Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2016 Viper ACR MSRP $117,895

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete W
That is the amount I am looking to spend on my next car. I have looked at the C6 ZR1, 4th Gen Viper, and Porsche 911 TT (997 version). Would you choose the Vette over the Viper? Not sure if I would like the 911, since I really like v8 torque.
I would take a C6 ZR1 over a gen IV Viper. The Gen V Viper and ZR1 are quite similar, I think it comes down to personal preference.

Originally Posted by oicw
If that's true, then it's certainly some good news. Not just for the Viper itself, but Corvette as well, we all know what happens to a product without competition...
Old 06-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by Crabbers
I would take a C6 ZR1 over a gen IV Viper. The Gen V Viper and ZR1 are quite similar, I think it comes down to personal preference.
Having had both I would not take a ZR1 over a Gen 4 ACR

And No the Gen 5 and the ZR1 are definitely not similar other than they are both very fast great cars. Go drive them both on the street as well as the track and get back to us.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Van
Having had both I would not take a ZR1 over a Gen 4 ACR

And No the Gen 5 and the ZR1 are definitely not similar other than they are both very fast great cars. Go drive them both on the street as well as the track and get back to us.
Well, I would take the ZR1 because I'm not looking for a dedicated track car, and as much as I like the gen IV ACR, I wouldn't want to live with it every day. It all depends on what you're using them for

IMO (and this is just an opinion) is that the ZR1 and gen V behave differently, but accomplish the same thing. That's all I was getting at
Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Having owned both I guess I agree with you both. They def behave differently but are extremely similar in stats. I too would own a ZR1 for the streets before a gen IV ACR (never owned 1), but not for a track car.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Having owned both I guess I agree with you both. They def behave differently but are extremely similar in stats. I too would own a ZR1 for the streets before a gen IV ACR (never owned 1), but not for a track car.
Guys, I'm here to tell you that I have driven both my 4 ACR and 12 ZR1 on the street, track as well as long distance trips and I have to say on the long haul, 13 hours straight with stops for fuel and food only, I felt better in the Viper. I am 6'1" tall and 185 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I love them both.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Van
Guys, I'm here to tell you that I have driven both my 4 ACR and 12 ZR1 on the street, track as well as long distance trips and I have to say on the long haul, 13 hours straight with stops for fuel and food only, I felt better in the Viper. I am 6'1" tall and 185 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I love them both.
owning all of them Captain, I trust your word

Last edited by Boba Fett; 06-05-2015 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:55 PM
VLE-OPD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hand crafted!

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
One thing you do have to take into account is at Viper produces around 500- 1500 units/ year, corvette is a mass produced car, viper is all hand built, there are more vettes produced in one year then the entire life span of the viper, so sales figures do not matter.

I've been to both Connor plant and bowling green plant, the vette is built like the Malibu , viper hand crafted .

Look at the making of the viper and corvette videos, everything looks so cheap in the vette video , especially the paint process.
Yeah it's hand crafted alright. I have seen their hand crafting before.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:31 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete W
If the new ACR is anything like the Gen 4 ACR then it is going to be one crazy track car. I have never owned a Viper but have been looking to buy one. I have been looking at buying a clean Gen 2 (I really love the original look), but have also been looking at a Gen 4 or even possibly a Gen 5. I need to start sitting in these cars since I am 6'4" and 270 (what can I say I like lifting weights and pie ) Sorry for the off topic stuff. I hope to see the ACR putting some awesome numbers up at ring and other places soon.
At 6'4", you will be crampted I can tell you that. I've had 2, and loved them, but a tight fit gets old.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:02 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by VLE-OPD
Yeah it's hand crafted alright. I have seen their hand crafting before.
Wait. So you're pinning American build quality against American build quality?

Quick Reply: 2016 Viper ACR MSRP $117,895