Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS: 2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder. OEM Hardtop. 31k Miles and MINT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:34 PM
wsupjs
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder. OEM Hardtop. 31k Miles and MINT!

For sale is a 2005 Toyota MR-2 Spyder (last production year. Only 780 brought to US, and about 20 in this color/option combo)
Silver with Black Interior
All available factory options (Leather Interior and Limited Slip Differential)
31,xxx miles
5 Speed Manual Transmission

Upgrades:

OEM Hardtop (not available as a factory option in the US. Costs approximately $2700 to get one in mint condition from the UK)
PPE Cold Air Intake, Header, and Mid Pipe with catalytic converter. Header and Mid Pipe have custom black ceramic coating.
Hayward & Scott hand built stainless steel cat back exhaust with Lotus style center exit tips
TTE Style Chassis X Brace
JDM Badges and Center Caps
TRD Quick Shift Kit
Tanabe Sway Bars (front and rear)
Key Hole and front license plate covers

Recent Maintenance:

Optima Battery at 24k Miles
Full Fluid Flush at 24k Miles
Front Struts at 24k Miles
Tires (all four) at 25k miles
Oil Change at 26k miles
Oil Change at 30k miles
Redline MT90 Transaxle Oil at 31k miles

Other Good Info:

Clean Carfax/All VIN tags in place/Zero negative history
Garage kept its entire life (most of which was in Texas)
Needs nothing and is in excellent condition
All maintenance records since new, original window sticker, OEM books, and 3 sets of keys are included

The Bad:

One rock chip (1/16” x 1/4”) on the frunk lid
Couple scratches/curb marks on rear passenger side wheel (other 3 are mint)

I’m asking $16,000 with everything or $14,500 without the hardtop. Both prices are firm. I'd also consider trade for a C6 or first gen CTS-V.

The car is located in Cincinnati, OH. If you have any questions, give me a call or text at (513) 324 – zero five nine nine.

Thanks!

Imperfections:

Old 04-05-2016, 09:40 PM
jh225
Le Mans Master

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Oh look, a guy finds a Corvette forum and offers up a Toyota rollerskate as his first post. We won't mention that it is WAY overpriced too.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:01 PM
wsupjs
Cruising

Originally Posted by jh225
Oh look, a guy finds a Corvette forum and offers up a Toyota rollerskate as his first post. We won't mention that it is WAY overpriced too.
I've actually been a lurker on this site for about a year and a half when I started looking for C6's. I finally joined in January to reach out to a few members about C6's that were listed, but am not active in threads due to not having a Corvette... at least yet.

As for the price, the price for everything together is right in line with the NADA private party value for the car with a hardtop value added on top. If the buyer decides they don't want a hardtop, they sell very quickly in the secondhand market.

I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially on a forum like this with so many high power cars, but for someone looking for this type of toy, I'm confident you won't find one in better condition.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:58 AM
Meh
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Retail is not private party value.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:04 AM
wsupjs
Cruising

Originally Posted by Meh
You didn't read my previous post. If a buyer purchases everything, but decides the hardtop isn't for them, it will easily sell for $2500+. That would put their net price at $13,500, which is right in line with NADA Private Party value.

The reason why my price without the hardtop is higher is because I don't have a place to easily store the hardtop away from the car, so I would prefer to sell everything together.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Meh
Team Owner

Originally Posted by wsupjs
The reason why my price without the hardtop is higher is because I don't have a place to easily store the hardtop away from the car, so I would prefer to sell everything together.
Why not sell the top separately right now and pocket an extra grand?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:06 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, that is a clean MR2. Definitely worth the premium for the right buyer. Good luck with the sale.

If the motor responds anything like the Elise motor; the header, exhaust and intake really woke up the motor.

Last edited by White Out; 04-06-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:05 PM
jimbosr
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

nice looking mr2,i sold my 86 mr2 sunday for $6k so good luck on yours
Attached Images  

Last edited by jimbosr; 04-06-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car!
Old 04-06-2016, 10:21 PM
wsupjs
Cruising

Originally Posted by Meh
Why not sell the top separately right now and pocket an extra grand?
Because it makes the car better in every way; the chassis is tighter, road noise is reduced, it gets better mileage, and the I have more headroom. I've had other Spyders, and after owning this one with the hardtop, I honestly don't want to experience it without it installed.

Originally Posted by White Out
Wow, that is a clean MR2. Definitely worth the premium for the right buyer. Good luck with the sale.

If the motor responds anything like the Elise motor; the header, exhaust and intake really woke up the motor.
Thank you sir! I honestly think it's as clean as you'll find for a 10 year old car that's not sealed in a collection.

The Elise uses a built 2ZZ while the stock Spyder motor is a 1ZZ. Both motors definitely respond well to modifications since they're pretty restricted from the factory. While it's not quite an Elise, it is much faster and more responsive with the mods than the stock Spyders I've driven, especially in the mid RPM range.

It was built like this to be a baby Elise for those of us that can't drop $30k on a toy, and I think we accomplished that.

