Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 02:51 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
Woo hoo!!! So awesome !!!!!

NOT

Wake me up when Viper becomes a compelling purchase.

I can't imagine most Z06 owners (or potential owners) would make any kind of purchase decision based on one obscure factoid.

Maybe all the Viper negatives would sway someone however. (Higher price, ugly car, rough ride, noisy interior, inefficient on fuel, lower cornering grip, hot side exhaust, and cramped cabin, to name a few.)
All that plus Too ugly to seen in! On the street too over the top.

Then the Supercharged C7 picks up 50 rwhp from just an intake.
The Viper still has the same 10 cly design where GM has had many engines over the same time.

The GM 6.2 is much better!
Old 09-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Old 09-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
^^^^^Seriously - does anyone know what language this is?

The Viper still has the same 10 cly design where GM has had many engines over the same time.

Another Jealous troll that can't afford a Viper.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:16 PM
beamg5
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
So much unfounded Viper hatred here.. Sigh.

Yes Edward, I noticed that too. Then, of course, that Viper is a real POS [NOT]

Gary
Old 09-15-2015, 08:46 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

wow - moved !! what a shocker!! I'm really spending less and less time on this forum

Joke !
Old 09-15-2015, 10:52 PM
cplabaunza
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loving my 14 GTS
Old 09-16-2015, 03:55 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
So much unfounded Viper hatred here.. Sigh.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:58 AM
ElCid79
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

I looked at getting a viper. Honestly I didn't like it as much as many of the other cars in that price point.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:37 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

NOT

I can't imagine most Z06 owners (or potential owners) would make any kind of purchase decision based on one obscure factoid.

Maybe all the Viper negatives would sway someone however. (Higher price, ugly car, rough ride, noisy interior, inefficient on fuel, lower cornering grip, hot side exhaust, and cramped cabin, to name a few.)
You are another clueless brand loyal magazine reader, who gives reviews, from 16 years ago, it's obvious to any viper owner that you haven't even sat in one.

Price?..... Same
Ugly?.... any year viper is better looking than, the modern corvette, ugly is looking at your avitar, the C7 looks nice in the front, but that is it.
Rough ride? My TA rides much like my 2010 ZR1, your review is for gen 1-2 vipers(I had a 99acr) they were pretty rough .

Noisy? If you want no noise, go buy an electric car

Inefficient on fuel? both performance model corvettes, and vipers are gas guzzlers , if you want good gas mileage buy a hybrid.

Hot exhaust?.... Yet another review that is 16 years old, my gen 5's side pipes do get warm, but aren't hot.

Cornering grip? You do know that corvette has and will always be underneath Viper in handling, the precious "lighting lap time" that people in the C7Z, are rejoicing about(like one lap ,sans anything anyway) was fake, the driver who did it, not only said that the time could not be achieved by that car, he went on to say that he couldn't even get the car to run right , great job GM!! The last great corvette, which is still the top corvette, is the C6ZR1, which BTW is still beneath the 2008 viper ACR, and 2014 TA as far as track times. ( and I could give a crap about track times, don't read magazines , I just drive the crap out of my car.

Cramped cabin? I'll agree with you on that, the gen 5's cabin is much tighter than previous Vipers, but the seats and interior are so much better than the vettes it is still comfortable , just have to get used to it.

When you have owned both then you can give a review, yes I've had 6 corvettes, skipped the C7 due to looks, problems , and the fact that if I'm going to pay 100k for a car, it better be a low volume car with exclusiveness, and yes my sibling who hasn't yet jumped off the corvette bandwagon to try other brands has had his C7Z for over a year, so I haven't just "test driven" these cars, the only thing his car does better(I have given him huge buyers remorse) is being able to take it to the grocery store, there are so many vettes on the road, they blend very well.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 09-16-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:55 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rjwz28
It's just Butt Hurt, these guys would say they hate hot blondes with big fake *****, and tight azz's because they cannot attain them,been rejected by them, Viper has been putting azz whippings on corvettes since the early 90's , had a couple of good years 2006, and very briefly 2008, but that is it, viper is that step up from corvette, just a fact, 99.9% of viper owners have had corvettes ,some have both (I briefly has both, kind of have both right now as I can trade cars with my brother anytime I want)

I can tell you that every single person in this thread that is bashing Viper, has never owned one, ,probably haven't even sat in one.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 AM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Again, nobody is looking at you and/or your Corvette.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:43 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Default New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
It's just Butt Hurt, these guys would say they hate hot blondes with big fake *****, and tight azz's because they cannot attain them,been rejected by them, Viper has been putting azz whippings on corvettes since the early 90's , had a couple of good years 2006, and very briefly 2008, but that is it, viper is that step up from corvette, just a fact, 99.9% of viper owners have had corvettes ,some have both (I briefly has both, kind of have both right now as I can trade cars with my brother anytime I want)

I can tell you that every single person in this thread that is bashing Viper, has never owned one, ,probably haven't even sat in one.
I'm not into big fake ***** at all

However, I think the Viper is pretty sick

Old 09-17-2015, 08:05 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

the precious "lighting lap time" that people in the C7Z, are rejoicing about(like one lap ,sans anything anyway) was fake, the driver who did it, not only said that the time could not be achieved by that car, he went on to say that he couldn't even get the car to run right ,
The Lightning Lap (Car & Driver) results were legit, driven by magazine editors.

