Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

57 Nomad, determining value

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:49 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Default 57 Nomad, determining value

I have a opportunity to purchase a 57 Nomad. Car is all original and looks as though its been stashed in a barn. It's not real pretty and has some floorpan rot as well as frame rust. It is ALL there and completely assembled. Original interior.
How do I determine what the realistic value on the car is?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:26 PM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Look at what good driving restored ones are going for....40-70k. Or solid driving original survivors....30-70k. The problem with a neglected but otherwise complete car is how much restoration it will need to get back in operation and into the shape you can live with. Very easy to spend 100k restoring a Nomad that you got 'cheaply' for 25k.....and end up with a 40k car. If you can do all the work yourself, you're ahead of the game. Still, it is very difficult to come out on top buying a 'fixer' car that needs work. The hook is in the cheap buy-in price. After that, it's cubic money. Some cars, even if they were free, would cost more to get back into service than they would ever be worth. Post photos, and we can be of more help. I picked up a '61 Corvette a year ago that had been sitting in an airplane hanger for over 20 years. I spent less than 2k getting it back on the road and driving. Fortunately, all it needed was some mechanical work---the interior, chrome, and body were saved from being stored inside in a dry building. My car could use a full cosmetic restoration to be show-worthy, but as is, is fine as a '10-footer' driver. So, it depends on what your goals are for the car.
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks Jeff.
Nice score on the 61

Get notified of new replies

To 57 Nomad, determining value