Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Dodge President/CEO Mocks Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 03:26 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Sorry I am late to the pi$$ing contest, had a hectic day. Gonna try to make up for it on this one post so I am all caught up.

Originally Posted by Steve Snake Driver
Who knew the president of Fiat America posted here as Sam90LX or Hirohiowatha. Guess things are slow at Fiat.
Originally Posted by GP1224
Too funny!! Lol
Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
The wambulance has arrived with the head crybaby driving, the GM Intern following in his BMW and the guy in denial about having a bad factory paint job is on a stretcher in back to have his eyes checked.

Now let's see the people generally on my side during these "discussions".

Originally Posted by sam90lx
And "50 Shades of Gray" chimes in! Get that paint job corrected yet?

Originally Posted by harlold
Man, you are arguing with a guy that only seems to talk about how great MPG he gets, about performance. He is a bench racer to the definition.

Good one Waxer, you on GM's payroll too?
Are interns technically on a payroll?

Originally Posted by Crabbers
You are just an angry, angry human being Do you REALLY need to validate your existence by (falsly) proclaiming your superiority in cars? That's just sad

Originally Posted by NineBall
Arguing sales numbers and inventory stock numbers is....ignorant. Neither presents a case for anything, and either party can bend the numbers to justify some other ignorant point.

I don't buy my cars because of other people, or what other people buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same way. In fact, it would drive me nuts if all of the neighbors on my street all rolled up in identical cars. Corvette owners might not understand that, however.
Originally Posted by Boba Fett
good post

the old sales argument...pathetic

Yup all Corvette/Viper High Performance owners that not only talk the talk but walk the walk. No straw man - no MPG - no sales figures - just performance.

Funny the Viper ACR went even more hardcore, and the C7 Z06 didn't - it got heavy and added a ton of features not beneficial to a TRACK CAPABLE variant of a Hi-Po car.

Also since it is the ultimate Straw Man tactic with sales figures somehow equating a better car or even more laughable - a better performing sports car - here's my rebuttal:

Today Chrysler announced it is doubling Hellcat production numbers for 2016 which is it's 2nd year of production. Doubling both The Challenger Hellcat and the Charger Hellcat.

Is the C7 Z06 doubling it's production for year two?

Also best selling Corvette ever is 1979 with an anemic 185hp "engine" and the build quality of a third world factory without electricity - Best Corvette ever? Sales number of 57,000 indicate yes.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 07-28-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Zerski
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
Do you think the rumors are true for Viper's demise in 2017? I'm torn about it. On one hand I want it to die so the Gen V value sky rockets..
I think the rumors are BS but even if they were true, the Gen V's value is not (never) going to "sky rocket" lol
Old 07-29-2015, 05:07 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by White Out
C7Z is the best value for money. Go buy one, get it to overheat ASAP, take car in for issue. Then drive it for a year and get it to overheat at least 4 times (and take it in each time). When GM inevitably cannot repair the issue, Lemon Law it. Free car for a year. Viper can't touch that.
I lost all faith in GM when they ignored (still continue to) the LS7 valve issue, yes they recognized it, but didn't do anything about it.
They will not do anything about the C7Z overheating issues either, it is my belief that the cooling issue and limp mode was done on purpose, as a direct result of not wanting to go through any Of the LS7 problems.

And I can bet that they will void warrantys on cooling upgrades people are doing, people need to wake up and smell the coffee ....well actually GM was counting on all the waxer car and coffee guys, these are the guys who won't have overheating problems, on "The Most Track Capable Vette Ever"
...... Until the next vette , until then the ZR1 is still the king of performance vettes
Old 08-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I lost all faith in GM when they ignored (still continue to) the LS7 valve issue, yes they recognized it, but didn't do anything about it.
They will not do anything about the C7Z overheating issues either, it is my belief that the cooling issue and limp mode was done on purpose, as a direct result of not wanting to go through any Of the LS7 problems.

