Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

4 Door vette...Any former or current Pontiac G8 owners?

Old 06-27-2015, 10:49 AM
CROC 6
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 4 Door vette...Any former or current Pontiac G8 owners?

I had 2 Pontiac G8 Gt's, and moved up to the GXP. I always explained to people who didn't know what the G8's were.......it's a "4-door CORVETTE"! GT's have the 6.0L ....GXP have the 6.2L LS3. I loved them all, but felt guilty about putting "miles on the odometer", so sold them when they got to 50K miles. My GXP was 1 of 9 built with the options on it!
Attached Images     
Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

And this has what to do with C6s?
Old 06-27-2015, 10:58 AM
CROC 6
Racer

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
And this has what to do with C6s?
The Pontiac G8's were coined "4 DOOR CORVETTES" by Reviewers and owners.....because of the "CORVETTE engines" Only built in 2008 & 2009.!

Last edited by CROC 6; 06-27-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add info
Old 06-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Z-ZANY
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=CROC 6;1589929078]The Pontiac G8's were coined "4 DOOR CORVETTES" by Reviewers and owners.....because of the "CORVETTE engines"![/QU

Ya sure! My buddy has a 96 Buick wagon with a corvette derived LT1 in it. He doesn't call it a 5 door corvette beachwagon
Old 06-27-2015, 11:13 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

what a lame lookin' car
Old 06-27-2015, 11:24 AM
CROC 6
Racer

Originally Posted by C7Jake
what a lame lookin' car
I always thought Canadians had "taste". No one has ever labeled the GXP "lame looking" , that has seen one or driven one.....no offense!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:26 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by CROC 6
I always thought Canadians had "taste". No one has ever labeled the GXP "lame looking" , that has seen one or driven one.....no offense!
hit the GXP forum
Old 06-27-2015, 11:31 AM
CROC 6
Racer

hit the GXP forum
Sorry your not a fan...I was curious, now that I am a C6 owner!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:21 PM
98silverm6
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I drive a 2009 G8 GT when not driving my 2005 Coupe. It's a great car but I don't compare it to my Corvette.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:32 PM
CROC 6
Racer

Originally Posted by 98silverm6
I drive a 2009 G8 GT when not driving my 2005 Coupe. It's a great car but I don't compare it to my Corvette. nice wheels on the GT, the comparison to the corvette is just for people who don't know what a G8 GT/GXP is! The 6.0/6.2 engines make for a relative comparison. Definitely not a "lame" looking car!
Nice wheels on the GT, the comparison to the corvette is just for people who don't know what a G8 GT/GXP is! The 6.0/6.2 engines make for a relative comparison. Definitely not a "lame" looking car!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 PM
CROC 6
Racer

Default check out the link

hit the GXP forum
Just a FYI......click on the link....you probably are not going to like the results.
BTW I love my AO'09 coupe, and is a great car, but if someone needs 4 doors....the GXP is GREAT too!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:08 PM
K7MXE
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I like it when they do the UTE conversion to the sedan.
LS3 power and six speed like a C6 but in a 2 door pickup. And all the body lines come out.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:11 PM
CROC 6
Racer

Originally Posted by K7MXE
I like it when they do the UTE conversion to the sedan.
LS3 power and six speed like a C6 but in a 2 door pickup. And all the body lines come out.
REALLY RARE vehicle!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,182 Likes on 2,132 Posts

I came from a Pontiac gto with the ls2 and while those and the g8's are great cars, it is NOTHING like a vette. If that's the case then most gm's that have a v8 is a corvette too.

For one both the gto and g8 are pigs that can't handle. They make great daily drivers but I hate when people say its a 4 door vette etc.

That's almost as dumb as those idiot scion frs owners that claim and actually tell people its a "baby Lexus lf-a". I literally wanna punch them in the face. Lol
Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 PM
CROC 6
Racer

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
I came from a Pontiac gto with the ls2 and while those and the g8's are great cars, it is NOTHING like a vette. If that's the case then most gm's0) that have a v8 is a corvette too.

For one both the gto and g8 are pigs that can't handle. They make great daily drivers but I hate when people say its a 4 door vette etc.

That's almost as dumb as those idiot scion frs owners that claim and actually tell people its a "baby Lexus lf-a". I literally wanna punch them in the face. Lol
Easy there big fella...didn't mean to GET you bent outa shape.....You're right that a four door sedan isn't going to be comparable to a corvette sportscar on a road race, the powerplant is what makes an apple to apple comparison....I personally embarrassed several vettes(c-5's), on a 20-100mph straight runs. I never ran a C-6 unfortunately, but after owning both.....my C-6 would run away from the GXP, but it would not be a total rout! No other recent GM vehicle with a V-8 was ever touted to be special performance cars like the GOAT's AND G8's(not counting the newer Camaros and Chevy SS). My GXP COULD NEVER BE CHARACTERIZED AS A PIG! "Have a nice evening"

Last edited by CROC 6; 06-27-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: ad info
Old 06-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Easy there big fella...didn't mean to GET you bent outa shape.....You're right that a four door sedan isn't going to be comparable to a corvette sportscar on a road race, the powerplant is what makes an apple to apple comparison....I personally embarrassed several vettes(c-5's), on a 20-100mph straight runs. I never ran a C-6 unfortunately, but after owning both.....my C-6 would run away from the GXP, but it would not be a total rout! No other recent GM vehicle with a V-8 was ever touted to be special performance cars like the GOAT's AND G8's(not counting the newer Camaros and Chevy SS). My GXP COULD NEVER BE CHARACTERIZED AS A PIG! "Have a nice evening"
lol not at all bent out of shape, just letting you know there are people out there laughing at those who call such cars "4 door vettes", that's all lol.

