Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Anyone Have Experience with the 6.1L Challengers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone Have Experience with the 6.1L Challengers?

I'm hoping to be in a position to be able to get back into the car scene again and considering a Challenger. I know the 5.7L cars have the timing chain issues, just wondering if anyone here has had any real working knowledge of one of these cars enough to know what issues they have. From what I've read, the 6.1L manual cars have issues with a cylinder 7 misfire but, I'm looking for an automatic. I've just joined two Challenger forums so no response there yet. Just fishing here too.

-Alex
Old 09-24-2015, 02:34 PM
TrueBlueConvert
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM or see if Mopar Jimmy chimes in he has one that he dd's or did in the Chicago area and if memory serves me correct I believe his was is an auto also. I don't have any experience with the 6.1 myself but had a 5.7 Daytona Charger that I didn't have any mechanical problems with traded in at 90k and my neighbor down the street has a 6.1 Super Bee that is running strong I don't know his mileage but it's his dd and he in no way babies it. And so far I'm enjoying my 6.4 Scat Pack Challeneger. If you get it I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueBlueConvert
PM or see if Mopar Jimmy chimes in he has one that he dd's or did in the Chicago area and if memory serves me correct I believe his was is an auto also. I don't have any experience with the 6.1 myself but had a 5.7 Daytona Charger that I didn't have any mechanical problems with traded in at 90k and my neighbor down the street has a 6.1 Super Bee that is running strong I don't know his mileage but it's his dd and he in no way babies it. And so far I'm enjoying my 6.4 Scat Pack Challeneger. If you get it I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Thanks for the info! Glad you didn't experience the timing chain issue on the 5.7L.

-Alex

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Have Experience with the 6.1L Challengers?

Quick Reply: Anyone Have Experience with the 6.1L Challengers?