Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Frustrated tracking your Z06? Here's how Jeep does it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 09:30 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Frustrated tracking your Z06? Here's how Jeep does it.

I am waiting on a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT winter rat. Here's the tracking detail available to you as a Jeep forum member by simply upgrading your forum membership level at $29.95 per year.

Khoeysr (GC SRT - Billet)
Date ordered: N/A
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 03/18/2015
Estimated delivery: 04/06/2015
Built - Pending Inspection: (I) 03/26/2015 08:39 AM EDT Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
Staged For Shipment 03/26/2015 10:03 AM EDT Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
Plant Release (KZ) 03/26/2015 10:37 AM EDT Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
In Bay At Facility 03/27/2015 07:05 PM EDT Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
Train Arrival 03/28/2015 11:00 PM EDT On Railcar - Detroit North Yard, MI
Train Arrival 03/29/2015 07:50 AM EDT On Railcar - Oakwood, MI
Train Departure 03/30/2015 01:40 AM EDT On Railcar - Trenton, MI
Train Departure 03/30/2015 05:34 AM EDT On Railcar - Clyde, OH
Train Arrival 03/30/2015 08:33 PM EDT On Railcar - Fostoria, OH
Train Departure 04/01/2015 01:00 AM EDT On Railcar - Vermilion, OH
Train Departure 04/01/2015 09:08 AM EDT On Railcar - Farnham, NY
Placed at Industry 04/02/2015 01:00 AM EDT On Railcar - Buffalo, NY
Unloaded From Railcar 04/02/2015 02:04 PM EDT Buffalo, NY

I have not yet been notified that it has left Buffalo. It is waiting on transport. But when it leaves I will be updated.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:57 AM
jsmbluecar
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I own a 2014 Jeep SRT and it's a pretty great vehicle. Good luck with it.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jsmbluecar
I own a 2014 Jeep SRT and it's a pretty great vehicle. Good luck with it.
Hot rod SUV
Old 04-06-2015, 10:20 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

How is this thing honestly? My wife is looking for a snow capable, fun to drive, and good looking baby mobile. I know it's fast but does it handle at all? Is it fun on twisty roads? Every Chrysler I've driven in the past decade has driven like a pile of **** bricks placed on a styrofoam chassis.

Thanks!

Best,
Gene
Old 04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Gene, I have youtubed the heck out of it. If good opinions were money I would be a biilionaire. I have not test driven one, as I did not do with my Stingray and Z06.

I can fill you in on winter in about a year.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:44 AM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I am waiting for the Hellcat JGC...
Old 04-06-2015, 10:51 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Gene, I have youtubed the heck out of it. If good opinions were money I would be a biilionaire. I have not test driven one, as I did not do with my Stingray and Z06.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:03 AM
mjpcowboy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

$75k for a jeep just doesn't seem right
Old 04-06-2015, 12:34 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 733 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
How is this thing honestly? My wife is looking for a snow capable, fun to drive, and good looking baby mobile. I know it's fast but does it handle at all? Is it fun on twisty roads? Every Chrysler I've driven in the past decade has driven like a pile of **** bricks placed on a styrofoam chassis.

Thanks!

Best,
Gene
They are great!! Sounds awesome; handles really well; very quick; incredibly comfortable seats; pretty well made. Only issue is that they have crappy gas mileage and need premium fuel. If that's not important to you, it could be your wife's next vehicle.

I really thought about ordering one, but for me it was only going to be my drive to/from work vehicle, so I ended up buying an EcoDiesel loaded Overland version. I like it a lot; am getting 25 mpg average in almost 17K miles, but still wish I'd gotten the SRT at times.

Bish
Old 04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms

Thanks!

Best,
Gene
Gene, purchased a full load Summit edition with the V6 for the wife. I never thought in my lifetime I would own a Chrysler product but I must say I do really love this thing. The fit and finish is great, nice to drive, and so far great reliability. The V6 has plenty of power for our use...I find myself wanting to drive it more than my new Chev truck.

Forget to mention...works great in the snow of our Canadian winters...

Last edited by Vegas1500; 04-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:10 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice i also have a 13 SRT Charger!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 AM
Kevin1106
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by khoeysr

I had a 2012 jeep grand Cherokee srt 8 AWD, it did absolutely horrible in the snow. I traded it in for a 2013 ram 1500 Laramie 4x4. Much better in the snow.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Kevin1106
I had a 2012 jeep grand Cherokee srt 8 AWD, it did absolutely horrible in the snow. I traded it in for a 2013 ram 1500 Laramie 4x4. Much better in the snow.
One word: tyres.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:13 AM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don;t know outside of an Wrangler, Chrysler product just seem like a pile of Crap. Everyone that owns one that I know, has issues with it and the dealers are usually suspect and customer service is just horrid. I had a friend that just bought a Wrangler and the thing is two month old and broke down and stranded his 16 year old daughter at 1 AM due to a bad transmission computer mapping. Called the dealer the next day and they told him that they're too busy and it will be a week before they can look at the car and they don;t provide a loaner in the meantime. This is a know issue with the 14' 15' Jeeps and they never issued an recall nor accommodate the customer after they become stranded. I don;t ever see myself buying that piece of Crap. I always had Japanese luxury cars, top notch customer service and reliability is undeniable and I just drop it off and get an loaner for the day anytime, even for oil change. I love the Range rovers but I just can't buy one, because the reliability is so bad and the same for Mercedes now too.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:27 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by racezx9
I don;t know outside of an Wrangler, Chrysler product just seem like a pile of Crap. Everyone that owns one that I know, has issues with it and the dealers are usually suspect and customer service is just horrid. I had a friend that just bought a Wrangler and the thing is two month old and broke down and stranded his 16 year old daughter at 1 AM due to a bad transmission computer mapping. Called the dealer the next day and they told him that they're too busy and it will be a week before they can look at the car and they don;t provide a loaner in the meantime. This is a know issue with the 14' 15' Jeeps and they never issued an recall nor accommodate the customer after they become stranded. I don;t ever see myself buying that piece of Crap. I always had Japanese luxury cars, top notch customer service and reliability is undeniable and I just drop it off and get an loaner for the day anytime, even for oil change. I love the Range rovers but I just can't buy one, because the reliability is so bad and the same for Mercedes now too.
A couple of things:

