Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:13 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Could not agree more with entire post esp the bold. Stand up poster here!
+1 couldn't agree more
Old 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
The Lightning Lap (Car & Driver) results were legit, driven by magazine editors.

The "Best Drivers Car" (Motor Trend) is where the car didn't run properly, as stated by Randy Pobst (pro driver).
And that shows you how many magazine articles I read ...... None

To me all these modern day car rags are about as acurarte as the national inquirer, all BS just so people will buy it.

I am in the fitness industry, I couldn't even tell you how many people I know who write for different fitness mags, who have never stepped foot in a gym, just a little analogy for all these people who take magazine articles as gospel.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So to sum up the thread, someone posts information about a particular car being faster than a ZO6 and people with ZO6s get mad.

So if I posted that a Veyron was faster, I guess the panties would still be wadded. Do Corvette owners really think they are driving the fastest cars ever built? Seems a lot of people need to wake up and realize there are faster cars out there.

-Alex
Old 09-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto
So to sum up the thread, someone posts information about a particular car being faster than a ZO6 and people with ZO6s get mad.

So if I posted that a Veyron was faster, I guess the panties would still be wadded. Do Corvette owners really think they are driving the fastest cars ever built? Seems a lot of people need to wake up and realize there are faster cars out there.

-Alex
Where's that thanks button when you need it....
Old 09-18-2015, 05:34 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

-Alex
Not quite, but close. Somebody posted information about a particular car being faster than the Z06 and SOME people with Z06s came in to debate how unrefined that particular car was ten years ago... Which would be just like me popping in here to talk about how the C7 can't possibly be a nice car because my C5 Z06 is unrefined.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Not quite, but close. Somebody posted information about a particular car being faster than the Z06 and SOME people with Z06s came in to debate how unrefined that particular car was ten years ago... Which would be just like me popping in here to talk about how the C7 can't possibly be a nice car because my C5 Z06 is unrefined.
Wait, you're telling me that isn't a valid comparison
Old 09-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Originally Posted by Crabbers
Where's that thanks button when you need it....
Yeah, I noticed that function was removed a few days after it was setup. Weird.

There's no more reason to talk about 10 year old quality issues when both cars are MUCH better products than earlier models. Except one doesn't overheat all the damn time and is consistently faster. But I'm sure SOME of the ZO6 folk will just lie and say "It's not all about speed"... after spending $90k on a high performance sports car LOL.

-Alex
Old 09-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Yeah, I noticed that function was removed a few days after it was setup. Weird.

There's no more reason to talk about 10 year old quality issues when both cars are MUCH better products than earlier models. Except one doesn't overheat all the damn time and is consistently faster. But I'm sure SOME of the ZO6 folk will just lie and say "It's not all about speed"... after spending $90k on a high performance sports car LOL.

-Alex
There are a few cry babies in C7 Z06 forum fall into one or multiple of these categories:

- Do not track their cars
- Do not own a Corvette and are either GM Interns or PR fake accounts to promote image of car not being problematic
- Rage addicts that like to own fast cars.

The constant barrage of "hater" "Jealous" "can't afford" has grown tiresome any time a criticism is brought up. And unfortunately many of the critiques have actual merit.

There are far too many real life instances of the car not meeting it's promised performance envelope for real enthusiasts that plan on tracking the car as intended.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
There are a few cry babies in C7 Z06 forum fall into one or multiple of these categories:

- Do not own a Corvette and are either GM Interns or PR fake accounts to promote image of car not being problematic

The constant barrage of "hater" "Jealous" "can't afford" has grown tiresome any time a criticism is brought up. And unfortunately many of the critiques have actual merit.

There are far too many real life instances of the car not meeting it's promised performance envelope for real enthusiasts that plan on tracking the car as intended.
That section is so bad that even other C7Z owners have got hell for posting up complaints/issues/short comings or what have you.

I honestly think the C7Z is a great car, however it simply IMHO did not live up to the hype and when I expressed this and other concerns/dislikes, like many, I was placed in the jealous/cant afford/hater yada yada yada camp. (and oh yea, don't forget the "you're not allowed to talk if you don't have 1 guys"). Completely comical being I owned 3 Z's prior and loved them. The bashing I received actually got me to a point I didn't like the car at all anymore and just started enjoying messing with the cry babies.

Then the whole sucking up to GM and Tadge is just plain sickening not to mention the GM apologists. The whole thought of just trying to sell cars has completely escaped many.

Doesn't matter which car, if you cant handle others who are generally being objective on their feelings on that car, you simply need to man the f up.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hirohawa

+1.

That section is so bad that even other C7Z owners have got hell for posting up complaints/issues/short comings or what have you.

