Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

The Vector

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Default The Vector

I thought you guys might enjoy the pictures I took a while back at a car auction in Palm Springs, CA I remember these cars when they came out but never saw one in person... then... I see two Vectors on the same day!

The silver Vector was customized, however it was hard to get any good pictures because it was under the tent in a tight place. It didn't sell at $925,000.

Last edited by Zrxmax; 01-18-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add more pictures
Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Period correct color too!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:14 PM
acroy
Le Mans Master

Received 1,386 Likes on 836 Posts

Sweet
I had a poster of that (in black) on my wall as a kid.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Vectors always amuse me, especially with the bench seat, and I cannot stop myself from getting excited when I see one. But they are just crap. I'm pretty sure Vector's business model became "let's see how badly we can fk up a Diablo with GM parts and cover it with a crazy *** body"

Last edited by White Out; 01-18-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by White Out
Vectors always amuse me, especially with the bench seat, and I cannot stop myself from getting excited when I see one. But they are just crap. I'm pretty sure Vector's business model became "let's see how badly we can fk up a Diablo with GM parts and cover it with a crazy *** body"
You don't like the body? It was what set it apart from the other cars of that time. It is a bit on the busy side of styling as compared to the C4 Corvettes back then.

Regardless of build quality it was an outside the box design that looked amazing imho... others... not so much.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Zrxmax
You don't like the body? It was what set it apart from the other cars of that time. It is a bit on the busy side of styling as compared to the C4 Corvettes back then.

Regardless of build quality it was an outside the box design that looked amazing imho... others... not so much.
The cars were insane during their time. The technology and materials used in them was very cutting edge at the time. But they were mostly hype AFAIK they only built 20 or so. Consider yourself lucky, because I doubt 99.99% of car enthusiasts will ever even see one in person.
The chances of seeing one out there in the wild are incredibly slim so to see two at one place is pretty amazing.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...o-first-drive/

S.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 AM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrxmax

I like the exterior designs of all of the models. They were and still are outrageous designs, like a concept car that became reality.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:05 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I used to see them fairly regularly on my way home from work on the 405 near LAX. People would go crazy when they saw one. At the time they were pretty sweet.

Get notified of new replies

To The Vector