Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Cheap car for work use

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:52 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
There is a reason they stopped making the Chrysler 200.
My wife is full time Army and she has a 200 for her GSA (she is not the only one who drives it as she is pretty careful with our vehicles but the others who have driven it have not abused it)... It was great when new but now with some miles it's starting to show its lack of quality. Rattles, suspension noises/creaks and other miscellaneous issues that have had it visiting the dealer. She had a Malibu prior to the 200 and while it wasn't nearly as well optioned (the 200 is loaded to the gills and the Malibu had minimal options) and it held up much better. Most of the GSA cars at her armory are Chrysler/Dodge and they have had constant issues. While I think that Dodge/Chrysler have certainly upped their game in recent years, they are still well behind GM and Ford in terms of big 3 quality and I won't even mention the foreign competition.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I 'just' bought a Kia Niro hybrid after hearing about the crazy gas mileage they are getting. (between 50-90mpg).

I can't speak much to the mileage claims myself yet having had it but 1 day, but for $24k the car is very well built, tight, well optioned, has aluminum hood and aluminum hatch to save weight, and it handles pretty good given the low center of gravity thanks to the batteries and electric motor.

It is deceptively roomy inside too.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
There is a reason they stopped making the Chrysler 200.
Because cars don't sell? I think every manufacturer is trying to get away from small cars.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:24 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Any car being cancelled due to poor sales. I'd look for Buick sedan. Buick sedans aren't selling. The sedan smaller than the regal was a give away and it's a great little car. I believe if ones laying around I'd recommend to grab it...dual pane windows and sound deadening made this 2 liter vehicle was a very nice drive. Do a search for any still laying on the lots. Same for the Buick Regal. Talk about a car that is very European but just didn't sell well here in the United States...that's a car I'd grab as the mark downs must be awesome....as they laid in the dealer inventory like a stone...

Nice car...

Sedans are taking such a dump in the marketplace....the dealers are dealing if you hit them hard...your mileage per year is too high for a lease...

Good luck
Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 PM
SmokinBlack
Team Owner

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Any car being cancelled due to poor sales. I'd look for Buick sedan. Buick sedans aren't selling. The sedan smaller than the regal was a give away and it's a great little car. I believe if ones laying around I'd recommend to grab it...dual pane windows and sound deadening made this 2 liter vehicle was a very nice drive. Do a search for any still laying on the lots. Same for the Buick Regal. Talk about a car that is very European but just didn't sell well here in the United States...that's a car I'd grab as the mark downs must be awesome....as they laid in the dealer inventory like a stone...

Nice car...

Sedans are taking such a dump in the marketplace....the dealers are dealing if you hit them hard...your mileage per year is too high for a lease...

Good luck

My neighbor just purchased a left over 2014 Buick Verano for I think ~ $13500. I'm not sure how he found it, but he said that the dealership was basically begging him to buy it once he stopped by to look at it.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Chevy equinox lease deals
Bought 2 of them, a 2016 in November 2015, and a 2018 last week. My wife drives the 2016 and I drive the 2018. Traded the 2012 Vette in on the 2018.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:18 PM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

cheap... ? How about FREEE !!

That is what you get going from a thirsty SUV requiring premium fuel to the cool Kia Niro hatchback I got.

I was spending $200 a month on gas.
Now I am spending $25 a month on gas.

Saves me $175 a month
which is $2,100 a year.
in 10 years.. $21,000.. the car pays for itself.
Maybe 11 years if you option it up quite a bit.

Last edited by hyteck9; 04-11-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:24 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I like Buick for business travel, not too showy but comfortable...

When you get out of a car as quiet as the Buick..you are still refreshed ...

I'm sure a Chrysler 300 would be the same way...if I remember correctly that vehicle is based off an old Mercedes e chassis....so it should be good...

Get out of some tin can and your head is humming...

Mileage means nothing to American vehicles like Buick...I'd buy one cheap as sales have tanked,,,and run it for 200k miles, ,( I would even consider the new sharp looking la crosse.....sales are off 71 percent and inventory is huge...) fuel mileage is good too...

I sound like a commercial for buy American....sorry..

I just like quiet long distance daily drivers for business...

Just doesn't wear you down...

That's important...(worth more than a few point in fuel efficiency)

Veranos are cool , the regal does the trick and the LaCrosse for some full size luxury...unbelievable but since the market for sedans have tanked...I'd look at that...for my next business car if I were you...

Desperate times call for desperate measures...car dealers will be chomping at the bit to get rid of their cars...especially buicks....

All the women want cuv s....these days so they sit up higher and can spot better parking spaces at the malls...

It's like a blood sport for broads

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-14-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Cheap car for work use