Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Dodge Challenger Hellcat X Has 805 HP, Makes Normal Hellcat Seem Lame

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger Hellcat X Has 805 HP, Makes Normal Hellcat Seem Lame

You there, with your fancy, milquetoast 707-horsepower Dodge Challenger Hellcat. You’ve got a weak car. A car that can best be described as “lukewarm.” Maybe it’s even a bit slow. That’s because there is a new, better car out there now. It’s the Dodge Hellcat X, and it’s an 805-horsepower pile of triplecharged delirious gibberish.

Yeah, tripledcharged. Some nut at Walsh Motorsports looked at the supercharged Hellcat, and decided it wasn’t good enough, so they added twin turbochargers as well. And an “X.”

This thing drives great, I’m sure.

And because no insanity machine is right and proper without an insane price, you’ll probably be pleased to learn that it can all be yours, PLUS a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T with the 440 Magnum V-8 engine and a bunch of other go-fast goodies for the eye-watering price of...

$3.

Yes, only three dollars. Of course, you’ll still have to pay $40,000 in taxes on the two cars, but that’s because the three dollar price covers one ticket, in a raffle for the Dream Giveaway charity organization. Proceeds from the drawings benefit New Beginning Children’s Homes, which “provides 24 hour residential care to children who have been victims of family violence, neglect, and or physical abuse,” according to the charity’s website.

The Hellcat X is named after the XF6F Hellcat, the twincharged prototype for the original fighter that dominated the skies over the Pacific in World War II.

Dream Giveaway says that the 805-horsepower, 800 pound-feet of torque Hellcat X will be faster than a regular Hellcat, they just haven’t been able to test it out yet.

They do not say, however, if that’s because they haven’t been able to find anyone brave enough to test it out yet.

http://jalopnik.com/dodge-challenger...hel-1719124097
Old 07-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Leonie
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How cool!

We have a car here, that already totally overwhelms its TWO 275 tires that desperately try to connect the torque to the ground, and instead of engineering some clever solutions for this issue, we give it even more power.

Intelligent engineering - the american way.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:07 PM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by Leonie
How cool!

We have a car here, that already totally overwhelms its TWO 275 tires that desperately try to connect the torque to the ground, and instead of engineering some clever solutions for this issue, we give it even more power.

This is
Old 07-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonie
How cool!

That was my first thought. They made the world's best tire shredding machine! AstroTurf fields everywhere are rejoicing
Old 07-28-2015, 11:36 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder if you gentlemen think the same way about an 805HP Corvette...just wondering!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vigalante
Wonder if you gentlemen think the same way about an 805HP Corvette...just wondering!
Didn't you hear? The A8 in the Z06 adds 155 hp for a total of 805. At least that's what everyone tells me.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:19 PM
ZR JUAN
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Crabbers, didn't Dodge factory roll the rear fenders in the Challenger Hellcat to allow wider rear tires? I recall hearing that somewhere.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cam02ss
Hey Crabbers, didn't Dodge factory roll the rear fenders in the Challenger Hellcat to allow wider rear tires? I recall hearing that somewhere.
If I recall correctly (big if), 305s seem to be the tire of choice among owners with an otherwise stock car. Of course I don't get into the aftermarket stuff here, so my knowledge is somewhat limited on exactly how big you can go.

The reasoning is stupid, but makes sense from a business standpoint. The silly small stock tires are to get around gas guzzler taxes. Otherwise we would be putting on larger, more expensive tires AND incurring a larger GG tax. So instead of passing that on to the customer, we just fit small tires and if they want to get larger ones in the aftermarket then they can. That way they don't have to pay for the GG tax either, so it makes business sense even if it doesn't make engineering sense.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Tranceport913
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should of made it a wide body to fit the massive tires it will need to put the power down unless you just want to have a smoke machine.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 PM
ZR JUAN
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crabbers
If I recall correctly (big if), 305s seem to be the tire of choice among owners with an otherwise stock car. Of course I don't get into the aftermarket stuff here, so my knowledge is somewhat limited on exactly how big you can go.

The reasoning is stupid, but makes sense from a business standpoint. The silly small stock tires are to get around gas guzzler taxes. Otherwise we would be putting on larger, more expensive tires AND incurring a larger GG tax. So instead of passing that on to the customer, we just fit small tires and if they want to get larger ones in the aftermarket then they can. That way they don't have to pay for the GG tax either, so it makes business sense even if it doesn't make engineering sense.
That makes sense, I figured there was a reason behind it.

Get notified of new replies

To Dodge Challenger Hellcat X Has 805 HP, Makes Normal Hellcat Seem Lame

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger Hellcat X Has 805 HP, Makes Normal Hellcat Seem Lame