Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

ACR on order!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 10:01 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

For you studs who like to bait each other, how about you post your times at various tracks to see whether you are extracting the potential of your car before you get too worked up over how fast the car is.

Last edited by kverges; 11-12-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:41 PM
mfain
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by kverges
For you studs who like to bait each other, how about you post your times at various tracks to see whether you are extracting the potential of your car before you get too worked up over how fast the car is.
What are you talking about? This is a civil thread in the "other cars" section by current and past Corvette owners who are talking about ordering Vipers for various reasons. Most have not even received ordered cars, so there is no bragging about how fast the cars are --- yet. All of the real bragging is being done by the media that is testing the cars. If you are looking to start a "virtual" fight, go to the C7 Z06 section -- there are lots of characters willing to argue about the merits (or lack there of) of cars they may not, and may never own.

Pappy
Old 11-13-2015, 12:28 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

ha??? who is baiting here other than you...?
Old 11-13-2015, 01:09 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by mfain
If you are looking to start a "virtual" fight, go to the C7 Z06 section -- there are lots of characters willing to argue about the merits (or lack there of) of cars they may not, and may never own.

Pappy
That's the truth. I don't understand why some people call you guys "Viper trolls" for sharing an opinion. Honestly, you guys are pretty chill people.

Congrats on the ACR mfain!
Old 11-13-2015, 03:13 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by four0nefive
That's the truth. I don't understand why some people call you guys "Viper trolls" for sharing an opinion. Honestly, you guys are pretty chill people.

Funny cause LOTS of Viper owners owned Vettes 1st...esp on this forum

I can tell you why, at least for me. I am guilty of "funning" those (from time to time) who are "sensitive/apologist/fanboi/easy to get a rise out of". Combine that with being a Viper owner and you have "Viper troll". This is in particular to the C7Z ultra sensitive fanbois. This is funny being as though Ive had several vettes and the ACR will be only my 2nd Viper. In fact I just picked up my 3rd Gen 6 Z06 (there is a thread on it). I started lurking this forum in 05 when I got my 1st vette, didn't join till 11. I cant ever recall such fanboisim and sensitivity with Vettes like when the C7Z got in their owners hands. Look how it explodes over there when a comparo is not only done with vipers and what have you, but even other vettes such as the ZR1 of course. It goes down hill in a hurry and is written off quickly if it doesn't favor the Z06....Some don't even want you talk/post if you don't own 1....What kinda lil girl chyt is that?!?! This is a forum meant to discuss all aspects-facts, statistics, speculation Etc.... even if some1 comes in with a wise *** comment or joke, dudes start tripping and whining about dissing the car, the discussion should be able to continue as I believe we are all grown men here (although Im seriously beginning to doubt this).
Old 11-13-2015, 07:59 AM
mfain
Drifting

Thank you. I am keeping my low mileage 2011 C6Z/Z07, my '62, and my long-term track car project '56 - really like my Corvettes! Like Boba, this is just my second new Viper, but I have owned 23 Corvettes over the past 50 years. With the ACR I just wanted one more shot at raw American muscle before the age of computers turns cars into a video game. I still like to shift, don't mind a stiff ride, and I'm not the least bit concerned about having to crawl under the car to remove a splitter extension now and then, or manually adjust my own shocks - in fact I'm looking forward to it.

Take care

Pappy

Last edited by mfain; 11-13-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:35 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Funny cause LOTS of Viper owners owned Vettes 1st...esp on this forum

I can tell you why, at least for me. I am guilty of "funning" those (from time to time) who are "sensitive/apologist/fanboi/easy to get a rise out of". Combine that with being a Viper owner and you have "Viper troll". This is in particular to the C7Z ultra sensitive fanbois. This is funny being as though Ive had several vettes and the ACR will be only my 2nd Viper. In fact I just picked up my 3rd Gen 6 Z06 (there is a thread on it). I started lurking this forum in 05 when I got my 1st vette, didn't join till 11. I cant ever recall such fanboisim and sensitivity with Vettes like when the C7Z got in their owners hands. Look how it explodes over there when a comparo is not only done with vipers and what have you, but even other vettes such as the ZR1 of course. It goes down hill in a hurry and is written off quickly if it doesn't favor the Z06....Some don't even want you talk/post if you don't own 1....What kinda lil girl chyt is that?!?! This is a forum meant to discuss all aspects-facts, statistics, speculation Etc.... even if some1 comes in with a wise *** comment or joke, dudes start tripping and whining about dissing the car, the discussion should be able to continue as I believe we are all grown men here (although Im seriously beginning to doubt this).