And I can bet that they will void warrantys on cooling upgrades people are doing, people need to wake up and smell the coffee ....well actually GM was counting on all the waxer car and coffee guys, these are the guys who won't have overheating problems, on "The Most Track Capable Vette Ever"
...... Until the next vette , until then the ZR1 is still the king of performance vettes

The LS7 valve issues has not affected me but it bothers me that there is no definitive official answer as to what is causing this.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:27 PM
bothred
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have always favored the Corvette over the Viper, one reason being is that I think a super car should also have the right exhaust sound. To me, the Viper sounds like an old Chevy straight 6 but at higher rpm. But then, I like to drive my '58 with the headers open sometimes. With electric openers, it only takes 4 seconds to open and close. And, my c6 always has the npp open.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:53 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa

The LS7 valve issues has not affected me but it bothers me that there is no definitive official answer as to what is causing this.
What year is yours and how many miles? Any plans to address the heads as a precaution?
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bothred
I have always favored the Corvette over the Viper, one reason being is that I think a super car should also have the right exhaust sound. To me, the Viper sounds like an old Chevy straight 6 but at higher rpm. But then, I like to drive my '58 with the headers open sometimes. With electric openers, it only takes 4 seconds to open and close. And, my c6 always has the npp open.
I would agree with you on the Gen 1-2 Vipers, but not the Gen 3, and certainly not the Gen 4-5. The newest cars sound the best, much deeper tone and more exotic. Chevy V8 always sounds good, though.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:59 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

I would agree with you on the Gen 1-2 Vipers, but not the Gen 3, and certainly not the Gen 4-5. The newest cars sound the best, much deeper tone and more exotic. Chevy V8 always sounds good, though.
I'll go one farther, the best sounding cars IMO are any V8 Ford Mustang , going back to the original fox body 5.0.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

I'll go one farther, the best sounding cars IMO are any V8 Ford Mustang , going back to the original fox body 5.0.
Pshhhhhhh......

Old 08-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa

Could not agree more. Ive owned 3 Z's, two of them C6's, and still think they rank among the top as far as cars out there. Thankfully I've nothing but good miles in all my vettes....but GM (when it comes to cust svc) is a huge let down. This along with when my buddy's 2011 ZR1 burned to a crisp for unknown reasons while driving, GM pretty much gave him the finger. My friend, a lifelong corvette owner sworn to the GM rep, he'd never buy another GM product again. The guy couldn't really give two chyts. Way to go GM...
agree, my Terminator sounds better than all vipers/vettes..
Old 08-03-2015, 02:03 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

I love the sound of V8 Mustangs, agreed since the 5.0 days. It is an easily identifiable sound now. But, regrettably, that sound has typically been associated with slow-as-hell, so I tend to disregard it now. All bark, not enough bite.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

I love the sound of V8 Mustangs, agreed since the 5.0 days. It is an easily identifiable sound now. But, regrettably, that sound has typically been associated with slow-as-hell, so I tend to disregard it now. All bark, not enough bite.
So true , I found a 92 calypso green Lx 5 speed around 5 years ago for 3k, no rust anywhere.... I was astonished, had flowmasters(those didn't even have rust , I bought it ... Was so excited..., half way home I already was thinking built 408, procharger etc...., the whole car was in pieces within a week.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:36 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Could not agree more. Ive owned 3 Z's, two of them C6's, and still think they rank among the top as far as cars out there. Thankfully I've nothing but good miles in all my vettes....but GM (when it comes to cust svc) is a huge let down. This along with when my buddy's 2011 ZR1 burned to a crisp for unknown reasons while driving, GM pretty much gave him the finger. My friend, a lifelong corvette owner sworn to the GM rep, he'd never buy another GM product again. The guy couldn't really give two chyts. Way to go GM...

agree, my Terminator sounds better than all vipers/vettes..

I agree also Boba the best sounding car I've ever had was my 04 Termi

sorry now that I got rid of it.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:19 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by svtkeith
I agree also Boba the best sounding car I've ever had was my 04 Termi

sorry now that I got rid of it.
Exhaust note is the best hands down, mine had a Steeda cat back when I bought so not sure how it sounded stock.