Range Rovers have very good reliability this day and age. It wasn't always so of course, but I had far less problems with my two RR's than we did with my wife's '08 MB GL.

Chrysler: We have two Jeep Grand Cherokees EcoDiesels. Mine has been completely problem free in 15 months and 16,500 miles. My wife's GC did have an issue with the battery going flat overnight two times and it took a couple of trips to the dealership to get it figured out, which took a replacement of the 'main' computer. Since then, perfect. We purchased the 7/70 extended warranty on the Jeeps which cost us about $1500 per vehicle. It gets us a loaner car everytime even for minor maintenance/warranty issues. Further, our Jeep dealer has been excellent to deal with, as was our salesperson. Last thing: the Wrangler is a pretty old design now and desperately needs to be replaced. It is well know to have 'issues'.

Bish
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM
jsmbluecar
Racer

Since I'm apparently one of the few that own a 2014+ Jeep SRT and a 2015 Z07 I think I can compare them pretty well.

First off we have taken the Jeep on the twisties. We drove it from Seattle to Santa Cruz along the coast and back. Amazing. In fact the transmission in this car is what convinced me that getting an A8 in the Vette would be workable. Is it fun in the twisties? Hell yes! It handle great in sport mode. It accelerates hard (0-60 of 4.2 in our jeep so far) and brakes just as hard. The handling is much more like a sporty car than an SUV. Yes you can feel the weight but overall it's actually a really fun vehicle to drive around.

As for the quality the interior is friggin bombin to coin a term. It's very very nice inside with carbon fiber accents, lots of metal and a very good "infotainment" system. In fact it's got some stuff the Corvette doesn't have like the SRT app. Plus all of the other gadgets like the auto cruise control, radar blind spot warning etc. In fact the thing I miss the most when driving it is the HUD.

Overall I couldn't recommend it more highly. We really seriously considered the Range Rover but came to the conclusion the Jeep would be better overall for us at close to half the price. There really isn't much else around that compares at the price point. I pad $500 over invoice btw, it's not hard to find a deal on these.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:41 AM
jsmbluecar
Racer

Here is a picture of both of them. Note that my wife isn't good at keeping the Jeep (which is her daily driver) that clean

Get notified of new replies

To Frustrated tracking your Z06? Here's how Jeep does it.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 AM
kw1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you buy one take advantage of the track day. Offered to all new owners of the SRT. When I bought my SRT Hemi Challenger they give you a day long track day. I drove all the SRT's including the Jeep. Unbelievable the way that beast handled. Also as far as the tracking goes, I'm waiting for my Z06 (TPW 4/27) Its like pulling teeth to get an answer. When I bought my Jeep Wrangler Sport I gave my dealer my email and I was sent free of charge all updates and production photos every step of build. I knew when it was at my dealership before the dealership knew.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Lizer1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a 14 SRT Jeep and love it. I am not a fan of our local dealer as it was impossible to get decent service from them. Our SRT rep stepped in and got us into another dealer and have been very happy with their service.
The 8sp auto shifts very crisp and quick, I have had it out at Road America and felt that it was every bit as fun as my Grand Sport. Part of the fun is how well it handles for being that tall and heavy. It handles the carousel at 70mph with a little more lean than most track vehicles but still gives a lot of confidence that things won't get out of control before you can react.
For those of you who have driven the Jeep SRT and have a new z or Stingray with the 8sp, how do shift times compare?
Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmbluecar
Since I'm apparently one of the few that own a 2014+ Jeep SRT and a 2015 Z07 I think I can compare them pretty well.

First off we have taken the Jeep on the twisties. We drove it from Seattle to Santa Cruz along the coast and back. Amazing. In fact the transmission in this car is what convinced me that getting an A8 in the Vette would be workable. Is it fun in the twisties? Hell yes! It handle great in sport mode. It accelerates hard (0-60 of 4.2 in our jeep so far) and brakes just as hard. The handling is much more like a sporty car than an SUV. Yes you can feel the weight but overall it's actually a really fun vehicle to drive around.

As for the quality the interior is friggin bombin to coin a term. It's very very nice inside with carbon fiber accents, lots of metal and a very good "infotainment" system. In fact it's got some stuff the Corvette doesn't have like the SRT app. Plus all of the other gadgets like the auto cruise control, radar blind spot warning etc. In fact the thing I miss the most when driving it is the HUD.

Overall I couldn't recommend it more highly. We really seriously considered the Range Rover but came to the conclusion the Jeep would be better overall for us at close to half the price. There really isn't much else around that compares at the price point. I pad $500 over invoice btw, it's not hard to find a deal on these.
Awesome, i also have an SRT produtct (13 SRT charger). Hey how does the ZF8 in the SRT compare to the A8? I really been wondering about this. I originally was going to get a hellcat over my 15 stingray.