Originally Posted by jimbosr
nice looking mr2,i sold my 86 mr2 sunday for $6k so good luck on yours
Thank you, and that's a great MK1! I've always wanted one, but they're very tough to find here in the midwest. So many of them have rusted away by now.

Originally Posted by Roscoe
Nice car!
Thanks! It's been a lot of fun, but it's time to try something new

Last edited by wsupjs; 04-06-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:31 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by jh225
Originally Posted by Meh

I recall the forum rules stating something like "not interfering in a person's for sale thread"???

This guy obviously posted a very detailed ad with photos, precise description of car and his location/phone number. The car (while maybe not everyone's cup of tea) is rare, tastefully modded and looks to be a pristine example. So freaking what if he is asking a little more for the car than book value?

Just for kicks I looked up book value for a low mileage C5 Z06 (20K miles). The clean retail is $23,995 for the area where I live which is the western burbs of Chicago. Try and find a dealer around here with a car like that for that money...... they are all asking ~$3K or more over that price.

I bet you guys would have your panties twisted up around your neck if someone were to interfere with a sale thread that you had posted??? If you don't have something nice to say.........

BTW OP....... that is a nice, clean example of that car. I bet it's quite fun to drive!!! Best of luck with your sale...... Don't let these guys with too much lead in their pencils and nobody to write to get you down!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:05 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Sellers can ask whatever they want buyers can offer what they want to.
People need to friggin relax
Old 04-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Meh
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MVR 155
I recall the forum rules stating something like "not interfering in a person's for sale thread"???

This guy obviously posted a very detailed ad with photos, precise description of car and his location/phone number. The car (while maybe not everyone's cup of tea) is rare, tastefully modded and looks to be a pristine example. So freaking what if he is asking a little more for the car than book value?

Just for kicks I looked up book value for a low mileage C5 Z06 (20K miles). The clean retail is $23,995 for the area where I live which is the western burbs of Chicago. Try and find a dealer around here with a car like that for that money...... they are all asking ~$3K or more over that price.

I bet you guys would have your panties twisted up around your neck if someone were to interfere with a sale thread that you had posted??? If you don't have something nice to say.........
I just pointed out issues with creative word definitions and/or math. I enjoy panties twisted around my neck. It means that fun is about to be had.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Sellers can ask whatever they want buyers can offer what they want to.
People need to friggin relax
There has to be room for negotiation.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:24 AM
wsupjs
Cruising

BTW OP....... that is a nice, clean example of that car. I bet it's quite fun to drive!!! Best of luck with your sale...... Don't let these guys with too much lead in their pencils and nobody to write to get you down!!!!!!
Thank you sir! It is a blast, and I truly won't be upset if it stays in my garage. However, I would like to mix it up and go back to bigger power rather than lightweight go karts.

I've been on forums and buying/selling cars for long enough to not let negativity mess with me. I was expecting some push back on here due to it being much different than most of the big power toys on here, but thought someone might want to try something a little different. Plus additional exposure for a listing is always a good thing, even if in not quite perfect markets.

There has been some traction, but hopefully it will pick up after the Midwest decides to stop messing with winter weather... hah.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Great Car & I was interested but I believe that Toyota has a very small trunk, just enough for the spare tire & yes I know that I could remove it.
Good luck on your sale it will move.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:22 PM
wsupjs
Cruising

Originally Posted by Roscoe
Great Car & I was interested but I believe that Toyota has a very small trunk, just enough for the spare tire & yes I know that I could remove it.
Good luck on your sale it will move.
Thank you sir!

Sadly, you are right about the frunk. It definitely can't fit a golf bag and more like the Corvette. Thanks to the motor being closer to the back than a true mid engine, you don't even get the rear cubby/shelf like Caymans, Boxsters, etc. The frunk is big enough for a couple duffle bags without the spare tire, and there is a nice compartment behind the seats. Anything large has to ride shotgun... hah.

If you change your mind and think you can enjoy a car with a less functional trunk, definitely keep me posted.

Last edited by wsupjs; 04-10-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder. OEM Hardtop. 31k Miles and MINT!

Old 04-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Lou7787
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Welcome to the forum. And good luck with the sale. Not sure you'll find a lot of interest for that particular car here but you never know.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:55 PM
jh225
Le Mans Master

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Negativity had absolutely nothing to do with the car. Had everything to do with the very first post made by a new member being a for sale ad, period.

The fact that it was a way overpriced Toyota roller skate was just an added benefit.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Real nice car and great for sale ad. Best of luck selling it. It can be hard here, dealing with all the forum experts that don't give a crap about rules, like jh225 and meh. People like them really think other people care about their opinion. But, all they do is clutter up peoples for sale threads with their idiotic posts.

There is no rule about post count to sell a car here. As MVR 155 pointed out, there ARE rules forbidding this type of crap that is being posted in your thread. Hopefully, one of the mods will delete their BS and let your thread carry on.

Again, good luck. It does look like a very nice car.

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder. OEM Hardtop. 31k Miles and MINT!