it does not suck, especially for what the going prices are on the ZR1, for the money, nothing can beat it in any point.
Unless the car has a SC or turbo on it , im going the easy, cheaper route, as Im done ripping motors apart, Ive wasted to much money.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 03-15-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:41 AM
themonk
Team Owner

the question is what didn't I do to it, the list is almost as long as my turbo busa build.

the typical forged rotating assembly, precision 6766 dbb turbo, GN1 alum heads 224 cam metco intake, 80 injectors, with a fuel system good for 900 plus, 300o stallwith built 200r4, xfi tuning all done by cotton performance, Turbo TA headers, the large air to water intercooler with Meth, so much to list, QA1 suspension, A arms etc, when hooked it would wheelie high enough to scare me, and I don't scare, MY turbo busa can wheelie at almost any speed, the difference is that you can see, amyone who has pulled a high whellie in a car know that the only thing you see is the sun, I have a ton more that was in my GN, but its been gone for a year, same with my procharged Boss.
I had to clean house, Ill have a 2015 Viper within 2 months, still have the bike, after I get rid of my gen 2 and replace it with the gen 5, it will leave me with plenty room for another car, Im thinking of getting rid of my Benz(daily driver and going with a charger hellcat, but that will be next year, I always play musical cars, right now dodge is really bringing it, ford started all this high horse stuff, but have seemed to fall, , with the exception of the GT which is which is a car I will never be able to become close to affording, I want to see ford retaliation to the hellcats, the hellcat would be a car that I would leave stock, except making the wheels wider, with some sticky tires, and an auto, I see it as a Z and viper killer(which is why I will do exhaust(front to back) the arrow tune and a 200 shot of nitrous(I already have a viper nitrous kit but would just update two two carbon fiber bottles, and get rid of the cheap microswitches and go electric, I already have the MSD RPM on/off electric adjustable unit, 800 plus HP, should take care of most
Ill see what the C8 has in store for the corvette, thing is I wont go from a Viper to a vette, having two sports cars doesn't make much sense(been there done that), the hell cat is a hell of a car but its a four door, , maybe Ill get another GN, 1st things 1st is the viper, from there I will have to see, I like to have a pure sports car, muscle car and everyday car, the hellcat does that in a way no other car has ever done it.

I could break my rule again and buy another C6 ZR1, I must say Ive had a ZR1 and Viper at the same time and it does not suck, especially for what the going prices are on the ZR1, for the money, nothing can beat it in any point.
Unless the car has a SC or turbo on it , im going the easy, cheaper route, as Im done ripping motors apart, Ive wasted to much money.
interesting.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GS Stripes on a Dodge?