Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2003 1500HD OBDII Monitors always show "not supported"

Old 11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
cadallante87
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2003 1500HD OBDII Monitors always show "not supported"

Took my stock truck in to get emissions done and failed due to "not supported". "Not ready" is different. So I changed the tune with HPtuners to put the dtc's to no. 3 not reported and still getting the samething. Bad pcm? Can't find anything on the web with a comparable situation. Anyone ever see this?
Old 11-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I have not seen this, but what monitors are coming back as not supported ? My best guess would be something in the tune (EGR, Heated o2, etc.) is not being recognized by the computer.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:57 PM
cadallante87
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
I have not seen this, but what monitors are coming back as not supported ? My best guess would be something in the tune (EGR, Heated o2, etc.) is not being recognized by the computer.
Tune was stock. Even double checked it with another known stock tune. Then I changed the tune according to how others get around emissions and it still won't ready.

Catalyst, heated catalyst, evap, sec. air system, a/c, o2, and egr all come up "not supported". With stock tune and with "do not report" tune. I'm baffled here. I have an extra 411 pcm from my vette. Gonna read if I can toss that in. Any ideas anyone!? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

If all of those are coming up as not supported there has to be a problem with the tune. They all make sense on a heavily modified car except for the A/C, but withoug going line by line in the programming it will be hard to find. It sounds like the drivers are not present for those PIDs in the tune you have. BTW, you called it a "stock" tune, but if the ECM/PCM was modified in any way it is no longer stock.

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 1500HD OBDII Monitors always show "not supported"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 1500HD OBDII Monitors always show "not supported"