Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

67 Camaro - how will mods affect value?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Coach62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I was considering upgrading the brakes and doing a power brake conversion.

I am going to leave it stock otherwise.

Last edited by Coach62; 11-21-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by White Out
The best financial return, keep it stock.

Acknowledge future value and mod it, keep the stock parts and don't make any permanent modifications.

Not caring about future value, do whatever you want.
Your post makes it seem like the value of your car and it retaining its current value whatever that is in this market is what it is most important to you and keeping it as close to original and stock always brings the biggest $.

If you want to modify it or turn it into a resto mod or pro touring 67 Camaro then buy one already done on somebody elses dime.

I also have a highly modified 67 Camaro making 750HP with its 565 ci Dart Big Block and 1000 HP on N20, I bought it already highly modified and paid 1/2 for what somebody else modified it into.

Keep yours stock, or if you want a modified one instead, buy one to add to your collection or sell yours in stock condition and then buy one.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 11-21-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:18 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

A buyer will want that cause its stock....and cant afford 30-40k for a flashy and probably fake rs/ss. Plus the options are not common, its unique and will appeal in that sense.

Lets face it these old cars are SO overpriced...

if I was you leave or fix the little rust redo the butternut I dig it
EVERY camaro out there is blue red black etc. Focus on what it is you and youre buyer will be happier
They all put stripes and spoilers on...

I say leave it...maybe get away with a power front disc kit..safe, cheap doubt it would hurt value. You dont need 4 wheel disc
The shop that yelled at you....boo hoo.Every one has a cowl hood crate motor overdone this/that the more unique the better

Found a 2 dr 67 Biscayne 427/4spd white/blue car wtih 0 options not even a heater GOTTA have it because its an odd duck. Just sayin...theres a crowd for yours and its growing stronger.

He just wants youre money and hack up a good car
I love mods big time but there are cars you just shouldnt cut up yours is one. Worked in a shop yrs ago that restored Gen 1 F bods I have never ever seen one like that. Odd combo that is supercool.

Last edited by cv67; 11-23-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:33 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Not a lot of experienced advice here. Base V8 automatic, butternut yellow 67 is worth 30-35k tops. It is not a desirable trim level or color. Tastefully modded first gens are always worth more than stock, unless the car is a rare or desirable trim level. Mods are certainly not worth 50 cents on the dollar with first gens, that really only applies to newer cars. Most of us get back every dollar invested into a clean first gen. Keep the entire build under $70k, with the best parts, and you will be fine. Go cheap on parts, and people will notice, and that may hurt value. Shoppers recognize brand names, and will pay extra for the good stuff.

Negative on the 4-link and Ford 9". Do mini tubs, Detroit Speed Quadralink or SpeedTech torque arm, with a narrowed 12-bolt. Get good brakes, Wilwood or Baer. Nice forged wheels, 345 tire in the rear. Match brands on front suspension. Then LS engine swap.

Better sites are pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net

Check out the cars I have built in my signature.

Tony
Old 11-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Mods depends on potential buyers. pro mods have a limited market. I would add spoilers and cowl hood. maybe stripes. There are nice Pro Street cars that can be found for less than it will cost to build a pro mod with a color change.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:21 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Kevova
Mods depends on potential buyers. pro mods have a limited market. I would add spoilers and cowl hood. maybe stripes. There are nice Pro Street cars that can be found for less than it will cost to build a pro mod with a color change.
The reality is that Resto Mods and Pro Touring cars do bring big money as Nineball points out, BUT, to spend the $ it would take to make this car into a true Pro Touring Camaro will take big $, and whoever builds a Pro Touring machine or Resto Mod usually sells it for less then he spent to build it! If you want a sweet bad *** Pro Touring Gen 1 Camaro buy one that somebody else has spent big $ on for .60 cents on his dollar. I have owned many, many, bad *** old school and modern muscle cars over the last 20 years and this has been my experience 100%. Those who build cars and then sell usually almost always lose $. Those who do their due dilligence and find a sweet Pro Touring or Resto Mod car that has been built right by somebody else (yes you have to have the car professionally checked out bf buying it), usually can buy the car for a lot less $ than the guy who built it as a general rule of thumb.

Don't turn your car into a serious Pro Touring machine or Resto mod unless your doing it for yourself and you plan on keeping it a long time. If your satisfied with what you have do a few minor upgrades like you suggest if you plan on keeping the car otherwise just leave her stock if you concerned about money on your investment and what is the most prudent thing to do from a economic $ standpoint.

Best of luck to you whatever you end up doing!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 11-27-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:06 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

I agree with Tony, there's a lot of restomods that fetch more money than a stock Z28. If you sell your car chances are pretty good it will get restomodded by the guy that buys it.

But, since you've said you're gonna keep it mostly stock I'd go ahead and put Wilwood's on all four corners and would give serious consideration to a posi 12 bolt while you're tearing into it.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Focus on what the car is not what it doesnt have to get your buyer theres always the guy who wants something different or an oddball package believe me.

Everyone has spoilers, cowl hood stripes. Yours is different...if the buyer wants to follow the herd fine who cares. How many out there are like yours? Very few if any.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:59 PM
TD-Machines
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think you need a 9" ford differential for a small block chevy.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Millenium 04
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep that beautiful ride stock
Old 12-05-2016, 01:10 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,034 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Stock is best.

Quick Reply: 67 Camaro - how will mods affect value?