Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New to the stable

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 02:47 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Default New to the stable

Okay, not a vette but technically my vette is in the photo.

2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
485 HP 6.4L SRT Hemi
Brembo 6 piston brakes
Slotted oversized rotors
Blisten High Performance Suspension
20" x 9" Matte Black Lightweight Forged Aluminum Wheels
6 Speed TREMEC Transmission
Black Suede / Nappa Logo'd Seats
Sublime Green Pearl Coat Paint

Was looking at both the Hellcat and the R/T Scat Pack but I went with the Scat Pack due to it being my all time favorite color and half the price of the Hellcat for pretty much the same options minus the super charger.

Pics:

Last edited by IDSRVIT; 07-19-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:35 PM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Great looking car. How many of those can you drive at once? Actually, I'm a bit envious.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I saw to green Hellcats today down at the street machine nationals.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Is that the same set-up they had on Fast & Loud??
Nice, I likey and you'll get better treatment for this forum than I did on the Challenger forum, at least from a couple of guys who were real A-holes a few weeks ago.
Car looks SWEET!!!
NSF
Old 07-19-2015, 08:15 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

what size is your garage? The 3rd bay that is wide enough to fit a lift and still be able to open the long doors of a car like the challenger leads me to believe it isn't the typical 34' wide garage...

Is it like 40 wide x 30 deep?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:26 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Reminds me of the Super Bee back in the '60s. Friend of mine in college had one just about the same color. And it was fast!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:47 PM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

sweet! how do ya like it?
Old 07-20-2015, 06:38 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by clearwaterms
what size is your garage? The 3rd bay that is wide enough to fit a lift and still be able to open the long doors of a car like the challenger leads me to believe it isn't the typical 34' wide garage...

Is it like 40 wide x 30 deep?
Yup....30 deep, 42 wide. When we have severe weather, I can actually squeeze 6 vehicles into the garage with going 4 wide (2 on the lift) and one perpendicular in front of the lift.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:45 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by SLO VETTE
sweet! how do ya like it?
I like it a lot. I've nick named it the beast because it's got a lot of HP & torque and it can get away from you much quicker than the vette. The 6 speed shifts super easy and the brake are amazing.

In a straight up 1/4 mile race I think the vette being 1000 lbs lighter (Challenger is 4200 pounds curb weight) would take it but in a longer runs once the challenger winds up I think it would win.

Best way to describe the difference is the vette is smooth and silky, the challenger is kind of raw & bulky.

Love them both though.

I thought I got a lot of comments in the vette but the Sublime Green is just an eye catcher.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:46 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Reminds me of the Super Bee back in the '60s. Friend of mine in college had one just about the same color. And it was fast!
Yup..... next on the list of toys to find is the 71 Challenger in the green. I think Dodge by far has done the best resto look from old to new.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:51 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Is that the same set-up they had on Fast & Loud??
Nice, I likey and you'll get better treatment for this forum than I did on the Challenger forum, at least from a couple of guys who were real A-holes a few weeks ago.
Car looks SWEET!!!
NSF
Same mechanical set up but the car in Fast & Loud 7 is the R/T Scat Pack with shaker hood.

I actually got a ton of s**t on the challenger forum introducing myself yesterday with just a photo of the Challenger nothing else. Bunch of Yahoos trying to one up each other. The Corvette forum is by far the best one out there and I can say that since I'm on a bunch due to all the various brands we have (Chevy, Ford, Dodge)

Last edited by IDSRVIT; 07-20-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:52 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Torchsport
I saw to green Hellcats today down at the street machine nationals.
The Sublime Green with the Pearl Coat is stunning in the sunlight.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:52 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by airmed2
Great looking car. How many of those can you drive at once? Actually, I'm a bit envious.
Thanks airmed2
Old 07-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by IDSRVIT
Same mechanical set up but the car in Fast & Loud 7 is the R/T Scat Pack with shaker hood.

