Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Viper

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:05 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by gymdoc
As a former Viper owner I find the crowd on this forum to be a bunch of kitties in comparison to the viper forum.. Correct me if I'm wrong Jetlag, but if you saw the types of comments made on this forum being made on ViperAlley you'd get kicked off after getting your a$$ rimmed.. Everybody here praises how each others Z06's are so pretty with all the extra bling and dress-up crap.. my god man, no viper owner would ever put something on their car if didn't serve a functional purpose....

I mean look at some of the topics here.. its either about a new car order, or CAI, or X-pipe, or how much HP the CAI adds.. or high fiving each other on their new car, or my favorite: I picked up my new Z.. how is everyone washing their Z? REALLY??

Viper is badass.. I totaled my gen4, and sadly Gen5 didn't come in convertible which was a deal breaker so I had to settle back to a vette.

Additionally the viper has that rarity coolness where as you see multiple vettes on any given day..

And on this off topic car section I still see a lot of love for the awesome, rare, unique, raw, in your face Vipers (all Generations but Gen IV is by far my favorite with its 600 n/a horsepower and extra aggressive bad azz looking exterior body stlying with zero nanny controls, the last of true Neanderthals)!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 12-23-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:52 AM
MikeSVT04
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jetlag
Meh, It's one of those things.

Same could be said of the A8 in Corvettes. Some people are now adamant about not taking the risk on those

I love my GenV, it's an amazing car. I guess I'm just selling it to go with a A8 C7Z.

I figure I'll trade in a junk motor for a junk transmission.

(Disclaimer: This is all in good fun, no flame suit please)

Is it a widespread issue with the gen v? Do the recalls actually fix the issue?
Old 12-23-2016, 05:03 AM
Kurac
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 13 and 14's potentially had oil consumption issues. This was fixed by 15. In fact, on a Viper Dyno day earlier this year, my brother, who owned a '13, showed me dyno numbers for various stock Vipers, and the +15's made a good amount of power more over the 13-14's
Old 12-23-2016, 07:35 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurac
The 13 and 14's potentially had oil consumption issues. This was fixed by 15. In fact, on a Viper Dyno day earlier this year, my brother, who owned a '13, showed me dyno numbers for various stock Vipers, and the +15's made a good amount of power more over the 13-14's
This is simply not true, the problem is on all years, but it isn't as many cars as people are making it out to be , it's just a hit or miss, I have a 14 that has not used a drop, power is the same across the board, dynos vary.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Truth is you have way too much emotion around here. I'm guessing this thread started in C7Z???

Too many guys react to criticism and any feedback that isn't positive like as if it were their wife/kids being spoken about.

Just the other day I posted in the "ring time" thread and was called a "vipertroll" by poster #5. Nothing was said about Vipers, but because I own 1 and feel that its total bullchyt that the time was never released (like promised by GM), I not only was labeled a troll but a vipertroll. Translation - own something other than a vette (esp a formidable competitor), your opinion doesn't matter. This is the attitude high school girls should have, not grown men.

Whats totally comical is that I still own a vette and have owned several (more than Vipers) and have been around here longer than that poster. This is the corvette forum...true....so should we not discuss other cars....LMAO...I cant ever rem going to the track/races/cars and coffee and only discussing the car I own. Pretty lame. Sure some of the viper owner started clowning guys over here and maybe some took it to far....but for some others, it was because they couldn't believe how sensitive some are over here and how they reacted and so they did it for entertainment.

When the C7Z first came out, indeed I was a critic of it, and like many, when concerns are expressed and they didn't align with the fanbois, you're labeled disrespectful and a troll, pretty pathetic in my honest opinion. Whats even funnier, is eventually, Ill probably still wind up adding a C7Z to the stable.

As for the Viper, I'm on my 3rd one. Currently a VE stage 2 ACR-E. If youre a true sports car enthusiast, I do not see how you cant be a fan of this car. The car is true to its roots like no other and is totally and entirely exactly what its meant to be.

Very well said. It has amazed me to see how many C7Z owners get overly defensive and hostile towards anybody who dares even question anything that might be less than perfect about their cars. It becomes way too personal to them and is possibly ego driven. I have no problem recognizing and discussing any weaknesses or shortcomings of my C6Z and I thought the C6 GS was a great looking package, rather than a threat to the status of the Z06. I simply don't understand why some of these folks feel threatened by any indication that their car isn't perfect or by any other car that might just take attention away from it. Sad.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Les
Very well said. It has amazed me to see how many C7Z owners get overly defensive and hostile towards anybody who dares even question anything that might be less than perfect about their cars. It becomes way too personal to them and is possibly ego driven. I have no problem recognizing and discussing any weaknesses or shortcomings of my C6Z and I thought the C6 GS was a great looking package, rather than a threat to the status of the Z06. I simply don't understand why some of these folks feel threatened by any indication that their car isn't perfect or by any other car that might just take attention away from it. Sad.
exactly...Thanks Les
Old 12-25-2016, 12:35 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

***** envy. I want a Gen V so damn bad!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 12:50 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by gymdoc
As a former Viper owner I find the crowd on this forum to be a bunch of kitties in comparison to the viper forum.. Correct me if I'm wrong Jetlag, but if you saw the types of comments made on this forum being made on ViperAlley you'd get kicked off after getting your a$$ rimmed.. Everybody here praises how each others Z06's are so pretty with all the extra bling and dress-up crap.. my god man, no viper owner would ever put something on their car if didn't serve a functional purpose....

I mean look at some of the topics here.. its either about a new car order, or CAI, or X-pipe, or how much HP the CAI adds.. or high fiving each other on their new car, or my favorite: I picked up my new Z.. how is everyone washing their Z? REALLY??

Viper is badass.. I totaled my gen4, and sadly Gen5 didn't come in convertible which was a deal breaker so I had to settle back to a vette.

Additionally the viper has that rarity coolness where as you see multiple vettes on any given day..
Old 01-01-2017, 03:23 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Viper alley is very different from the VOA forum. Complete lack of civility on the Alley. VOA much classier with more substantive info.Wish I bought a Viper sooner. Love my gen 2 GTS. Great looking, great handling car. I enjoy my new Z as well. Very different cars, both a blast to drive. All the members of my local Viper group respect the Z. Most of the crap on forums is phony, tough guys hiding behind a keyboard.
I'm just as comfortable with Viper guys as Vette guys. We are all car guys.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
Viper alley is very different from the VOA forum. Complete lack of civility on the Alley. VOA much classier with more substantive info.Wish I bought a Viper sooner. Love my gen 2 GTS. Great looking, great handling car. I enjoy my new Z as well. Very different cars, both a blast to drive. All the members of my local Viper group respect the Z. Most of the crap on forums is phony, tough guys hiding behind a keyboard.
Well said. Funny thing is, MANY guys who own Vipers owned Vettes in the past.

Glad you're really enjoying them both. The older Viper has a specialness that only few ppl can appreciate IMHO. Keep enjoying them both in good health.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Well said. Funny thing is, MANY guys who own Vipers owned Vettes in the past.

Glad you're really enjoying them both. The older Viper has a specialness that only few ppl can appreciate IMHO. Keep enjoying them both in good health.
Thanks. I'm sure you're enjoying that ACR
Old 01-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by capevettes
100% well said!

Quick Reply: Viper