Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2013 WRX Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:02 PM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts
Default 2013 WRX Exhaust Question

My sister was asking me about her 2013 Subaru WRX 5 Door Hatchback today. She said she lost one of her exhaust tips on the freeway and was unable to pick it up. I was wondering if there's anyway to replace this piece without having to replace the whole muffler. I've been having trouble finding the part or the part number. I'm going to try calling a local dealer tomorrow. I know she did pay extra for an upgraded exhaust system, but it is factory. I believe it's the SPT exhaust just going by the picture. I know a lot of you guys drive WRX's so any help is appreciated.
Attached Images   
Old 09-19-2016, 11:52 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

I doubt they'd sell just the one section of pipe and tip honestly. A good shop might be able to weld and bend something up, but I'd expect that she's going to be best off just getting a new set of axle backs.

SPT is the equivalent of Mopar or SLP, they're probably not going to have replacement part numbers for items within a sellable item. She might be able to contact SPT directly, but it's a long shot I'd say.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:58 AM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I doubt they'd sell just the one section of pipe and tip honestly. A good shop might be able to weld and bend something up, but I'd expect that she's going to be best off just getting a new set of axle backs.

SPT is the equivalent of Mopar or SLP, they're probably not going to have replacement part numbers for items within a sellable item. She might be able to contact SPT directly, but it's a long shot I'd say.
That's what I was thinking too. I'm guessing she'll have to buy the whole entire muffler. I'm just wondering how it could fall off that easily and it's only three years old.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:41 AM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Still under warranty?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:36 PM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by White Out
Still under warranty?
Nope. Too old and too many miles on it.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:25 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Well crap.

I'd look for a subtle aftermarket exhaust then; Cobb, Perrin, HKS, Magnaflow, etc. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in new. You might be able to find a good, used system on NAIOC.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:15 PM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by White Out
Well crap.

I'd look for a subtle aftermarket exhaust then; Cobb, Perrin, HKS, Magnaflow, etc. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in new. You might be able to find a good, used system on NAIOC.
My mechanic recommended not going with SPT again since it crapped out after three years. We were thinking of just going aftermarket such as those, but I'm not very well informed when it comes to Subaru exhausts. Just from some quick research on YouTube, I really like the sound of Borla and Corsa, but she doesn't want to spend that kind of money. It's really hard to tell what sounds good on some of these terrible YouTube videos. She wants something that has a lot of bass like the SPT. Under $1,000 is preferable.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:52 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

I actually have a new STI on order and have been researching what axlebacks to do on them. If she can deal with a bit more sound, I think the muffler delete axlebacks sound best. Very deep and you get to hear that nice boxer sound really well. But it's pretty aggressive when you get on it. That's what I plan to get when my 17 STI comes in.

Honestly, for a few hundred bucks I'm sure a decent muffler shop could get her some new tips on that system and a new pipe to replace the one that fell off. And the nice part there is they could make sure everything is welded up nicely. I wouldn't spend big money to replace the whole system instead of tacking some new tips on.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:03 AM
pappy.72
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I had a Borla system on my 04 STi and it was very well built and sounded awesome. I miss that car...
Old 09-22-2016, 01:31 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DeStreGa5
My mechanic recommended not going with SPT again since it crapped out after three years. We were thinking of just going aftermarket such as those, but I'm not very well informed when it comes to Subaru exhausts. Just from some quick research on YouTube, I really like the sound of Borla and Corsa, but she doesn't want to spend that kind of money. It's really hard to tell what sounds good on some of these terrible YouTube videos. She wants something that has a lot of bass like the SPT. Under $1,000 is preferable.
We offer 2 catback systems for the WRX which can both be had for <$1000. If she was just looking for something just a little louder than stock for day to day driving, the Street system would be the way to go! You can find more info on them here on our site:

Street-http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=15471

Competition-http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=15472

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 09-22-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Witt748
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a Corsa I need to get rid of all boxed up and ready to ship, if she's interested. GREAT sounding exhaust.

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 WRX Exhaust Question

Quick Reply: 2013 WRX Exhaust Question