Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

0-60, 2.27s - Tesla P100DL

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:37 PM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

My buddy had the 60 version. It felt quick but I did not like the car.

One day it wouldn't start. He called Tesla and they remotely connected to the car and told him the firmware on the computer was corrupt and they would send someone out to fix it. Two days later someone showed up and fixed the car. If this was a primary car for someone any regular mechanic cannot take a look. I borrowed it with 120 miles remaining on the dash. beat on it for literally like 2 minutes and it went down to 60-70 miles remaining. Also, with the glass roof it gets VERY hot inside the car. The back seat passengers were all complaining. Cool idea, not for me.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:58 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I'd have one if they were fullsize like an Audi S8 or Merc S class. But the front seat is smallish and the back seat is tiny (children only) due to the roofline. And I'm not a giant.

0 to 60 is cool I guess if you want to brag on the internet.
It sure is, and they sure do. And deservedly so, it's a smokin' time.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:33 PM
E in Phila
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
0 to 60 is cool I guess if you want to brag on the internet. But I don't really care about it. Go ahead beat me from a stoplight, I'm just going to the next one.

The pleasure of beating someone 0 to 60 at a red light doesn't outdo the fact that you look like a tool in a tesla. You're driving the car equivalent of a millenial, upset that they aren't making money despite being given government money and people throwing money at them, and complaining about the rules because they don't want to have to follow them.

It'll be exciting when people realize Tesla is a piped ream company and the assets are liquidated. EV may have a brief future while hydrogen fuel cells are perfected, but Tesla is the next DeLorean, just with a lot more people buying in to a company that doesn't make money and is probably about to lose its largest revenue stream (carbon credits).

They are the most innovative company on the planet and they will be cash flow positive this year.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 AM
SHARKBITEATTACK
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Best humiliation of how fast teslas are. start at 3:10
Old 02-17-2017, 01:33 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by E in Phila

They are the most innovative company on the planet and they will be cash flow positive this year.
OMG a likeminded individual on CF! Nice to meet you!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 AM
KICKIT
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SLEEKVET
Yes that thing is fast and 1/4 mile at 10.5 @ 125 mph, but it also costs $146,000
Pretty cheap for how more technically advance it is over the others.

Compared to other marquee sedans like a MB S65 amg or Panny turbo S both over 200k
and it blows them away.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:47 AM
KICKIT
Racer

Originally Posted by FAUEE
0 to 60 is cool I guess if you want to brag on the internet. But I don't really care about it. Go ahead beat me from a stoplight, I'm just going to the next one.

The pleasure of beating someone 0 to 60 at a red light doesn't outdo the fact that you look like a tool in a tesla. You're driving the car equivalent of a millenial, upset that they aren't making money despite being given government money and people throwing money at them, and complaining about the rules because they don't want to have to follow them.

It'll be exciting when people realize Tesla is a piped ream company and the assets are liquidated. EV may have a brief future while hydrogen fuel cells are perfected, but Tesla is the next DeLorean, just with a lot more people buying in to a company that doesn't make money and is probably about to lose its largest revenue stream (carbon credits).
They aren't going anywhere but up for the foreseeable future
stock approaching $300 share and over 400k cars on order for their next release the MODEL 3
just wish i bought more stock at $50 share
Old 02-24-2017, 10:40 AM
E in Phila
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
OMG a likeminded individual on CF! Nice to meet you!
Old 02-27-2017, 03:22 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KICKIT
Pretty cheap for how more technically advance it is over the others.

Compared to other marquee sedans like a MB S65 amg or Panny turbo S both over 200k
and it blows them away.
Until it has to turn.

A Panamera Turbo S ($180k BTW, not "over 200k") would embarrass that Tesla on any sort of road course. Then again, a Focus would embarrass the Tesla on a road course. A model S can't even manage a single hot lap on any road course without going into thermal protection mode.

And yes, I know the Tesla isn't meant for the track, etc. but the company should probably then stop touting performance numbers all the time

Last edited by lionsfan5454; 02-27-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:37 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsfan5454
Until it has to turn.

A Panamera Turbo S ($180k BTW, not "over 200k") would embarrass that Tesla on any sort of road course. Then again, a Focus would embarrass the Tesla on a road course. A model S can't even manage a single hot lap on any road course without going into thermal protection mode.

And yes, I know the Tesla isn't meant for the track, etc. but the company should probably then stop touting performance numbers all the time
Give Tesla a break. At least they don't go around saying they are pleased with the ring time of their car and keep it to themselves.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:00 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

At least the numbers they tout are what it IS capable of - a dashingly fast rip to 60. They didn't market it as "the most-track-capable Tesla yet". Which I suppose it probably is, though that's not saying much!

Last edited by davepl; 02-27-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 AM
KICKIT
Racer

Until it has to turn.

