Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

OFFICIAL Never-Enough’s quest to find a replacement for his C6Z & MS6 thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

UPDATE: 4/16 - Today I drove a 2013 Audi S6, Hellcat Challenger, C7 & C7Z. Details are in my OP.

If I could pick one word to describe the S6, it would be "smooth". Comfy ride & would make a nice daily driver, but no way would it be a Z06 replacement for me. I really felt like I could fall asleep while driving it. The cooled seats didn't seem to work much at all. It also has massaging seats & that **** just felt weird. The car just didn't excite me at all.

I've sat in C7s before, but this was my first drive. This was not a Z51 car. Obviously, the interior & tech is better than the C6. Wish I had that HUD in my car. this also did not have the carbon fiber dash. The plastic dash & console look & feel very cheap. I am a bit biased w/my modded Z so going WOT in this car didn't do it for me. If I ever bought one, it would have to be modded. Cooled seats are great!

The C7Z was a blast. This did have the carbon dash & competition seats. This one had the carbon dash. Much better than the bland black plastic crap, but the console was still the same cheap black plastic. I love the competition seats. Reminded me on the sport seats in my old 335 & also made me want better seats in my car sooner rather than later!!

Could definitely feel all that torque when going WOT. I didn't say holy **** much faster than my car, though. Probably because stock C7Z without heat issues would run about the same 1/4 time as my car. Bottom line, the C7Z needs to come down in price because I'd sell my car today to buy one. I knew I should not have driven it!!

The Hellcat was a manual. Interior is severely lacking IMO. The seats are the only good part. Well & the heated steering wheel. Cooled seats, again, kick ***. This was a 2015 w/4k miles on it. I noticed that things didn't look kosher where the driver fender meets the bumper. The touchscreen was nice & easy to navigate. My shoe kept getting caught on the carpet every time I went to release the clutch. NFC what that was about. I'm not a fan of the tach or speedo look.

You certainly know you're driving a huge car when you are in this thing. I'm not a fan of how big new cars are getting. I went WOT in 3rd & 4th gear. To me, it definitely did not feel as fast as it is. (Yes, I had the red key) Before today, I was all about replacing both my cars with a Hellcat Charger in blue, but unless the interior in them is A LOT nicer, I'll pass anywhere near what they sell for now. Not enough for the money IMO. Bottom line, subpar wrapping around a stellar drivetrain.

I may as well not bother driving anything else on my list because I'm not gonna find anything I like more than my Z or the C7Z LOL.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:53 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Great real-world accounts on these cars. I am not surprised that the C7-Z is at the top of your want list.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Never-Enough’s quest to find a replacement for his C6Z & MS6 thread!