Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Non C7 Tech Question - ECM

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 10:57 AM
toph1206
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Non C7 Tech Question - ECM

Not a corvette question but this board is so responsive I wanted to give it a try.

My other car (besides the awesome C7) is a 2006 Lexus IS250. It recently wouldn't start and had it taken to my buddys shop. They replaced the starter and the car still won't start. Based on their tests they believe I need a new ECU.

I called a lexus dealership to see if they will do the re-program and they will. However, two different dealerships have told me that they would be surprised if its the ECU because they rarely go bad.

I can get the part for 400, then another $250 to have it reprogrammed. I am concerned it may not be the root of the problem. Anyone have any thoughts or familiarity with a similar issue?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

No start conditions can be very hard to pin down without a lot of information. Is there any codes in the computer ? Is the starter relay getting power ? Is the security system locked out ? I could go on and on. If you replaced the starter I am guessing that the car would not turn over (crank), did you verify that the starter was getting a crank signal ?

Quick Reply: Non C7 Tech Question - ECM