Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2017 Viper: Sweeeeeet Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Wulverine
**** brother, I'm not worried about what your *** fits like in the drivers seat. My question is whether or not this *** will fit on the passenger side.

WOW, just WOW, smoking hot *** and babe!!

OP,

Do it man, go grab it, that is on the baddest *** color combos on what is sure to be a collectible (with Viper being history after this year) and this life is just too short.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Kurac
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm 5'11 230lbs, and fit OK once you get used to the tight cockpit. But put on a helmet and my head hits the roof. I needed to recline the seat back just to get any minor clearance.

Have you driven one yet? Be warned that the exhaust note is disappointing.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:04 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

is that a picnic table on the rear? you'll need that downforce driving to wally world parking lot.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by SLO VETTE
is that a picnic table on the rear? you'll need that downforce driving to wally world parking lot.
The ACR is primarily designed to be a track weapon- something it's really good at. Have you seen the spy photos of the possible ZR1? It has a rear wing very much like the ACR.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Old 02-04-2017, 05:39 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

That is a really cool car.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

same way theres a need for 650hp to get to wally world....

this is a sports car forum - since when is need part of this...?
Old 02-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Les
but I'm pretty sure that option adds quite a bit to the overall operating costs.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:58 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

Yep, totally understand that, not knocking it's function.

I still think it's fugly as all get out, esp. when just driving it on the roads which is where most of those cars will end up.

Does this have a Costco picnic table on the back enabling it to go like stink? Nope!

Bobefet: agreed!

Originally Posted by Les
The ACR is primarily designed to be a track weapon- something it's really good at. Have you seen the spy photos of the possible ZR1? It has a rear wing very much like the ACR.

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 02-05-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

I still think it's fugly as all get out, esp. when just driving it on the roads which is where most of those cars will end up.

Does this have a Costco picnic table on the back enabling it to go like stink? Nope!

I think most folks would agree, that's a beautiful car. For another $100,000 it should be. They're two very different cars made for two very different markets. I respect them both. The ACR is simply wicked, and it doesn't pretend to be otherwise. It fulfills its purpose in spades. If the rear wing didn't have a practical purpose I'd ask why they put it on the car. Since I know how well it works, it's a non-issue. I'd have that car in a heartbeat and would drive it proudly- and I'd absolutely track it. There's room here for all kinds of opinions and you've expressed yours. I suspect you aren't a buyer for the ACR. For those who have bought the car, I'll bet they aren't concerned about folks who don't like the rear wing. They're probably too busy enjoying the car to even think about it.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I have absolutely 0 issue with anyones opinion about any car just to be clear . However, your comparison doesn't make a point as Les so eloquently points out below....N by the way, that car is a beauty and would own one in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by Les
I think most folks would agree, that's a beautiful car. For another $100,000 it should be. They're two very different cars made for two very different markets. I respect them both. The ACR is simply wicked, and it doesn't pretend to be otherwise. It fulfills its purpose in spades. If the rear wing didn't have a practical purpose I'd ask why they put it on the car. Since I know how well it works, it's a non-issue. I'd have that car in a heartbeat and would drive it proudly- and I'd absolutely track it. There's room here for all kinds of opinions and you've expressed yours. I suspect you aren't a buyer for the ACR. For those who have bought the car, I'll bet they aren't concerned about folks who don't like the rear wing. They're probably too busy enjoying the car to even think about it.
Really nothing to add here .

When I'm in my ACR, I know I'm in the closest thing to an actual race car on the streets and I didn't do anything to make it that way...Dodge did it all. You hit the nail on the head with "its wicked and doesn't pretend to be otherwise"...It is true all the way to its roots and ppl break their necks everywhere to get a look. How could you be worried about what negative thoughts ppl may have towards the car....but this should apply to whatever you drive in my book.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Yukon Corleone
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

**** brother, I'm not worried about what your *** fits like in the drivers seat. My question is whether or not this *** will fit on the passenger side.

She is nice. She looks like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:50 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

That is a GTS-R... best hurry and go in to look at it. at 145k, that's a fair price. those are all going to get snatched up quick.
good luck!
Aj
Old 02-22-2017, 01:40 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

[QUOTE=SLO VETTE;1594026966]Yep, totally understand that, not knocking it's function.

Slo Vette,

Yeah that Ferrari is awful purty and athletic looking but that Viper, and even more so the Gen IV ACRs, are just plain bad azz, in your face, aggressive, a take no prisoner type of car, where the Ferrari is refined, dainty, and sleek. I know which car I would own and do own, all day long (even if they worth (or cost) the exact same amount of $.

This all comes down to the old expression as they say:

Different strokes for different folks!!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-22-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 2017 Viper: Sweeeeeet Pics...