Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2016 GMC Denali 6.2l thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:14 PM
TurboTnZ06
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
I guessing you guys are flat towing most the time?

We got a stretch of fwy whats called the Grapevine, no way in hell my 5.3 would tow a simple trailer and car up it without puking a trans or worse. Many miles of long uphill grades dont know how even a slightly larger LS or a 5.0 would pull it off.

Going old school 454/400 dually
Towed FL to Michigan, then MI to Kentucky and back. Hills of TN and KY were no problem for the 6.2 8 speed. The trans these days have thermostats, and I didn't go easy on it, and the trans never changed temp. I could pass semi's all day long uphill. The 6.2 is 420 hp and 460 tq. I'd take the 6.2/8 over the old school 454 and 400 trans all day long.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Jus Cruisin
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Well after getting myself primed for a GMC, I finally drove a Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 6.2l while I was up in Michigan last week. The truck was the right color and had the right equipment. I was disappointed with the interior. I was aware the truck has no push button start or proximity door unlocking and was going to put up with that. But the finish was blah and no ac vents for the rear turned me off.

So I decided to check out my second choice. A Platinum F150. While looking at available trucks in the metro Detroit area (Detroit dealers know how to order and equip vehicles, unlike central Florida) I saw a solid black King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost 4X4. So off to that dealer. The wife fell in love with the interior, they made a deal I couldn't refuse. The Ram Limited 2500 is now theirs and the King Ranch is now in Florida.

The truck has a panoramic sunroof, push button start, proximity entry, blind spot warning, lane keeping and massaging front buckets. Just need to install a rear swaybar and probably some air bags for towing.

Last edited by Jus Cruisin; 05-19-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:57 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,442 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin

Well after getting myself primed for a GMC, I finally drove a Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 6.2l while I was up in Michigan last week. The truck was the right color and had the right equipment. I was disappointed with the interior. I was aware the truck has no push button start or proximity door unlocking and was going to put up with that. But the finish was blah and no ac vents for the rear turned me off.

So I decided to check out my second choice. A Platinum F150. While looking at available trucks in the metro Detroit area (Detroit dealers know how to order and equip vehicles, unlike central Florida) I saw a solid black King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost 4X4. So off to that dealer. The wife fell in love with the interior, they made a deal I couldn't refuse. The Ram Limited 2500 is now theirs and the King Ranch is now in Florida.

The truck has a panoramic sunroof, push button start, proximity entry, blind spot warning, lane keeping and massaging front buckets. Just need to install a rear swaybar and probably some air bags for towing.
That's real similar to my truck! You're gonna love it, as I've said before, it's BY FAR the best luxury truck on the market right now.

I went back and forth on V8 vs Ecoboost. My dealer said he could get me either one. I was stumped on which to get... ended up taking the more conservative path and got the V8. When I'm on long trips on the highway with the 3.55 rear end getting 21mpg, I sometimes wish I had gotten the Ecoboost. Around town, I enjoy it and the way it sounds. And at night, I sleep easy knowing I've got a much less complex and stressed V8 under the hood. But frankly, I think they're both great engines. I think the other thing that swayed me to the V8 was it was hard to find Ecoboosts with the 3.73 rear end at that time, and if you did that you got the giant tow mirrors as well, which I thought would be less convenient for every day driving.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:40 PM
00C Just for Fun
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTnZ06

I just bought this same Sierra Denali, 2016, Blue, 6.2L. Got it at Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville, IL across the river from St. Louis. This is what I'd been looking for and got a great deal (>20% off MSRP) no haggle required!

It's my first pickup. Coming from an Audi Q7, which I really like. The Sierra is a pretty nice truck! Impressive ride, comforts, and utility. I love the 6.2L with 8 speed. Power is good, especially for highway passing.

Picture makes the pine trees look worse than they are. Not really hanging over truck.
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2016, 02:56 AM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

And the reason the OP ended up in a Ford is exactly what drove me to a Toyota. Ya can't get what ya really want.

I'd love to drop the GM driveline in, but the rest...not so much.

Don't know what happen d to GM about 6-8 years ago, when they were usually first to come up with innovation. Now it seems they are always trying to play catch up...and doing a horrible job on some of it.

I'll be looking to get into another Tacoma or...possibly a Colorado in another year, but I'd like to see GM step it up some first.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 AM
Donuts
Race Director

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

I bought a '16 Yukon XL Denali and didn't have a choice (because of reasons below) but it's turned out to be a great ride, I love it. First, Toyota Sequoia isn't long enough ton have sufficient storage if 3rd row is being used and the navigator/Expedition is junk, especially with eco boost. I believe Toyota could compete but they're gonna have to commit a redo to old sequoia.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:47 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs1vette
And the reason the OP ended up in a Ford is exactly what drove me to a Toyota. Ya can't get what ya really want.

I'd love to drop the GM driveline in, but the rest...not so much.

Don't know what happen d to GM about 6-8 years ago, when they were usually first to come up with innovation. Now it seems they are always trying to play catch up...and doing a horrible job on some of it.

I'll be looking to get into another Tacoma or...possibly a Colorado in another year, but I'd like to see GM step it up some first.
Um, they went bankrupt. That essentially stopped everything for a while in terms of R&D. To this day they're still catching up from the carnage of 07-09
Old 09-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Mehfoud
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looked at all of them and decided on a 2016 2500 Crew Cab Silverado LTZ with Duramax/Allison in Deep Ocean Blue Metallic. Price was just too damn good.

Couldn't be happier...great interior beautiful power and nice gas mileage. Diesel is only 2.08 where I'm at.