Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Jeep Liberty Brake Issues, strange.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:28 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Default Jeep Liberty Brake Issues, strange.

So, unknown to me, apparently vehicles with traction control can eat rear brakes faster than fronts. Of all the 4wd vehicles I have owned with traction control, never have I seen this.
But I am beimg told it is normal. Really. Can someone explain?. I call BS and think Jeep has issues to habe this happen.
2012 jeep liberty..
Old 06-16-2015, 01:36 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krackenvette
So, unknown to me, apparently vehicles with traction control can eat rear brakes faster than fronts. Of all the 4wd vehicles I have owned with traction control, never have I seen this.
But I am beimg told it is normal. Really. Can someone explain?. I call BS and think Jeep has issues to habe this happen.
2012 jeep liberty..
Who knows if it's "normal" or not, but I can tell you that my '07 Wrangler Rubicon went through them too...about 30K and they were done. Fronts were inexplicably fine for more than double that mileage. Probably the same brakes as the liberty, but I dont' konw for sure. But they're so easy to change, it's like $50 or less for the pads...so i don't really care.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:47 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by NEW77GUY
Who knows if it's "normal" or not, but I can tell you that my '07 Wrangler Rubicon went through them too...about 30K and they were done. Fronts were inexplicably fine for more than double that mileage. Probably the same brakes as the liberty, but I dont' konw for sure. But they're so easy to change, it's like $50 or less for the pads...so i don't really care.
Thanks. I will change front n rear together, to keep pads same material etc, and monitor from there.

Get notified of new replies

To Jeep Liberty Brake Issues, strange.

Quick Reply: Jeep Liberty Brake Issues, strange.