Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Frustrated tracking your Z06? Here's how Jeep does it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 03:13 PM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin1106
I had a 2012 jeep grand Cherokee srt 8 AWD, it did absolutely horrible in the snow. I traded it in for a 2013 ram 1500 Laramie 4x4. Much better in the snow.
Its the tires not the vehicle, it comes w/ max performance summers - you need AT's in the very least, or like my buddy has on his '14 GC SRT - blizzaks.

As far is being $75k....NOBODY except Forrest Gump would be paying anywhere near MSRP for a dodge/chrysler product, I thought it was pretty much common knowledge they wack prices down more than any other brand, hell you get $10k discounts on a Ram just sneezing on it!

Last edited by C5Dobie; 04-07-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:18 PM
jsmbluecar
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I think the transmissions are fairly comparable. I love the A8 in the Z and in the Jeep so far.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:09 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmbluecar
I think the transmissions are fairly comparable. I love the A8 in the Z and in the Jeep so far.
Yeah loving my A8 in my stingray as well!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:20 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Dobie
As far is being $75k....NOBODY except Forrest Gump would be paying anywhere near MSRP for a dodge/chrysler product, I thought it was pretty much common knowledge they wack prices down more than any other brand, hell you get $10k discounts on a Ram just sneezing on it!
Sure, you can get a Costco deal on a RAM Tradesman. Doesn't mean you can get a deal on a vehicle that might be in high demand and low in production.

Calling people stupid for buying the vehicle they want probably does nothing to improve their enjoyment of the vehicle or their purchase, so why make other forum members feel bad?

As for Range Rovers, the ones before BMW redesigned the entire platform were terrible. Now they're rock solid.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:56 AM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Sure, you can get a Costco deal on a RAM Tradesman. Doesn't mean you can get a deal on a vehicle that might be in high demand and low in production.

Calling people stupid for buying the vehicle they want probably does nothing to improve their enjoyment of the vehicle or their purchase, so why make other forum members feel bad?

As for Range Rovers, the ones before BMW redesigned the entire platform were terrible. Now they're rock solid.
I'm just stating the obvious- it's dumb to pay msrp for a domestic vehicle, particularly a Chrysler product. From personal experience, I know 2 people (1 coworker and 1 friend) who both bought SRT products (300c and a GC) and neither paid anywhere close to msrp.

I will say the 300 was probably even more steeply discounted since it had the outgoing 5 speed auto.

Case in point, I have a 2014 GMC sierra fully loaded, and I bought it only a few months after the release (a time when they typically don't discount vehicles much since they have that "new" factor) the truck listed for $52,000 I was able to get them down to $47,899 before it even dealt w/ trade in or my gm card points.

But- to the point of the thread, it is pretty cool how well you can track the progress from dodge/Chrysler.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 AM
kw1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to beat a dead horse but the other point is no matter what car brand we are talking about when you have a hot seller you can't expect much of a discount and your lucky to buy it for MSRP. Case in point, try getting a discount on a Hellcat or even MSRP. Hellcat as in Chrysler.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 AM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Originally Posted by kw1
Not to beat a dead horse but the other point is no matter what car brand we are talking about when you have a hot seller you can't expect much of a discount and your lucky to buy it for MSRP. Case in point, try getting a discount on a Hellcat or even MSRP. Hellcat as in Chrysler.
Hmm...that is true, but that isn't necessarily a run of the mill car now is it? The Viper gets discounted.

TBH I think paying full $65,000 MSRP for a factory blown, 707HP, manual tranny, fully loaded warrantied beast of a muslce car is already a deal IMO
Old 04-09-2015, 06:07 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Dobie
Its the tires not the vehicle, it comes w/ max performance summers - you need AT's in the very least, or like my buddy has on his '14 GC SRT - blizzaks.

I just bought a 2015 Grand Cherokee, to use primarily as a winter driver, here in the snow belt. I actually thought about looking into the SRT, but A) I don't need to spend $68K for a "winter car", and B) finding snow tires in a 20" size, is both limited and costly. Yes, you MIGHT be able to scale back to a 19" wheel, which opens up the snow tire availability, but at my age, I'm no longer into the 2 sets of wheel/tires, and dragging them up and down the basement stairs, twice a year.

I did get the 5.7 Hemi, however.....

One other "cool" thing that Jeep did, because I specially ordered my GC, across the top of the window sticker, it said "Built Especially for Leadfoot". My Corvette didn't say that!!

Last edited by leadfoot4; 04-09-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:44 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Folks, I am the OP.

All I really wanted to do was point out how Jeep can help you track a car, but I am excited that some of you think it's a good choice. I am in Fla vacationing right now and will pick up the SRT when I get back.

I think it is a good stablemate for a Z07.😊
Old 04-10-2015, 04:50 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

It is easier for me to talk about the one thing I don't like about our 14 SRT...the tires. The Pirelli's Suck. They flatspot just sitting overnight and take forever to get heat into them to ride smooth. You really don't have any other options for the truck that's worth a darn.

Otherwise, it's great. It even does ok in the snow and ice. Snow mode it starts out in 2nd gear etc and does well given the summer tires. Much better than my 07 SRT8 does.