Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Bondurant says bye bye to overheating...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by 68ragtop69
You're right this article doesn't mention the racing school wording as the other article. I also went back and saw that I missed a bullet in the other article that stated the entire fleet was being swapped out.

Like I posted earlier...either way that they went, it's a great opportunity to drive cars that I don't own (and have no current plans to upgrade to) around a track at high speeds!
I wonder if this move will help continue the Viper production? I know Chrysler has officially pulled the plug on its Viper GTS-R racing program in the IMSA and there are daily rumors about the Viper going away in 2017. They are such an aggressive and unique car; I always loved their looks!
Great way to drive the snake. I'm signing up for sure.

Most definitely this is a loss for GM. If GM can't claim association with Bondurant they lose an important marketing tool. Pretty simple if you ask me.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:07 PM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Steve Snake Driver
In fact, I don't recall seeing Bondurant as an option for driver school in the last info from Chevrolet.
You are correct. Ron Fellows Performance School @ Spring Mountain is the only the only authorized school available to buyers of the Z06.

Originally Posted by ElCid79
Again this is nothing more than a business decision. To look at it any other way is ridiculous.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:13 PM
<<427_V8>>
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This looks like it's more of just a good business decision than anything having to do with Z06 over heating issues, as there's no statements from anyone associated with the school that said anything about overheating - so it's a bit of a stretch to make this solely about that.

They basically have become the Spring Mountain of Dodge - seems logical to me. Except for the question of whether the Viper will be around after 2017. This leads me to believe there's hope for the Viper as it wouldn't make sense to me to open up a driving school for a car that's not going to be sold in a couple years from now.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:07 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
I was at the unveil at SEMA last night. Bondurant is replacing their GM line with Dodge. It won't be all ACR Vipers, they will have base cars too.
Heads will explode soon!
Old 11-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
:

Most definitely this is a loss for GM. If GM can't claim association with Bondurant they lose an important marketing tool. Pretty simple if you ask me.
This is not something GM wanted.

No more than Goodyear telling GM to jump it because they(Goodyear) didn't want the business for the tires used on the Corvette anymore. Michelin won the tire war, and Dodge won the car war.

Last edited by JoesC5; 11-05-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:10 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Snake Driver
The only overheating in this thread is the trolls. Bondurant was getting their *** kicked by Spring Mountain and getting very little of the 'free'/discounted customers from new owner program incentives. In fact, I don't recall seeing Bondurant as an option for driver school in the last info from Chevrolet. Perhaps Bondurant didn't have a choice and GM was dropping them at end of contract year. As it is, no one in this thread knows the real reasons.
You hit the mark. Ron Fellow school success is hard to beat and the success puts them on top when it comes to incentives. This issue has nothing to do with overheating. Ron Davis did their radiator R&D work for Bondurant and they came up with the double pass radiator that eliminated any overheating issues at the school. I am assuming Dodge needed an established school that they can afford to match their low volume Viper sales. Dodge cannot afford to work with a school like Ron Fellow since they will not bring the number of buyers / students that Corvette does.
I find it childish to keep putting the Z06 down. We know that the ACR is awesome. No one is denying that. Z06 is just as awesome. The fact that the ACR is breaking track records doesn't mean that everyone sets behind the ACR wheel will be fast. I have seen guys with Vipers and Corvettes at the track getting passed by Mitata's. At the end, skill factor and car setup are just as important.

Last edited by 5thGear; 11-08-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Bondurant says bye bye to overheating...