Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

It doesn't just happen to Corvettes

Old 11-22-2016, 06:37 PM
twilhelm39
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 61 Posts
Default It doesn't just happen to Corvettes

I took my Audi S3 to the dealer for its 10k oil change/checkup. They called me 2 hours later and said I needed a front end alignment (of course everything else was free and they needed to make money) so I said go for it. My better half picked it up 7 hours later because I was busy and the next morning I noticed the side skirts on both sides were pulled away from the car. I took it back in immediately and told them they didn't use jack pucks when they lifted it off the ground and the service guy said no way would they do that. After 2 hours of them taking pictures and videos they came back and told me it was their fault and they would fix it. It needed both side skirts and new rockers. They also said it was the first S3 they jacked up and it has different lift points than the A3.

Anyway it doesn't just happen to our Corvettes. I never thought of telling them to pay attention or even hanging out like I do when I take my Z51 in.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:00 PM
my4thand last
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about you damage with the dealer. I have had similar experiences, the dealer that services my vette told me he would not touch my Hummer so I continue to drive it 45 miles away to a Cadillac dealer that hired certified Hummer Techs when Hummer went bye-bye. my neighbors always tell me about the great auto shop down the street and I just smile and shake my head (not to put down any private repair shops) but you always need techs that know your car. the dealer that services the vette also works on my wife's limited edition Pontiac GP.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:13 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by twilhelm39
I took my Audi S3 to the dealer for its 10k oil change/checkup. They called me 2 hours later and said I needed a front end alignment (of course everything else was free and they needed to make money) so I said go for it. My better half picked it up 7 hours later because I was busy and the next morning I noticed the side skirts on both sides were pulled away from the car. I took it back in immediately and told them they didn't use jack pucks when they lifted it off the ground and the service guy said no way would they do that. After 2 hours of them taking pictures and videos they came back and told me it was their fault and they would fix it. It needed both side skirts and new rockers. They also said it was the first S3 they jacked up and it has different lift points than the A3.

Anyway it doesn't just happen to our Corvettes. I never thought of telling them to pay attention or even hanging out like I do when I take my Z51 in.
This is why it pays to change your own oil.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:23 PM
twilhelm39
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbruce
This is why it pays to change your own oil.
I know, but the service plan came with it and they do more than change the oil. Plus I have 4 cars and if I changed my own oil I'd be doing it all the time.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:54 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,425 Likes on 2,792 Posts

I seem to recall a lot of people having the same exact thing happen to them in Corvettes actually. Dealer techs not used to the cars (or not thinking) will do it no matter what. It was very common on C6s for a while.

If it makes you feel any better, they couldn't get my C6GS onto a lift one time. It was too wide to drive onto it.

Get notified of new replies

To It doesn't just happen to Corvettes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It doesn't just happen to Corvettes