Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

4 years of Ford GT production

Old 08-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 4 years of Ford GT production

FYI:

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif., – Applicants and fans of the Ford GT can rejoice as Ford Performance is adding two more years of production for the all-new carbon fiber supercar. The announcement comes on the heels of letters sent to potential customers notifying them of their application status to purchase the car.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:41 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Isn't that bad for the ones that were already getting cars? Two more years means 50% less rare.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:24 AM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Isn't that bad for the ones that were already getting cars? Two more years means 50% less rare.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Vette_Minded
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what happens if a mid engine Vette hits the market in the middle of the GT production for less the half the price and equal or better performance? Seems kind of risky for the buyer and the GT's image.

Last edited by Vette_Minded; 08-24-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:47 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_Minded
So what happens if a mid engine Vette hits the market in the middle of the GT production for less the half the price and equal or better performance? Seems kind of risky for the buyer and the GT's image.
I don't think that would make much of a difference to be honest. Back when the last gen Ford GT came out the 2006 C6 Z06 was offering more performance for way less than half the price. Those cars still ended up going up in value since their release.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:55 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

When I flew to Texas to buy Eddie Hill's Supercharged Caddy he showed me his immaculate GT among his other toys. When he tilted open the rear something didn't look right and Eddie said yeah, I put a bigger supercharger on it...This from a guy who has already gone over 300 mph! Gotta love that guy! His DD is now a twin turbo Mercedes roadster.

Last edited by TerryL; 08-24-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:55 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Originally Posted by TerryL
When I flew to Texas to buy Eddie Hill's Supercharged Caddy he showed me his immaculate GT among his other toys. When he tilted open the rear something didn't look right and Eddie said yeah, I put a bigger supercharger on it...This from a guy who has already gone over 300 mph! Gotta love that guy! His DD is now a twin turbo Mercedes roadster.
Thanks, Terry. My '06 Ford GT Heritage edition (Gulf racing blue and orange paint) has been my best investment over the last ten years, better than land appreciation. And a lot more fun than any other investment that I know of.

That is why I submitted an application for the opportunity to purchase a new one, and I just last week received my acceptance letter. Whether I can actually be able to make the purchase when the time comes, remains to be seen, but what an honor to be one of the few accepted out of so many thousands of applicants.

Here is my/now Terry's Cadillac STS-V, behind the Ford GT. I absolutely loved that STS-V!

Last edited by FourFather; 09-01-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:53 AM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Congratulations Eddie! Will you keep both? Maybe you can sell me a few acres on your ranch for the 'down payment' on the new GT...

Got new dampers on the V and I'm going to head up the coast highway to test them out, maybe go on into Oregon and over to Crater Lake NP...maybe even Pike's Peak. I love retirement. Say hi to Ercie for me and take care Eddie.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:26 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Originally Posted by TerryL
Congratulations Eddie! Will you keep both? Maybe you can sell me a few acres on your ranch for the 'down payment' on the new GT...

Got new dampers on the V and I'm going to head up the coast highway to test them out, maybe go on into Oregon and over to Crater Lake NP...maybe even Pike's Peak. I love retirement. Say hi to Ercie for me and take care Eddie.
At this point I don't see how I could pay for the new one without selling this one, but I am so in love with my '06--A real first world problem, thank you Lord!

Ercie says hi! and that your trip sounds like a lot of fun. We are both working today at my eddiehillsfuncycles.com dealership- we still work three days a week, even though I'm eighty now. But we are both very grateful to be healthy enough to still race and work!

Eddie FourFather Hill

Get notified of new replies

To 4 years of Ford GT production

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 years of Ford GT production