My Z06 has a pretty badass sound I found out recently after running it up and getting out of it. Sounded Nasty and Pissed.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:39 AM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JBZ
I have an acr and the new zo7 and would agree that the the acr is the best street legal track car but its a horrible street car. my z has never had issues but ive broken mine in and it now has 4k miles on it. I do have to say that straight line stability is questionable on my z. maybe its the parachute on the rear deck
Did I mention I am up for adoption, DAD!
Old 08-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

What year is yours and how many miles? Any plans to address the heads as a precaution?
Mine is an 09 that I got new that now has just over 30K miles. The only thing I have done as a precaution is extend my factory warranty. So far no problems and I am not 100% sure what the "fix" is, so I am staying stock and if it blows GM will have to deal with it.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by White Out
I have to totally agree. Mustang noise does absolutely nothing for me.
Ya, I'd personally put the V8 sound pretty low on my list. Prefer V12, V10, Wankle engine sounds.

Low RPM American V8's remind me of all the greasers driving Mustangs and Camaro's when I was growing up.

Last edited by Callsign_Vega; 08-05-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dodge President/CEO Mocks Z06

Old 08-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

That V10 in the LFA is one great sounding piece of work too

But to the original article, nowhere does it mention GM or the Corvette. Obviously the GM and Corvette people are sensitive to an issue that is very real, otherwise they wouldn't have jumped to the connection between the comments and their car.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:27 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Crabbers
That V10 in the LFA is one great sounding piece of work too

But to the original article, nowhere does it mention GM or the Corvette. Obviously the GM and Corvette people are sensitive to an issue that is very real, otherwise they wouldn't have jumped to the connection between the comments and their car.
Corvette people are always super sensitive when it comes to the Viper, before I became a viper owner I was sensitive, only because I got sick of getting my Azz kicked by vipers, 2006 and 2010 were the only years corvette finally beat viper but that was very short lived ( we are talking months)
Viper has dominated corvette since 1992, and will stay on top of corvette as long as it exists, the brand loyal know this(but won't admidt it) it's just fact.

Thus we see the diehards who have never sat in any year viper who are giving reviews on the gen 2 viper, grasping at decade year old straws, it's all they can do, the gen 5 viper ride is very comparable to my 2010 ZR1, is a drivers race in a straight, my model(TA) handles better on inferior tires, interior and gadgets are much better then the C7Z, with the exception of interior, the old ZR1 is superior to the C7Z, and to be honest , when I sit in my brothers C7Z and cousins C7 Z51, it really is just a modern version of the C4 interior, obviously light years ahead in ride etc...

And like all of the newer corvettes for C5- now, when you are in a performance model just driving normal, you forget which car you are in.

I really hate what they did to the C7, IMO the only part of the car that looks good is the front, the whole rest of the car visually (for me) just looks ,slapped together, the plastic spats on the car are ridiculous then we get to the heating problems.... IMO Chevy did this on purpose to protect engine failures, they screwed allot of people(and continue to do so)with blown LS7's, and The LS9's have had valve issues as well.

And once again people will get no answers, just like no times, etc.. Sorry but tadge just comes off as your typical politician, GM will not get my money as long as these people run the corvette program.

Compare Guiles with tadge, he is a real car guy, races the brand.
When SRT sent a broken preproduction car to motortrend and it got beat by the ZR1, he got so PO'D he immediately made the Viper TA, and on the same tires , not only beat ZR1, but set a record, still holding its cards, SRT now unleashes the Viper ACR, the C7Z can't outdo a C6 ZR1, and a ZR1 can't out go a Viper TA..... The ACR isn't a car designed to go after a C7Z, it's little brother the TA does that, it's going after the über cars, corvette in any form is a mass produced sports car, and will always be a step down from Viper, after a decade, people still don't want to admidt it, all they can do is bash, or go out a buy a viper, it's what I did and I'll never look back.

a base model is only 85k, it is allot of car for 85k and IMO a much better buy dollar for dollar than the corvette.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Agreed with commentary above, except for the C7 interior. It certainly is a step up from the C6 interior, which was barely nicer than a 4th gen f-body. I hated those flimsy seats in both of my C6's. The radio area in the C6, and the cheesy plastic console lid, it just felt low rent. C7 interior is a little more gimmicky and modern, but the design looks better. The new Viper interior is MUCH better than both, in every aspect, except being more cramped and small inside.

Quick Reply: Dodge President/CEO Mocks Z06