Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Viper ACR Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
Here is my UPS truck clown shoe. If you think this sounds awful, then you might be a little sissy or something.

Viper TA - Rowing Gears w/ Exhaust - YouTube
I honestly don't think he has ever sat in a viper, felt the rumble of driving one, they are never quiet, where a vette not under full throttle cannot even be heard, they are so quiet .
Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
The ups truck comment was used by the butt hurt corvette owners in the late 90's, I was pretty butt hurt nack then getting smoked in my C5's, i was just barely over drinking age and couldn't afford a viper.

All one has to do is change the exhaust on the viper at it sounds great, as far a heritage? The viper is built in Detroit Which was once the meca of all cars built, you know the saying "Detroit Muscle"?, I've never heard the term St. Louis , or "Kentucky muscle" , carol Shelby was supposed to be involved with the project, but he died, the viper was designed to be the modern Shelby Cobra, which goes back to the 60's, tons of heritage there, so please spare people the "heritage crap"

Since you obviously don't know the "heritage" about the viper, and just post decade year old comments, you should know, that when the Viper was born, the was a big celebration dinner with all the big shots of all founders of cars with "heritage" one of those guests at the table was Zora himself.....
Soooo from all that nonsense you just wrote it was born in the 90s like I said...Yawn. I'll let you guys get back to the viper circle jerk. Who was at the table when they had to lower the msrp by over 15k to move them from collecting dust on the dealerships lots.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Soooo from all that nonsense you just wrote it was born in the 90s like I said...Yawn. I'll let you guys get back to the viper circle jerk. Who was at the table when they had to lower the msrp by over 15k to move them from collecting dust on the dealerships lots.
Corvettes have a loooooooong history of knocking large chunks off of MSRP. I have never paid full price for any of the 3 new Corvettes I have purchased. I got almost 12K off my 09 Z06 brand new. Thats signifigantly higher percentage compared to $15K off of a Viper.

Who cares anyway what does selling volume, discounts, resale value, MPG or perceived heritage have to do with how good a high performance sports car actually is?

Is the Mustang 3X better than the Corvette because it triples it's sales figures?

Old 07-22-2015, 08:35 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

NineBall I've defended you countless times on this forum when fanboys were crying foul on your video. I have no problems with vipers. As stated I like them same way I like other sports cars. Is it so crazy to think someone else may prefer something different to what you prefer ? If you can't grasp that and have to resort to lame name calling then I really feel sorry for you lol
Relax, I was kidding around. If "Sissy" offended you, then you should grow some thicker skin. I've been called much worse than that. You also missed that I referred to my car as a UPS truck Clown Shoe. Buy a sense of humor
Old 07-22-2015, 08:37 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

I bought my brand new '09 Z06 for 10K off. How about all those ZR1's that sold for $20K off? Maybe those 427 edition convertibles that went for $25K off?

The C7's (all trim levels) will eventually get discounted the same way. Not a big deal.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

You guys are the better of this forum. We all know how this forum has recently exploded with pathetic cry babies and whiners. Lets regroup now...
Old 07-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Here's my four word review:

Goes fast. Is awesome.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:08 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Whatever Sissy!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:24 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NineBall
Relax, I was kidding around. If "Sissy" offended you, then you should grow some thicker skin. I've been called much worse than that. You also missed that I referred to my car as a UPS truck Clown Shoe. Buy a sense of humor
I'm fine brother!! I like you and the snake I don't have money for a sense of humor, ECS has all my money lol

Last edited by thegame; 07-23-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:25 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Whatever Sissy!
Lol sammmmmmm!!! Where you been.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:11 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Lol sammmmmmm!!! Where you been.
Around, see your still causing havoc.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:37 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

No way I was insinuating you were born in the 90's, I was still in high school (class of 94) I was thinking more like 1950's
Old 07-24-2015, 01:39 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
No way I was insinuating you were born in the 90's, I was still in high school (class of 94) I was thinking more like 1950's
Lol **** I am getting old though. Class of 99. My nephew asked me the other day if michael jordan could dunk like lebron. I almost threw up.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Class of '09......

Old 07-24-2015, 01:42 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Corvettes have a loooooooong history of knocking large chunks off of MSRP. I have never paid full price for any of the 3 new Corvettes I have purchased. I got almost 12K off my 09 Z06 brand new. Thats signifigantly higher percentage compared to $15K off of a Viper.

Who cares anyway what does selling volume, discounts, resale value, MPG or perceived heritage have to do with how good a high performance sports car actually is?

Is the Mustang 3X better than the Corvette because it triples it's sales figures?

Everyone who has owned a vette knows they fall off a cliff when it comes to value, just like any mass produced car, brand loyal guys are really grasping at straws now.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:45 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Crabbers
Class of '09......

You damn whippersnapper!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Cant wait to see the new ACR, but im over here trying to find a 99 ACR for my first viper

Get notified of new replies

To Viper ACR Reviews

Old 07-25-2015, 12:45 PM
NW-99SS
Safety Car

Received 713 Likes on 370 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

This car is everything I wish GM would put into a C7 Z model:

Big N/A displacement and HP (and how can GM use emissions excuses when Dodge can continue with a much larger engine?).

Weight reduction focus - speakers, carpet, etc - I have a luxury SUV, when I buy a go-fast car, the only that matters to me is the performance and driving dynamic.

Manual trans only - just my preference won't expand on this touchy subject.

No EXCUSES.

And wow, that Blue with white stripe - yes please! Now I just may have to convince myself once and for all that the exhaust note is alright!
Dodge on what appears to be an amazing car for the road course enthusiast. Looking forward to actual performance data.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:04 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Well if the Hellcat beats a z what is this monster gonna do....

Old 07-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
This car is everything I wish GM would put into a C7 Z model:

Big N/A displacement and HP (and how can GM use emissions excuses when Dodge can continue with a much larger engine?).

Weight reduction focus - speakers, carpet, etc - I have a luxury SUV, when I buy a go-fast car, the only that matters to me is the performance and driving dynamic.

Manual trans only - just my preference won't expand on this touchy subject.

No EXCUSES.

And wow, that Blue with white stripe - yes please! Now I just may have to convince myself once and for all that the exhaust note is alright!
Dodge on what appears to be an amazing car for the road course enthusiast. Looking forward to actual performance data.

Also no stupid Targa Top with the associated weight gain, squeaking and popping that comes with it.

Quick Reply: Viper ACR Reviews