I actually got a ton of s**t on the challenger forum introducing myself yesterday with just a photo of the Challenger nothing else. Bunch of Yahoos trying to one up each other. The Corvette forum is by far the best one out there and I can say that since I'm on a bunch due to all the various brands we have (Chevy, Ford, Dodge)
I agree with the "yahoo" term completely, but on the other hand some of the members were nice enough to apologize for the comments made about me and my car. Shame people are so brand conscious that they cant accept any other than their choice. I like all cool rides, almost bought a SRT Hemi right before the Vette came along but that's life eh.
Your car is Sweet.
I cant fit 6 cars but maybe 5 lol, touché

Old 07-20-2015, 01:58 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

I agree with the "yahoo" term completely, but on the other hand some of the members were nice enough to apologize for the comments made about me and my car. Shame people are so brand conscious that they cant accept any other than their choice. I like all cool rides, almost bought a SRT Hemi right before the Vette came along but that's life eh.
Your car is Sweet.

Awesome garage
Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Very nice. I also have a '15 Scat pack as my daily driver. I'm pleasantly surprised that I've been averaging 20 MPG per tank so far on my daily commute.

Only problem I've had with mine, after almost 5,000 miles, is the lifters had to be replaced at 3,500 miles. Out of nowhere, one morning it developed the "hemi tick" times 10. Turns out, one of the lifters collapsed. Service manager thinks when the car went into 4 cylinder mode, it got air trapped in it and wouldn't re-activate when it went back to full engine power.

Other than that, it's been a great daily driver. I did the Hellcat airbox mod on mine so far, but honestly don't know that it's really worth it. Intake air temps are still about 4 or 5 degrees above ambient...the same they were with the stock airbox. Still a cool conversation piece when people see the open headlight.

I do like all the cool little nannies to mess with on the UConnect. Good luck with yours.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crushinator
Very nice. I also have a '15 Scat pack as my daily driver. I'm pleasantly surprised that I've been averaging 20 MPG per tank so far on my daily commute.

Only problem I've had with mine, after almost 5,000 miles, is the lifters had to be replaced at 3,500 miles. Out of nowhere, one morning it developed the "hemi tick" times 10. Turns out, one of the lifters collapsed. Service manager thinks when the car went into 4 cylinder mode, it got air trapped in it and wouldn't re-activate when it went back to full engine power.

Other than that, it's been a great daily driver. I did the Hellcat airbox mod on mine so far, but honestly don't know that it's really worth it. Intake air temps are still about 4 or 5 degrees above ambient...the same they were with the stock airbox. Still a cool conversation piece when people see the open headlight.

I do like all the cool little nannies to mess with on the UConnect. Good luck with yours.
What color is your's? Any pics?

I'll keep an ear our for the lifters....so far so good but Thanks for the heads up.

20 mpg is pretty darn good for a 6.4L @ 4200+ lbs.

UConnect is pretty cool, I agree, although I haven't had a lot of time to play with mine yet. Mine is more of a toy than a DD but as smooth as it is I agree it would make a very comfortable DD. The vette kind of hugs you but the challenger you kind of nicely sink in.

Get notified of new replies

To New to the stable

Old 07-21-2015, 03:07 PM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would drive that.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:55 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Your car is Sweet.

Where's the lift?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by IDSRVIT
What color is your's? Any pics?

I'll keep an ear our for the lifters....so far so good but Thanks for the heads up.

20 mpg is pretty darn good for a 6.4L @ 4200+ lbs.

UConnect is pretty cool, I agree, although I haven't had a lot of time to play with mine yet. Mine is more of a toy than a DD but as smooth as it is I agree it would make a very comfortable DD. The vette kind of hugs you but the challenger you kind of nicely sink in.
Mine is pitch black. Black is definitely not my first choice for a daily driver, but it looks good when it's clean. Which is about Sundays only.

Quick Reply: New to the stable