Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Supercharged Caddy, who has one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 08:59 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default Supercharged Caddy, who has one?

I'm interested in the cabin. Is it really quiet on the road, at speed? Insulated well? Are the seats good? The suede looking inserts in the older ones don't look very durable and the leather bolsters look kinda thin and wrinkly. Any concerns with yours?
Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Donuts
Race Director

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

I had a '12 ctsV coupe and loved it. Stock, they are quiet and smooth. The recaros are a little stiff but very comfy for long trips. The Recaro bolsters are the real deal and hold you tight.

My longest day in the saddle was 700 miles and my only problem was stopping for gas 3 times. They suck gas because your foot has a bad habit of putting the pedal to the floor
Old 05-25-2016, 09:29 PM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Had a '11 for 38k miles. The alcantara looked as good as new and the leather held up well. It's not suede.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:24 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Dont have but got to spend some time in a nicely modded (over 6 to the ground) one

Tire roar/noise was definitely there little disappointing
Suede (or whatever it is) touches looked nice interior still had that GM feel though

Overall nice car sure wouldnt turn my nose up at it but if youre expecting Lexus like feel inside probably not. If the Recaros were a little more supple/softer foam maybe that would do it but they were still nice.

Doesnt take much to make them stupid fast, lots of fun noone suspects it if you keep it quiet and stock looking. Awesome fwy cruiser

Last edited by cv67; 05-26-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:54 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Originally Posted by TerryL
I'm interested in the cabin. Is it really quiet on the road, at speed? Insulated well? Are the seats good? The suede looking inserts in the older ones don't look very durable and the leather bolsters look kinda thin and wrinkly. Any concerns with yours?
In the almost four years we have had our '06 STS-V, we have been very pleased with it. The cabin is comfortable and quiet at 75 to 80 mph, but I don't have experience with this car at speed over that.

Mine may have less than normal tire/road noise (subjectively it does seem quieter) since I put a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on it, instead of the stock Continentals. I do know it has much better traction with the Michelins.

As far as cabin noise, the cold air intake on mine lets the blower noise come through while accelerating, especially at more than half throttle. I love that sound, but if quieter is preferred, the stock intake is quiet.

The seats are very comfortable for us, and we appreciate the heated feature in the winter, and the fact that you can remote-start the STS-V and have the seats already warm, ( or cool in the summer) when you get in.

The Cadillac feature that automatically moves the seat all the way to the rear and the steering wheel out of the way for entry/exit is actually more convenient than in my '13 Mercedes SL550, which requires touching and holding the seat adjuster 'till the moving is complete. And the Mercedes does not have the remote start feature, so when you first get in when it is hot or cold outside, you have to wait some for the temp to get where you want it.

The suede-looking inserts in the seats hold up fine, but I did replace the driver side seat bottom leather, due to wear, at 83,000 miles, when I put the Cadillac up for sale. I wanted a smaller, redder roadster, and my sweet bride bought the SL550 for my birthday, hence the for sale ad on my STS-V.

You did not ask about fuel mileage, but mine gets 25-26 mpg on our (all-highway, only one stop) 60 mile round trip to church.

If you get one, and your luck is anything like ours has been, you should love it.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 05-26-2016, 10:54 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Your's has been for sale for over two months now Eddie and I've never been to Wichita Falls...you oughta just swap with me. Aren't Corvette roadsters easier to sell in Texas than Caddys?
Old 05-27-2016, 10:59 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Originally Posted by TerryL
Your's has been for sale for over two months now Eddie and I've never been to Wichita Falls...you oughta just swap with me. Aren't Corvette roadsters easier to sell in Texas than Caddys?

You are certainly welcome to come to Wichita Falls for a visit.

I need to reduce my collection, so a swap would not really work for me. But a friend of mine, Ernie McConnell, runs Lone Star Muscle Cars, around the corner from me, and he sells a lot of Vettes, and I'll allow you whatever he will pay for yours, toward my STS-V, if something like that would work for you. His number is 940-691-1070, if you care to explore that possibility.

Cheers,

EDDie FourFather Hill
Old 05-29-2016, 10:12 AM
LDB
Drifting

Received 1,069 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Tire roar/noise was definitely there little disappointing
After 3 Vettes, I have the 2011 coupe in my avatar and love it. I can't imagine where where the tire noise comment comes from. Maybe that modded car had some sort of super-tires on it. Mine has the stock Michelins. Perhaps there's a slight bit of tire noise relative to family barge, but in comparison to my 3 Vettes (a C4, C5, and C6), the CTSV is quiet as a tomb. You can have a conversation without raising your voice at freeway speed on a concrete freeway, something you'd have to nearly shout to do in a Vette.

I've had no significant issues with mine. The Recaro seats look fine 5 years later. The only minor problem was that the differential started making a bit of noise on sharp turns a few months ago, which apparently is fairly common with CTSV's. But most of the time, including mine, that is solved by changing the oil in the differential. The fluid gets black, apparently from the friction material in the limited slip clutches, so you have to change it. I suppose one might worry a little about whether an occasional differential oil change will keep that under control or whether something more expensive may ultimately be required. But so far so good. It's been essentially trouble free, knock on wood.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:28 AM
MRANT212
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 87 Posts

For the amount of power it's pretty quiet inside! Had a 2012 V sedan and put @40k miles on it. Interior held up well except for the floor mats. Drivers seat bolster did begin to show a little bit of wear. Amazing car and I do miss it. Have an S6 now...ultimate sleeper!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:04 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

I love my Wagon so much I bought 2. Had a 2011 and decided to get the last of the 2014. It's unique. 6 speed, 556 hp, excellent driving dynamics and very comfortable and usable for pax, car parts, road trips, you name it. And mine is purple. I think there are maybe 2 ever made.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharged Caddy, who has one?

Quick Reply: Supercharged Caddy, who has one?