Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2nd vehicle, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBrick Bob
It's basically a twenty first century station wagon, that if set up correctly, drives like a sports sedan.
Love it - guy at my church has one like this... totally cool ride:

Old 05-11-2015, 09:46 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBrick Bob
I have a 2010 Ford Flex EcoBoost Twin Turbo. It is the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. It's not stock. Currently has Megan Coilovers ( 30+ adjustments) which lowered the car 2+ inches. Also has 18" TSW Interlagos, (smaller lighter wheels) and Pilot Super Sports.
When I was dragging it, my best time was 4- 12.9's at 106-107 mph.
Holds 6 - 6 footers comfortably. Know it looks like a toaster... but doesn't act like one. 90,000 mostly trouble free miles. It's basically a twenty first century station wagon, that if set up correctly, drives like a sports sedan.
We now understand your user namer

M/T review of the giant SUV's

6th Place: Infiniti QX80
When you factor in worst in test fuel economy, a cramped third row, and those awkward looks, you have a big SUV that only one of us loved.

5th Place: Lincoln Navigator
Although it's cheaper than the others, it's not nearly as luxurious. We love the powertrain and the 'Gator's utility.

4th Place: Land Rover Range Rover HSE
Gorgeous truck, Gerry McGovern be praised. But the suspect build quality and pricey everything else leaves us cold.

3rd Place: Lexus LX 570
Old age and treachery get some respect! Not ideal for all owners, but there's something uniquely desirable about Lexus' go-anywhere bruiser.

2nd Place: Mercedes-Benz GL450
Our former SUV of the Year is starting to show signs of age. Still, the GL remains one of the smartest SUVs you can buy.

1st Place: Cadillac Escalade Platinum
The best looking, the best interior, the best sounding, and the quickest in our test. The Cadillac Escalade Platinum stole our hearts.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz3ZqHg9EEL

Last edited by cheapthrills; 05-11-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Doc750
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Closer_2001
Those deals were only out there on the last of the '15s that had the 6-spd auto. The 8-speeds currently have no rebates...or no more than a $1000. Even with GM employee Pricing you should be in the high 60s.
http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicle...-IL/2506463593

8 spd tranny, $61k.

Paypal me $500 for the free info.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 PM
00C Just for Fun
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2014 Q7 TDI. Great vehicle. Mid-size, but heavy and powerful. Great to drive vs. full-size SUV's. A very refined automobile even though an aged model.

I get 22 mpg in all around driving, > 500 miles per tank.

Money aside, Q7 vs. an MDX were no comparison in my mind and we have an MDX and previously had a TL in the household that performed very well over many years. I can't recommend the best car for you or anyone else, but suggest you drive a Q5 or Q7 before you decide.
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2015, 08:58 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I know you said "no" to both BMW and MB, but check out the X5M and X6M. Not sure what you think about wagons, but the E63 is something nobody else will have and it will run with your C7.

Not sure if the S6 Avant is still imported to the US. But that would be a good Audi option.

GM products are great for the price (Tahoe LTZ/Denali) but they do not compete with the Germans when it comes to interior appointments.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Or a slightly tickled CTSV wagon.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by White Out
I know you said "no" to both BMW and MB, but check out the X5M and X6M. Not sure what you think about wagons, but the E63 is something nobody else will have and it will run with your C7.

Not sure if the S6 Avant is still imported to the US. But that would be a good Audi option.

GM products are great for the price (Tahoe LTZ/Denali) but they do not compete with the Germans when it comes to interior appointments.
"GM products are great for the price (Tahoe LTZ/Denali) but they do not compete with the Germans when it comes to interior appointments."

If I'm looking to be pampered I'll take the Escalade.

M5

Escalade
Old 05-14-2015, 12:29 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
"GM products are great for the price (Tahoe LTZ/Denali) but they do not compete with the Germans when it comes to interior appointments."

If I'm looking to be pampered I'll take the Escalade.
GL

Escalade

Same price-point. Now I know you can't feel the materials in these pictures, but you don't have to figure out what part of the MB interior is leather or plastic like the Cadillac. Same goes for the wood trim.

A-pillar is alcantara vs. plastic.

Escalade will vibrate your seat if you're going to rear-end someone where the GL stops.

Bose vs. Bang & Olufsen.

GL has more power and with a re-tune jumps to 530hp/600ft-lb.
*there is the AMG model if the 550 isn't quick enough*

Escalade is not going to out-pamper the Germans, no matter how hard it tries.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:07 AM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc750
http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicle...-IL/2506463593

8 spd tranny, $61k.

Paypal me $500 for the free info.
That is a good price - I was assuming an AWD truck with some of the popular options...those usually have MSRP around $72k. No way to get that to $61k now, around Dec. yes.

That Escalade interior IMHO is totally classy - but we are talking $90k+ I'm not sure the OP was looking in that range. CF is fun regardless as we have a diverse group of enthusiasts who enjoy vehicles, period!

Old 05-15-2015, 02:41 PM
NW-99SS
Safety Car

Received 713 Likes on 370 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Another MB vote even though you don't have it on your radar. Wife's DD is an ML350 Bluetec Avantgarde. We have had GMs, a BMW X3, and have experience but not owned Grand Cherokees, Audi Q7s, X5s, Escalades, etc.

We did like the driving impression of the BMW slightly better. Having said that, the ML fits our needs perfectly, 5 passenger seating, enough room in the back for dogs/groceries/and anything we've needed to take on a road trip. The diesel is whisper quiet (no one who didn't already know it was a diesel was shocked when I told them), and I enjoy the torque of a diesel for DD. No downshifting for hills or passing, just some turbo whoosh

I may get reprimanded for this, but no domestic interior I have been in comes close to Audi, BMW, or MB. Slight edge to BMW and MB SUVs over the Q7 we used for a weekend. Mostly personal preference, but also an observance of materials in the back cargo area as well.

Test drive them all, so many options, not really fair to rule them out unless you experience them yourself.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:53 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Www.legendleasing.com plug in SUV and check out the pricing..cost factor is better to lease than one of these leases.

Jmo

Quick Reply: 2nd vehicle, which one?