I honestly think the C7Z is a great car, however it simply IMHO did not live up to the hype and when I expressed this and other concerns/dislikes, like many, I was placed in the jealous/cant afford/hater yada yada yada camp. (and oh yea, don't forget the "you're not allowed to talk if you don't have 1 guys"). Completely comical being I owned 3 Z's prior and loved them. The bashing I received actually got me to a point I didn't like the car at all anymore and just started enjoying messing with the cry babies.

Then the whole sucking up to GM and Tadge is just plain sickening not to mention the GM apologists. The whole thought of just trying to sell cars has completely escaped many.

Doesn't matter which car, if you cant handle others who are generally being objective on their feelings on that car, you simply need to man the f up.
Wait, you were labeled as a "can't afford" person but, you can buy a more expensive Viper LOL!? That's awesome.

-Alex
Old 09-20-2015, 01:31 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

$100k Corvette is the fastest and most expensive car in the world. If you don't have one you're slow and poor.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,577 Likes on 2,166 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I just bought a Viper today and am very excited to park it next to my Vettes. 2001 Viper GTS Coupe with 16,000 miles, Saphire Blue. Beautiful car. Great handling, great acceleration/low end torque. The Corvette and Viper are very different but both great American Sports Cars.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by White Out
$100k Corvette is the fastest and most expensive car in the world. If you don't have one you're slow and poor.
Lol lots of people believe that sadly.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:12 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Lol lots of people believe that sadly.
It also cracks up when the cry babies in C7 Z06 constantly pull the "jealous" and "can't afford" defense as if any Corvette is or has been some sort of unobtainable purchase.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:57 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

As C7Z critics, we are simply observing a new phenomenon that the Corvette community hasn't had to deal with in the past. Making excuses.

In the past few generations, the Corvette has done an excellent job of bringing bang for the buck performance, usually leading the other more expensive brands in performance. There were no apologies required, when the C5Z and C6Z, as well as the ZR1 were out there dominating the road courses and drag strips. These were good times for the Corvette community.

Then the C7 came out. The design was polarizing to some purists, it caught a lot of negative comments about the "Camaro" rearend design. But, it was proven to perform at the road course pretty well. I still think the C7 Z51 is one hell of a machine, and deserves the bang-for-the-buck title.

But then we have the year long hype stream of the C7 Z06, before it was released. The initial sneak peek photos showed us something that resembled a badass GTLM road racer. I still think the car looks great, even with the "spats" people complain about. The C7Z just looks tough and modern. With the successful base Z51 track prowess, we all knew the wider tired and aero equipped Z06 would be faster. Well, that is true. I think the C7Z is a great car for the road course....if you only want to run 3-4 hard laps and pit it.

Frankly, the heat control issues are embarrassing. When you have a Z07 that crests $100K, and gets touted as "the most track capable Corvette, ever", it should perform 100% for a full session, or a full tank of fuel. That would be a minimum requirement, for such an expensive car. You should run out of tire, before having to worry about powertrain. At this price range, it no longer gets mentioned for "bang-for-the-buck", since there are cheaper cars like the Camaro 1LE ($35K) and Z28 ($65K) which can lap for a full tank, and put down impressive times. When Corvette loses the value argument, it no longer is appealing. Then the excuses fly.

I'm amazed by how many people will make excuses for GM, and pretend that this heat issue isn't real. Even my GM contacts (some on Corvette Team) have acknowledged there is an issue, and they are looking into it internally. Yet, these GM apologists will argue that it doesn't exist, and that it doesn't affect most people. That makes zero sense to me. I'm just wanting them to fix the problem sooner, rather than later. Is that too much to ask?

The "jealous" and "can't afford it" guys are just waxers. These are the guys I wouldn't even get along with in person, either. I prefer to hang out with the racers, and those who actually own a full set of tools. So, I don't expect to get along with those guys here on a forum, either.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 AM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
I just bought a Viper today and am very excited to park it next to my Vettes. 2001 Viper GTS Coupe with 16,000 miles, Saphire Blue. Beautiful car. Great handling, great acceleration/low end torque. The Corvette and Viper are very different but both great American Sports Cars.
Great color. Congrats!
Old 09-21-2015, 03:09 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by White Out
Great color. Congrats!
Thanks. It really is a nice color, similar to a Navy Blue. No stripes. Kind of a sleeper. These cars aren't exactly subtle so it really doesn't need the racing stripes.

Get notified of new replies

To New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!

Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

"aren't exactly subtle" is ummm... putting it kind of gently eh....
Old 09-21-2015, 08:00 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 09-22-2015, 09:21 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Quick Reply: New Viper ACR is faster than Z06 to 150mph!!