The "Best Drivers Car" (Motor Trend) is where the car didn't run properly, as stated by Randy Pobst (pro driver).
Old 09-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

You are another clueless brand loyal magazine reader, who gives reviews, from 16 years ago, it's obvious to any viper owner that you haven't even sat in one.

Price?..... Same
Ugly?.... any year viper is better looking than, the modern corvette, ugly is looking at your avitar, the C7 looks nice in the front, but that is it.
Rough ride? My TA rides much like my 2010 ZR1, your review is for gen 1-2 vipers(I had a 99acr) they were pretty rough .

Noisy? If you want no noise, go buy an electric car

Inefficient on fuel? both performance model corvettes, and vipers are gas guzzlers , if you want good gas mileage buy a hybrid.

Hot exhaust?.... Yet another review that is 16 years old, my gen 5's side pipes do get warm, but aren't hot.

Cornering grip? You do know that corvette has and will always be underneath Viper in handling, the precious "lighting lap time" that people in the C7Z, are rejoicing about(like one lap ,sans anything anyway) was fake, the driver who did it, not only said that the time could not be achieved by that car, he went on to say that he couldn't even get the car to run right , great job GM!! The last great corvette, which is still the top corvette, is the C6ZR1, which BTW is still beneath the 2008 viper ACR, and 2014 TA as far as track times. ( and I could give a crap about track times, don't read magazines , I just drive the crap out of my car.

Cramped cabin? I'll agree with you on that, the gen 5's cabin is much tighter than previous Vipers, but the seats and interior are so much better than the vettes it is still comfortable , just have to get used to it.

When you have owned both then you can give a review, yes I've had 6 corvettes, skipped the C7 due to looks, problems , and the fact that if I'm going to pay 100k for a car, it better be a low volume car with exclusiveness, and yes my sibling who hasn't yet jumped off the corvette bandwagon to try other brands has had his C7Z for over a year, so I haven't just "test driven" these cars, the only thing his car does better(I have given him huge buyers remorse) is being able to take it to the grocery store, there are so many vettes on the road, they blend very well.
lol, just lol. You're on the wrong website fanboi.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

While I do disagree with how the argument was presented, the message is actually correct. There is so much misinformation about Vipers on this site that it's sickening. If you want to talk about "fanbois", you only need to look at the Corvette people that outright lie about Vipers.

Oh, and FWIW I own a Vette and not a Viper. But being objective so often gets you labeled a troll or "fanboi" on this site
Old 09-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Snake Plissken
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The misconceptions and lies/opinions of the Viper are pretty hilarious, especially on this site, you can tell whose never driven one let alone sat or been within 5 feet of one. There's a reason why majority of Viper owners are previous Vette owners . I didn't, but know quite a few owners that have switched.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Fanboy says the member whom I modded back in the late 90's), im a multiple corvette owner who joined this site at the age of 21(have been here since this sites inception)have had 6 corvettes, and was a mod here probably before you ever had one corvette .....

The fanboys are the ones who come to the OTHER CAR SECTION, to talk about how anything that isn't a vette is crap, I don't post in the C7 section, even though I have hundreds of hours in the C7Z, I don't own one , and don't want to , so why are the C7 fanboys (who have made this site the joke of online car forums) posting here?

Last edited by NytmereZ; 09-17-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!

Old 09-17-2015, 05:44 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

NOT

Were you on parkway tuesday ?? I think I saw you and if that was you that car sounded sick
Old 09-17-2015, 05:45 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

There's a lot of irony in you calling a car enthusiast who obviously enjoys multiple manufacturers' products a "fanboi"
Old 09-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Most people who consider purchasing the new ACR couldn't care less about this kind of number. The ACR is a highly focused road course car with similar power numbers to the Z06 but with a lot more downforce, until GM decides to make a Z06 analogue it will likely outperform the Z06 on track. I would advise Z06 fans to graciously give the ACR respect and give FCA its due for making it exist. It may not be the car for everyone but many Z06 owners (like myself) wish there were a more track focused version of the Z06. Great cars are great cars, a true car enthusiast gets past childish brand/corporate tribalism and is able to acknowledge them no matter who the manufacturer is. imo
Could not agree more with entire post esp the bold. Stand up poster here!

Quick Reply: New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!