Well said and true Boba!!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:07 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Hey Pap.

Congrats to you. Wait is gonna be harder on you for sure. Im in framing status with VIN ending in 261. That's it for now. No ETA or anything like that.

Who are you getting it from?
Does framing status mean the actual frame itself is being put together? Or "framing" your build by compiling all the parts specific to your build sheet specs? Sorry if silly question. You know, speaking of some being sensitive, please don't post any youtube vids of an ACR in full aero packaging beating a stage 1 C7 Z in a roll race......the C7 section will implode.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by svtkeith
Well said and true Boba!!

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Does framing status mean the actual frame itself is being put together? Or "framing" your build by compiling all the parts specific to your build sheet specs? Sorry if silly question. You know, speaking of some being sensitive, please don't post any youtube vids of an ACR in full aero packaging beating a stage 1 C7 Z in a roll race......the C7 section will implode.
I wish I knew......

race would be discredited some how...u can count on that...
Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

I used to be able to tolerate the fanboys, in fact some of my early posts when I joined in May are probably a bit "fanboyish". Now it's completely annoying and gives me a headache to read their posts. I find it amazing that they can't accept that something is faster in a straight line or around the track.

The Z06 is a great car and the C7 just like every generation of the Corvette is amazing. I can say the same for the Viper and many other cars as well. Right now is probably one of the best times to be a car enthusiast. I mean we have a street legal race car (ACR), a car that is great around a track and can be as great of a daily driver as a Malibu (Z06), Mustangs and Camaros that will give exotics a run for their money, and hyper car war going on (although to play in that league you might need a lot more $ ).
Old 11-13-2015, 11:42 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know how my post on lap times landed here. I intended to taunt the children fighting over lap times. I too have an ACR on order.

Last edited by kverges; 11-13-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:26 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I used to be able to tolerate the fanboys, in fact some of my early posts when I joined in May are probably a bit "fanboyish". Now it's completely annoying and gives me a headache to read their posts. I find it amazing that they can't accept that something is faster in a straight line or around the track.

The Z06 is a great car and the C7 just like every generation of the Corvette is amazing. I can say the same for the Viper and many other cars as well. Right now is probably one of the best times to be a car enthusiast. I mean we have a street legal race car (ACR), a car that is great around a track and can be as great of a daily driver as a Malibu (Z06), Mustangs and Camaros that will give exotics a run for their money, and hyper car war going on (although to play in that league you might need a lot more $ ).
props for keeping it real
I don't know how my post on lap times landed here. I intended to taunt the children fighting over lap times. I too have an ACR on order.
I was thinking some how this might be the case...
Old 11-17-2015, 06:25 PM
mfain
Drifting

Hey Pap.

Congrats to you. Wait is gonna be harder on you for sure. Im in framing status with VIN ending in 261. That's it for now. No ETA or anything like that.

Who are you getting it from?
Just got my VIN ending in 367. They say the order is in "B" status, whatever that is.

Pappy
Old 11-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Lol I didn't know all that status stuff either...I think I have somewhat of an understanding now

BX-car to be built for dealer with allocation
D-D1-VIN assigned
E-framing
G-trim
I-final inspection
J-JS-storage
KZ-ready to ship

Was advised Im in G as of right now. I still really don't understand because my I ordered mine 3 days before my friends ordered his and he took his home today. Both extremes.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:03 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

When I ordered my '13, I remember the G phase moving very quickly beyond that point. They only build 6-8 cars per day, so most of those end phases occur on the same day. Unless something fails final inspection, so they pull it off to the side of the assembly line into a special area and replace/fix what the issue is. If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend going on a plant tour before they close!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Tony. I actually did the tour last year at NVE 1.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:51 PM
mfain
Drifting

Boba,

Any word on your delivery date? Mine still shows D1 status, but has a projected delivery date of Jan 22nd. There is a Mojave Magnum Mile event in March that I would like to make. I want to run the mile/1.5 mile in a max downforce configuration and then remove the splitter and trim the wing to see the difference in top speed.

Pappy

Get notified of new replies

To ACR on order!!

Old 12-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

BX-car to be built for dealer with allocation
D-D1-VIN assigned
E-framing
G-trim
I-final inspection
J-JS-storage
KZ-ready to ship

that's where Im at
Old 12-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Looking forward to seeing photos when you get it.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Les
Looking forward to seeing photos when you get it.
For sure

Quick Reply: ACR on order!!