Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS: 1994 Mustang GT Racecar/running parts car (full MM equipment)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:45 PM
firebirdfan
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

Default FS: 1994 Mustang GT Racecar/running parts car (full MM equipment)

Posting this here and on Craigslist.

Phone: 423-903-0451
Email: erich.t.baumgartner@gmail.com

Email/text is the easiest way to reach me, as cell service is spotty at work. Pictures are in the Craigslist Ad.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5030209166.html

Price: $5500 OBO or trade

Up for sale/trade is my 1994 Mustang GT. I have recently bought a new car for autocrossing, so this thing needs to go.

This car was bought as a rolling chassis back in 2011 and built from the ground up for the express purpose of being a car that I could drive to an autocross, race all day, and then drive home and never worry about appearance or reliability. It is not a pretty car. The focus was on having a confident, reliable, easy-to-drive Mustang that could be raced with no inhibitions.

The body is a 1994 Mustang GT. The color of the car was originally red, but the previous owner had it repainted white and some of the accents painted black.

The engine is out of a 1995 Mustang GT. It had about 108k miles on it when I got it. That car was a buddy's daily driver for a number of years until a woman pulled out in front of him and totaled it. The engine is stock internally. The heads have never been removed.

The transmission is out of a 1989 foxbody. It had 88k miles on it. The owner was putting in a T56.

The suspension components have been totally and completely replaced. This car is equipped with exclusively Maximum Motorsports components. If you know Mustangs, you know Maximum. They make some of the highest quality suspension components for these cars. Their entire catalog is on this car. I have invoices for almost everything (I lost/destroyed one or two in the garage).

The car has been fully aligned and bumpsteered. It has borderline perfect tire wear. Despite being autocrossed for two years, the tires have always worn evenly across the faces. Extended street driving (4-5k a year) has not affected them at all. The car has no issues with eating up the inner edges of tires.

This car has done very well in the events that I have attended. I've beaten significantly faster vehicles on an autocross with this car many times. Last summer, I was only 0.006 seconds (yes, that number is right) behind my buddy with a 2009 C6 on an 80 second autocross course. I won an event down in Atlanta last year against a bunch of pro-touring cars.

I'm asking $5500 OBO for the car. The price is negotiable and I'd consider trades.

This price may seem high, but if I parted this car out, that's how much it would all be worth. I do not have the space to part this car out. It goes as a whole vehicle or not at all.

Essentially, this is a running and driving parts car. It is worth more in pieces than it is as a running vehicle. The ideal person would buy this and either drive it as-is or tear it to pieces and put all the nice parts listed below on their own Mustang. Every single component would fit a foxbody. Everything except the K-member would fit a 4.6 car.

I also have a MASSIVE stack of other parts for this thing. You buy this car, and you'll get every single Mustang component that I have for it. You can even have the Chilton manuals, I won't need them any more.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: FS: 1994 Mustang GT Racecar/running parts car (full MM equipment)