Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2016 Cadillac CTS V - Anyone else drive one???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 09:31 PM
pendan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Cadillac CTS V - Anyone else drive one???

Today I drove a '16 CTS V with the Z06 engine. I was totally shocked and impressed! I could not believe the RIDE! Has anyone else drove or bought one of these bad boys?

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts, as I am totally impressed! After driving Vettes since I was 16 ('64 327 tri power),,,I need a distance machine that my body handle.

Articles and test drives on the internet are quite positive for this 3rd generation. Since I am having trouble enjoying my C7 (distances) as much as I'd like, I thought why not a 4-door version?

Thanks, Mike
Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I'm curious about it too.

Last edited by themonk; 07-20-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Harvey White
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 33 Posts

Picked one up for the wife, she has a black 2016 V. It replaced her 2013 V. Nice car, runs well, nice that they finally added the heads-up display. Several features are similar, NPP exhaust, selectable driver mode. As for the lubrication system, it has a 10 quart wet-sump oil system. As for new (for the V) features, the front parking cameras are nice as well. They also come with adaptive cruise, front collision avoidance and lane change warning (turned the lane change warning off, as it impedes the steering wheel if you change lanes without signaling). It’s a great car, especially for road trips, fast, handles well and comfortable.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

I absolutely unequivocally cannot stand Cue. Every loaner they gave me when my Gen 2 CTSV was being serviced had that god awful system and it's horrendous.

This would kill ownership for me.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:47 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Cue is not very good but it is better than the earlier versions.

I wish they offered in a stick.

We have a 2012 V sedan auto and wish we had bought a stick.

D.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:26 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE
Cue is not very good but it is better than the earlier versions.

I wish they offered in a stick.

We have a 2012 V sedan auto and wish we had bought a stick.

D.
Agree. I dismissed the V3 when there was no manual option. It completely 'made' my V2.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Harvey White
Picked one up for the wife, she has a black 2016 V. It replaced her 2013 V. Nice car, runs well, nice that they finally added the heads-up display. Several features are similar, NPP exhaust, selectable driver mode. As for the lubrication system, it has a 10 quart wet-sump oil system. As for new (for the V) features, the front parking cameras are nice as well. They also come with adaptive cruise, front collision avoidance and lane change warning (turned the lane change warning off, as it impedes the steering wheel if you change lanes without signaling). It’s a great car, especially for road trips, fast, handles well and comfortable.

Kind of a loaded question, but is it worth the money over the V2 you had?

I am thinking of getting one when my C7 Z06 vert sells, or getting the wife a V2
Old 07-21-2016, 08:51 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

The current generation of V-series Cadillacs is awesome!

There's a lot of reviews and tech info on them at the Cadillac V-Net:

http://www.CadillacVnet.com

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 07-21-2016, 03:31 PM
pendan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey White
Thank you for your response Harvey! I lived in Katy for 5 years back in the 90's. Enjoyed the Houston area! That's a very sweet ride your wife has. What are you driving when she has the keys pray tell?
Mike
Old 07-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Harvey White
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pendan
Thank you for your response Harvey! I lived in Katy for 5 years back in the 90's. Enjoyed the Houston area! That's a very sweet ride your wife has. What are you driving when she has the keys pray tell?
Mike
I drive my 2014 C7, it is my daily driver and has 45K miles on it now. The V is her daily driver.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:39 AM
veni vidi vert
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I just picked up a 16 CTSV, that came off of the GM executive lease program.

It had 12k miles, but so far, I have to say it's been great, the price was right, and I got a better than new warranty, and 0% for 6 years.

The ride is very nice, and while it's not on the absolute edge of performance like the C7Z, it's still outstanding.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:33 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

My friend has one and I love the ride, interior and performance. I just can't get past the side and rear styling. I'd be interested if it came in a coupe.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:33 PM
MRANT212
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 87 Posts

The new V3 is an amazing car..pretty much a 4 dr Z06 with some Caddy touches. I had a 2012 V2 sedan and loved it. I was tempted to get a V3 but went with a 14 Audi S6 that was a yr old with 4K miles on it. The Audi is an amazing car but I may switch back to a V and get a V3 in a year or two.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:33 PM
LDB
Drifting

Received 1,069 Likes on 433 Posts

Agree that Cue is abominable. We took a huge $$$$ loss ditching an XTS after only 6 months and 7000 miles, mostly because of the sheer misery of living with Cue. And we aren’t computer or touch screen illiterate. We use and love iPhones and iPads. It’s just Cue that’s a disgrace.

I also agree that besides Cue, they blew it by not offering either a coupe or manual tranny on the new CTSV's. So I’m keeping the 2011 manual coupe in my avatar. It has been and continues to be great.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:07 PM
veni vidi vert
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LDB
Agree that Cue is abominable. We took a huge $$$$ loss ditching an XTS after only 6 months and 7000 miles, mostly because of the sheer misery of living with Cue. And we aren’t computer or touch screen illiterate. We use and love iPhones and iPads. It’s just Cue that’s a disgrace.

I also agree that besides Cue, they blew it by not offering either a coupe or manual tranny on the new CTSV's. So I’m keeping the 2011 manual coupe in my avatar. It has been and continues to be great.
I only spent a few hours in a V2 with the cue, but it seems to work a lot better in the V3. Looks similar, but I'm thinking they upgraded it somehow.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:26 PM
LDB
Drifting

Received 1,069 Likes on 433 Posts

I haven’t driven a 2017 so I can’t categorically rule out that possibility, but since they aren’t bragging about major Cue upgrades, I think it’s unlikely. I test drove an ATSV earlier this year and none of the bad features had been fixed or even improved as of the 2016 model year. It seems slick in a brief test drive, but living with it is a nightmare. I probably wouldn’t have noticed the flaws in the ATS I test drove if I hadn’t known from my sorry XTS experience what to look for. The three worst of a long list of bad features are that your ability to over-ride the automatic AC is very limited, the sound system won’t turn off (it only mutes, so there’s no way to keep your place and have it pick up playing where it left off), and it takes multiple menu layers to do practically anything (which requires dangerous amounts of time with eyes off the road). That said, I don’t want to blast Caddy and GM too hard as I think they basically make good cars. I just wish they’d fix Cue like BMW fixed iDrive. I remember that iDrive was universally hated in its early years, but it has evolved nicely. My wife is very happy with the iDrive in her 550 that she got to replace Cue and the XTS.

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 Cadillac CTS V - Anyone else drive one???

Quick Reply: 2016 Cadillac CTS V - Anyone else drive one???