Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

LED Resistor headscratch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Sunnybuckdrew
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Resistor headscratch.

Ok guys, I have a street rodded 48 Chevy coupe and the taillights, brake lights, and flashers/blinkers all run through the same two wires in the rear housing(One 1157 bulb per side). The resistors I have say to splice into the positive & negative wires for the blinkers/brakes but to leave the taillight wire alone.

I have tested the wires and one is the positive for the brake/blinker and the other is positive for the tail light with the negative being the opposite for each. I am afraid if I splice in the resistor I will lose one light or the other. Any help is appreciated as I am currently in a standoff with these bulbs
Old 04-24-2015, 08:46 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Not enough information for a reply. Here is my take. I am assuming you replaced 1157 lamps with LED's and the added resistor/s are to allow the flasher to work when using the turn signals. There are direct replacement heavy duty flashers available that do not rely on lamp current to flash at the correct rate and you should be able to use one of these instead of installing resistors. Otherwise, a better explanation of your circuit is required for a proper answer.

Quick Reply: LED Resistor headscratch.