1. my neighbor's 2016 panny turbo S executive invoice was 207k out the door
2. every company with a performance car TOUTS 0-60 and 1/4 miles times
they don't post what it will do around a track and the huge majority never set foot on a track
3. if you want a road course car buy a used Mclaren 12C for 125k
4. a 4 door car that weighs almost 5000 lbs and can embarass 99.9% of the cars on the road from 0-60 and in 1/4 mile times.... AMAZING and it's American built
5. technologically superior to the other cars in the segment which it competes

thank you

Last edited by KICKIT; 02-28-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 AM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

1. my neighbor's 2016 panny turbo S executive invoice was 207k out the door - That's an executive trim model, I priced a "base" () S model which is just as fast
they don't post what it will do around a track and the huge majority never set foot on a track - Oh, so it is a performance car then? But can't complete a single lap around a track? Come on man, that's weak.
3. if you want a road course car buy a used Mclaren 12C for 125k - Or a CTSv, or a M5, or an E63, or a S6 or... I just want it to complete a single hot lap. I'm not looking for it to set course records
4. a 4 door car that weighs almost 5000 lbs and can embarass 99.9% of the cars on the road from 0-60 and in 1/4 mile times.... AMAZING and it's American built - one trick pony, cool. I love that it's American built. I love that it's disrupting the **** out of the market too.
5. technologically superior to the other cars in the segment which it competes - ok. cool. That and $3 will get you a Starbucks coffee.

thank you
I love EVs and I think Tesla is a cool company for what they'd done. I'm simply tempering the hype a little bit and saying that a Panamera Turbo is the better all around performance sedan.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:11 AM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Give Tesla a break. At least they don't go around saying they are pleased with the ring time of their car and keep it to themselves.
Although, at least there are other examples of the Corvette running road courses (Car and Driver's Lightning Lap) we can look at.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:57 AM
KICKIT
Racer

Originally Posted by KICKIT View Post
1. my neighbor's 2016 panny turbo S executive invoice was 207k out the door - That's an executive trim model, I priced a "base" () S model which is just as fast
they don't post what it will do around a track and the huge majority never set foot on a track - Oh, so it is a performance car then? But can't complete a single lap around a track? Come on man, that's weak.
3. if you want a road course car buy a used Mclaren 12C for 125k - Or a CTSv, or a M5, or an E63, or a S6 or... I just want it to complete a single hot lap. I'm not looking for it to set course records
4. a 4 door car that weighs almost 5000 lbs and can embarass 99.9% of the cars on the road from 0-60 and in 1/4 mile times.... AMAZING and it's American built - one trick pony, cool. I love that it's American built. I love that it's disrupting the **** out of the market too.
5. technologically superior to the other cars in the segment which it competes - ok. cool. That and $3 will get you a Starbucks coffee.

Until it has to turn.

I love EVs and I think Tesla is a cool company for what they'd done. I'm simply tempering the hype a little bit and saying that a Panamera Turbo is the better all around performance sedan.

^^^^^^^
I'm surprised you love ev's/tesla based on your negative responses but too each their own. So the EV's you like are Bolt/Spark?
I owned a Panny turbo in 2011 for 2 years..... it's subjective as to what's the better OVERALL car. Performance, I'll take the technology and just pure straight line brute force of MS for my DD
Could you tell me about your experience and seat time in either car

thx

Last edited by KICKIT; 02-28-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:20 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

^^^^^^^
I'm surprised you love ev's/tesla based on your negative responses but too each their own. So the EV's you like are Bolt/Spark?
I owned a Panny turbo in 2011 for 2 years..... it's subjective as to what's the better OVERALL car. Performance, I'll take the technology and just pure straight line brute force of MS for my DD
Could you tell me about your experience and seat time in either car

thx
Whoa... who said I don't like the Tesla? I snap my head around every time I see one, I think the tech is super cool and, as I mentioned, I love how they are disrupting the market. I like Teslas. I also think the Bolt is cool and I currently own a Leaf. I'm an EV guy all the way.

No Tesla seat time I'm afraid, but not sure how that's relevant since I can read any number of reputable sources about how a Model S can't turn a single hot lap without going into limp mode and cooking its brakes.

I'd still buy a model S since I don't do track days, but I'd also not talk smack to anyone driving a proper, all around performance sedan knowing that those cars are all superior in terms of performance (beyond 1/4 mile times).
Old 03-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

WOW......all these posts..... speculating and commenting about gas vs electric.

In the end though.....

Enjoy your gas powered car while you can......it's end is in sight now.

Electric is FASTER.......that's all that needs to be said to spell the demise of the internal combustion engine over time.....probably a really short time too.

Today electric re-charge availability and batteries themselves are not yet up to what will be required to put that final nail in the coffin.......but the trend is in place and the most important change in perspective has already happened.

When talking electric vs gasoline.......it's no longer a comparison of clean vs dirty.......now it's performance discussion......all that is required now is longer battery life and more recharging options. Both of which are coming.

Get notified of new replies

To 0-60, 2.27s - Tesla P100DL

Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

You are correct on all counts. Once the electric car is mainstream the high priced gas sports cars will become relics of the past as comparable electric sports cars become the norm. It is going to happen.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:12 PM
TGO
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think it's a nice car but I don't really care how fast it goes 0-60. It's just not as fun as driving an internal combustion car. Just like how the geezers say nothing compares to their muscle cars, so will we say nothing compared to our internal combustion cars (sports/muscle cars at l east).

I'd buy one as a DD. No glass roof if possible though. It looks/feels like an appliance to me. Nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea for anything but a commuter.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:30 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TGO
I think it's a nice car but I don't really care how fast it goes 0-60. It's just not as fun as driving an internal combustion car. Just like how the geezers say nothing compares to their muscle cars, so will we say nothing compared to our internal combustion cars (sports/muscle cars at l east).

I'd buy one as a DD. No glass roof if possible though. It looks/feels like an appliance to me. Nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea for anything but a commuter.
Serious question... have you driven one? That instant, super smooth torque of an EV is fun too (in a different way)