Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Viper Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Viper Maintenance

5th Gen owners: from a maintenance perspective, how reliable has your Gen V been to date? Any issues in particular to note? Any reoccurring issues, etc?

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Mulligan7
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
5th Gen owners: from a maintenance perspective, how reliable has your Gen V been to date? Any issues in particular to note? Any reoccurring issues, etc?

Thanks.
I've got a 2013 and it's been a fantastic car. No issues whatsoever...
Old 04-05-2015, 09:10 PM
bubbaboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2013 and I have had two issues with the car, a defective electronic door handle and the glass in the rear hatch had to be replaced. These are two known issues that affect the 2013's and early 2014's, I've been told. The dealership had my car for 3 months, it was one of the worst experiences that I've ever had with a car. Chrysler resolution team called me to discuss a possible price for taking the car back towards a new one, right before the dealership finally repaired the car. The dealers don't seem to give a crap about this car and most of them do not have Viper Techs on site to do work on Vipers. Any normal person would've dumped this car long ago, I love this car too much though. JD
Old 04-07-2015, 01:38 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I have a 2014 and the only issue I have had is that the car went into limp mode twice for no reason. Sound solid car otherwise, extremely happy.

My closest bud has a 2013 and he has had absolutely 0 issues with his.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:47 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I only have 800 miles on my car. No problems with 2 months of ownership. I have 14 SRT that was fully loaded, granted not a TA or GTS but Napa leather and the really nice stereo system special order gun metal pearl paint and sidewinder wheels...

The one thing I hate is the blind spot behind the b pillar that my new corvette c7 Z06 doesn't have. If your on a mountain road in windy cross traffic your blind. I'm thinking of adding a blind spot camera and monitor its so bad on my viper.

Get notified of new replies

To Viper Maintenance

Quick Reply: Viper Maintenance