Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Will GM pony up a new Z07 to challenge VIPER ACR?

Old 08-03-2015, 03:16 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
This statement tells me that you are giving a review of a 20 year old viper, the viper ride has got much better , and the gen V rides like a new vette , just not as numb.
Nytmere, I see your new snake in the av. What do you think so far? Here in jacksonville there's a huge dodge dealer that has some vipers. I went and drooled over a few a while ago. The interior is great! I also couldn't get over how wide the damn rear wheels were. If you told me I was banned from vettes the viper would be the next obsession. I'm glad I get to say Dodge Viper again after all these years. Just sounds so much better than saying SRT.

Last edited by 1985 Corvette; 08-03-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:52 PM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by sam90lx
68ragtop69, here are a few L88's I have been around at the Barrett Jackson auctions. Have a couple of more somewhere. Not sure if the #57 is an L88 car....wheels are late model they appear. I cant remember the details on it.

Great pics sam90lx, thanks! The #57 is an L88; here are some details:

1972 was the Rebel Corvette’s best year of its career. At Daytona, the team drove to a 1st in GT and 8th Overall. The team kept their momentum going as they raced the 12 Hours of Sebring. Marietta Bob Johnson drove the Rebel Corvette under the checkered flag at the 12 hour mark. The Rebel Corvette was a three year old Corvette that claimed 1st in GT and 4th overall finishing position behind three prototype Ferraris.

The Rebel L88 Corvette is a very special Corvette which was the only third generation factory built L88 Corvette to win back to back Daytona and Sebring GT wins in the same calendar year. The 4th Overall finishing position for the Rebel Corvette at the 1972 12 Hours of Sebring is a record that still stands today for a factory produced Corvette. These victories were accomplished by non-professional drivers and without major sponsorship.

Jan 2014, it was sold at Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction for a new record price for a racing Corvette of $2.86 Million dollars! That's 2.86 million reasons why I don't have a real one in my garage!! lol

On a side note: The 63' Twin Turbo Vette use to be a local Maryland car owned by Rod Saboury. I use to see around here at local events all the time. I didn't realize that he sold it.

Last edited by 68ragtop69; 08-03-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:09 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Wow, did not know the 63 was Mr. Saboury's, he has built some Crazy Bad *** Vettes over the years!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Nytmere, I see your new snake in the av. What do you think so far? Here in jacksonville there's a huge dodge dealer that has some vipers. I went and drooled over a few a while ago. The interior is great! I also couldn't get over how wide the damn rear wheels were. If you told me I was banned from vettes the viper would be the next obsession. I'm glad I get to say Dodge Viper again after all these years. Just sounds so much better than saying SRT.
Unfortunately that picture is the car in the dealership, , reliable shippers hasn't been so reliable, dealer communication wasn't that great either, the car is on a truck still out west picking up others car(as I was told today)

ive had good seat time in the base and GTS vipers, but haven't driven a TA yet, from what I've been told by other TA owners is that street setting on the TA is very close to GTS street setting, I want to feel race setting, the better brakes and what I'm really frothing at the mouth to do is learn my car, I know all the shift points, but every car is different, no two cars are the same.

I'll give a full review when I get the car(my guess is sometime next week) with pictures etc...
Old 08-04-2015, 10:00 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Here's 2 more 68ragtop69,

Old 08-17-2015, 02:36 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERVENOM650R
and GM with all the free money from us taxpayers apparently cannot.
Well...at least we know you're not in finance...

Viper is a halo with a much more niche buyer pool. Viper is funded more than it is profitable, versus Corvette which is has to make GM money. I'd love to see an ACR competitor, but I doubt we'll see it. Only way is if a Pratt/Miller RPO option comes about (which I don't know why they haven't looked at).

On your taxpayer free money well....that's just absurd on so many levels. Keep watchin NBC or Fox I guess...whoever your propaganda machine of choice is...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will GM pony up a new Z07 to challenge VIPER ACR?