I moved up from that phase. My GTO was a great car. Never had a problem except for the infamous radiator failure. Other than that, very comfortable, "quick" for what it was, and just a nice car to drive anywhere. But it was a pig. Because it's heavy as hell, along with the G8 and it was meant to just go straight in a fast line.

That's why i said it is no where near a corvette. TO make a statement saying something is similar to another because of the engine, then what i said before about v8's could somewhat apply.

What about the TBSS? Is it a corvette SUV?? Not at all. What about a camaro? Are the LS3 models a weighed down version of a corvette? IF we're going to make up nicknames for cars, the list i can make would be endless.

It's fine if you call whatever car, whatever you want to call it but i just pointed out actual reality lol. Like when an ugly person is being told they're not ugly, just so they don't feel bad? I'm not that type of person. I tell it how it is. If you smell, i'll tell you. If you're fat, i'll tell you.

Regardless of opinions, and we're all entitled to it, just like you, you really have to realize that what you're saying is extremely laughable lol.

I mean come on dude, a 4 door corvette??? LOL like just think about that for a second lol
Old 06-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

If anything is a 4 door vette it is a CTS-V

Get notified of new replies

To 4 Door vette...Any former or current Pontiac G8 owners?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:38 PM
CROC 6
Racer

lol not at all bent out of shape, just letting you know there are people out there laughing at those who call such cars "4 door vettes", that's all lol.

I moved up from that phase. My GTO was a great car. Never had a problem except for the infamous radiator failure. Other than that, very comfortable, "quick" for what it was, and just a nice car to drive anywhere. But it was a pig. Because it's heavy as hell, along with the G8 and it was meant to just go straight in a fast line.

That's why i said it is no where near a corvette. TO make a statement saying something is similar to another because of the engine, then what i said before about v8's could somewhat apply.

What about the TBSS? Is it a corvette SUV?? Not at all. What about a camaro? Are the LS3 models a weighed down version of a corvette? IF we're going to make up nicknames for cars, the list i can make would be endless.

It's fine if you call whatever car, whatever you want to call it but i just pointed out actual reality lol. Like when an ugly person is being told they're not ugly, just so they don't feel bad? I'm not that type of person. I tell it how it is. If you smell, i'll tell you. If you're fat, i'll tell you.

Regardless of opinions, and we're all entitled to it, just like you, you really have to realize that what you're saying is extremely laughable lol.

I mean come on dude, a 4 door corvette??? LOL like just think about that for a second lol
When the GXP was first released in 2009, MOTORTREND REVIEWED THE CAR, it was a positive review that compared it to the BMW M5, (if your curious...google it). The last paragraph of the review was this....."Pontiac's maximum strength G8 is a few details shy of legend, but that doesn't diminish its huge appeal and sophisticated, capable performance. The G8 GXP is a terrific, all-around sport sedan that runs with high-priced Germans. Its strong value message isn't a qualifier either, just a bonus. You could also think of the G8 GXP as a four-door Corvette of sorts. No matter, it is the best-performing, most well-balanced production Pontiac ever. That tells you all you need to know". If you never drove one............!

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz3eJ6kagEN
Old 06-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

When the GXP was first released in 2009, MOTORTREND REVIEWED THE CAR, it was a positive review that compared it to the BMW M5, (if your curious...google it). The last paragraph of the review was this....."Pontiac's maximum strength G8 is a few details shy of legend, but that doesn't diminish its huge appeal and sophisticated, capable performance. The G8 GXP is a terrific, all-around sport sedan that runs with high-priced Germans. Its strong value message isn't a qualifier either, just a bonus. You could also think of the G8 GXP as a four-door Corvette of sorts. No matter, it is the best-performing, most well-balanced production Pontiac ever. That tells you all you need to know". If you never drove one............!

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz3eJ6kagEN

lol those magazines mean nothing except some biased opinions by editors and some test drivers.

I mean wasn't it MT or C&D that listed a HONDA FIT in the top 10 list of "fastest" cars under 25k????

A HONDA FIT???????????

There goes their credibility. lol

You do realize those magazines will say anything that will draw consumer interest right? I mean if they labeled a car, "ferrari killer", you know damn well people are going to try to get that car so they can have a "ferrari killer" in their driveway lol.

Don't be soo gullible man. Like i said if you think a g8, GXP, GTO whatever is so and so corvette, that's fine. I was just telling you it is no where near it. That's MY opinion. If you think it is, that's YOUR opinion.

For the record, yes i did drive a G8. Not a GXP but i was going to get a G8 before my GTO. But i wanted a manual and there were no GXP's in my area at that time so i got the GTO.

I mean if you wanna get technical, it's a holden, which were in direct competition with the ford falcon and yes like you said, some european muscle in its performance category.

But i still fail to see how it's anywhere near a corvette besides the engine. You can't just group certain cars together because of the engine lol.

An rx7 isn't a 787B.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:04 PM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

funny thing is...the scion is the same car as the subaru brz...designed by toyota and subaru, manufactured by subaru...even the engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 Door vette...Any former or current Pontiac G8 owners?