Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Birkin build

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 06:53 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Engine is back together, flywheel and pressure plate on, drive line ready to be completed bolted together. You set the drive line on the floor and lift the car over it. Next step. After the drive train is in, it is a matter of connecting up everything. The wiring harness is in place, mostly a matter of connecting everything up. Front end of the fuel system needs to be plumbed, pressure regulator, fuel rail and return line. The Racepak dash wired.

I decided to go old school and just use foam cushions for seats just like the original Lotus 7.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:33 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

The Birkin is alive!

Old 07-30-2019, 07:14 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Congrats on getting it completed. I expect you will have a lot of fun with it.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:09 AM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Been trying to jump through the hoops trying to get it registered, weight ticket, inspected by ASE Mechanic, etc. Still need to get cops to inspect VIN.

Car is a blast to drive, probably faster in the 1/4 than my '16 Z51 M7. A few creaks and such because the suspension is all solid, not rubber bushings. Looks like something over 200 crank hp on a car that is under 1,200 lbs, no driver full of fuel. Car has throttle body fuel injection all computer. Starts and runs fine, doesn't overheat in traffic. Has Racepak IQ3 digital dash so everything, speedo, tach, gauges, etc is in display. Speedo is GPS.

Car draws attention like I was driving around naked. Folks honk an point, wave with all their fingers. Rich Arab student from the college next door followed me home. Wife said there was a Mexican in the driveway honking. Guy wants to buy the car on the spot before he even asked what was. Guy followed me to DMV and caught me inside. Turns out to be a student pilot at NAS Kingsville.

Taking it to the autocross at Waldron Field Saturday and Sunday. There is another Birkin, older live axle car that usually runs, trailered car.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:22 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Got the Birkin registered for the street, Custom Car tags requiring no annual inspection or front plate.

Got me a Dragy and did some testing, 12.52 1/4, 4.18 0 - 60 on the initial tune. I figure I can get into high 11s and sub 4 0 - 60 with some tweeking a practice.

Quick Reply: Birkin build