Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Lot of Pre-Own Tesla's out there.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 02:04 PM
LGK-SD
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lot of Pre-Own Tesla's out there.....

https://www.teslamotors.com/models/p..._medium=social
Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

great car, but needs a longer extension cord !
Old 02-02-2016, 11:02 PM
LGK-SD
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
great car, but needs a longer extension cord !
Old 02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

With the number of charging stations growing and the cars 200+ range I can see myself owning one of those.

Just wish they would build a car that I like, the coupe is ugly and I'm not interested in cars that have 4 doors.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:52 PM
81corvettevortec
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From owners that I know, a lot of the pre-owned are from people trading up to the newer autopilot cars or the higher HP/AWD versions. My sister just got a 90D and it really is an amazing car. Hard to beat as a daily driver, as long as you've got something else for longer trips till the superchargers are closer together.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Lots of electronic issues with the Teslas (according to CR). They perform very well but need to improve those annoying electrical and electro-mechanical glitches.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:32 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Gasoline is 1.59 a gallon.

Why bother spending 100 grand for a 2014 p85D?

If your buying preowned other competitors from a four door luxury sedan offer better depreciation.

I drove the p85d in insane mode and it was quick but not as quiet as I would have liked.

I believe the next gm vehicle with the Chevy bolt platform will be a much cheaper and better way to go.

I'm hopeful for a jaguar f pace Porsche Macan cuv type vehicle from gmc or Cadillac.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:27 PM
RAMMAN
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by JerriVette

If your buying preowned other competitors from a four door luxury sedan offer better depreciation.

I drove the p85d in insane mode and it was quick but not as quiet as I would have liked.

I believe the next gm vehicle with the Chevy bolt platform will be a much cheaper and better way to go.

I'm hopeful for a jaguar f pace Porsche Macan cuv type vehicle from gmc or Cadillac.

I've seen 3 year old Tesla's around here for under 50k. Talk about a loss.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:14 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I just got rid of my C7 I traded it on a Cadillac ATS 20T I can't believe how well this car runs.

Its almost as much fun as the C7 and it has AWD handles quite well also on stock suspension.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:49 PM
jmzvet
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
Lots of electronic issues with the Teslas (according to CR). They perform very well but need to improve those annoying electrical and electro-mechanical glitches.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 AM
E in Phila
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The Bolt is hideous. GM has yet to show it can compete with Tesla in the electric space. The Cadillac offering was a joke, not even in the same realm as the Model S in terms of performance, looks, or practicality.

I suspect when the Model 3 is released it will far outperform the Bolt at a similar price. And it will almost certainly look a lot better.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:44 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Well gas won't always be that cheap.

The car runs almost silent.

Some people are environmentally conscious.

Car looks great inside and out.

It's decently rare. That's about all the reasons I can think of.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:49 PM
00C Just for Fun
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gatti-man

I've ridden in a few. Once you get past the big iPad screen, I find interior to be most basic and cheap looking compared to anything else. Real turn off.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:41 PM
11LS3A6
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Free charging at one of these is very

Last edited by 11LS3A6; 03-17-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:18 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Being $75k-100k and running on power that is still largely fossil fuel run, Tesla's are not about saving money, gas, or the environment - they are a status symbol for hipsters.

**EDIT**

HOLY CRAP - See some of those leases? $7,000 down and $1300 a month? Wow, talk about a loser of a deal.

Last edited by Chevy Guy; 03-18-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:59 AM
E in Phila
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Being $75k-100k and running on power that is still largely fossil fuel run, Tesla's are not about saving money, gas, or the environment - they are a status symbol for hipsters.

**EDIT**

HOLY CRAP - See some of those leases? $7,000 down and $1300 a month? Wow, talk about a loser of a deal.
ALL nice cars are easily dismissed as "status symbols" (and to make that criticism on a Corvette site... ).

In high performance trim, the model S will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. In technical terms, that is what is known as "full retard" fast. And then if you are tired from accelerating at such an insane rate of speed, the car will drive you home (along with up to 6 passengers, although a full boat will probably put your acceleration times back over 3 seconds).

So I'm not sure it's fair to dismiss the cars as mere enviro-weenie items.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by E in Phila
ALL nice cars are easily dismissed as "status symbols" (and to make that criticism on a Corvette site... ).

In high performance trim, the model S will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. In technical terms, that is what is known as "full retard" fast. And then if you are tired from accelerating at such an insane rate of speed, the car will drive you home (along with up to 6 passengers, although a full boat will probably put your acceleration times back over 3 seconds).

So I'm not sure it's fair to dismiss the cars as mere enviro-weenie items.
Nobody ever questioned their performance, my reply was specifically around the statement that these cars are for those who are conscious of the environment or to save gas - which is laughable at best.

7k down and 1300 a month isn't saving anyone anything.

Last edited by Chevy Guy; 03-18-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lot of Pre-Own Tesla's out there.....

Old 03-21-2016, 05:43 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

I drove a 2 year old one with just the front engine. I could easily live with one. It feels just like a FAST regular car that makes no noise. The acceleration rush is incredible. Feels like the fastest elevator you can imagine, yet its a great car with a real nice interior. I'm all for Tesla being successful.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:23 PM
11LS3A6
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
I drove a 2 year old one with just the front engine. I could easily live with one. It feels just like a FAST regular car that makes no noise. The acceleration rush is incredible. Feels like the fastest elevator you can imagine, yet its a great car with a real nice interior. I'm all for Tesla being successful.
Pushing battery technology to the point that solar becomes more and more economically attractive also.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:46 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I look forward to a more normally priced model. Tesla s supposed to release some information and photos of the smaller model 3 sedan and maybe CUV.

I thought the model s was stunning to look at and very quick.

Just at 127 grand I could think of better places to put my money. The leases were not great either.

Preowned isn't bad but tesla s pricing on pre owned leases is wicked...in my opinion.

GM s bolt technically is in my opinion a better vehicle but it does look like dog sh t. That's why I suggested a Porsche Macan like top hat on a bolt chassis.....sold as either a Cadillac or a GMC...

As it is the bolt looks like a GM version of the failed ford c max. America doesn't buy efficiency. A,Erica buys sexy looking even in electrics...

Preowned Tessa's are not a bad idea except tesla s residuals are inflated and his resale pricing on lease returns are totally unrealistic.

Toyota is launching a lease return pre owned certified re lease program and that's what tesla should offer if Mr Musk wants to move inventory of returned lease vehicles,.

Re lease them at half price with a warranty for another three or four years...as long as they are under warranty that's fine,

Bottom line who would want to be out of warranty with a tesla?

Jmo

Last edited by JerriVette; 03-22-2016 at 08:49 AM.