Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Forget the mid-engine "Corvette", what GM needs is a...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 11:28 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,447 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Default Forget the mid-engine "Corvette", what GM needs is a...

Actual 4 door Corvette. Not any of this Caddy V crap, not the SS Sedan (RIP), but a sedan that is low slung, looks like an exotic, has a transaxle and a v8 and leaf springs. Stretch the platform out, and make it into a 2 + 2 like a Rapide or a Panamera.

Obviously don't call it a Corvette, but I think that a car like this could do more to build profitable volume for GM than a midengine halo car that will probably be a Caddy anyways.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:29 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Crowd Plow For Now

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Actual 4 door Corvette. Not any of this Caddy V crap, not the SS Sedan (RIP), but a sedan that is low slung, looks like an exotic, has a transaxle and a v8 and leaf springs. Stretch the platform out, and make it into a 2 + 2 like a Rapide or a Panamera.

Obviously don't call it a Corvette, but I think that a car like this could do more to build profitable volume for GM than a midengine halo car that will probably be a Caddy anyways.
Are you stoned...... I want a mid engine GM...
Old 03-08-2017, 11:37 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Actually sedans are dead..it's a sport cuv sales world now a days..

I'd rather see a mid engine c8 but sports cuv s like the jaguar f pace and Porsche Macon are where the money and image will be.

Supposedly the PDk transmission makes the Macon more of a sports car like driving experience over the after 8 speed transmission in the jaguar...but the jaguar is a cool drive as well.

GM should make a dual motor electric bolt chassis and label it a GMC and Cadillac sports
Cuv..

Acceleration should be a beast with dual motors and give it a sexy cuv body..

Check out the Geneva show this week with the torch red jaguar electric I pace photos..

That thing will sell like crazy if jaguar brings it to market..

GM needs a cuv that is awd electric and looks like the jaguar I pace..
Old 03-08-2017, 11:39 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Photos of jaguar electric cuv the I pace

Sexy beast that GM needs to build a competitor for..

This segment is going to blow wide open..

https://www.google.com/search?q=jagu...5bn0Ctl2KISgM:
Old 03-08-2017, 11:55 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,447 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Fair point about the SUV. GM abandoned the sporty SUV segment after the TBSS. Which is weird because the TBSS was one of the best in its class (except the interior and build quality).

Building a sport CUV off the sedan would be a simple thing to do. Alfa is doing it with their new sedan and cuv. Raise it up, give it a more vertical hatch, done.

The Jag is pretty though.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:16 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

The Porsche Macan market is the fastest growing halo segment...

GMC and Cadillac are ripe for offering this new product.

The trail blazer SS was a bit dated when it appeared and was truck based...

I'm really suggesting more of a lifted sports car with four sleek doors and good power..

I believe that's the new halo vehicle for most manufacturers...

It's the new cool that everyone seems to like..

I personally prefer corvettes and rear mid engine potiential for future corvette...

But bang for the buck for manufacturers...the life cycle of the potiential sport cuv will be long enough to allow manufacturers to recoup costs and make profits..

Styling in sport cuv s will last longer in the minds of potiential buyers ...

Porsche Macan, jaguars f Pace or I pace are the future halo vehicles....as sedans take a huge dive in unit sales...

Maybe it's the make believe appearance of go anywhere...do anything of CUV s...I'm not as a big a fan as this conversation would suggest...but trends are showing something to what I'm just describing..
Old 03-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by MAD IN NC
Are you stoned...... I want a mid engine GM...
I'm in also, for mid engined Corvette. North Carolina group buy?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:10 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Fair point about the SUV. GM abandoned the sporty SUV segment after the TBSS. Which is weird because the TBSS was one of the best in its class (except the interior and build quality).

Building a sport CUV off the sedan would be a simple thing to do. Alfa is doing it with their new sedan and cuv. Raise it up, give it a more vertical hatch, done.

The Jag is pretty though.
So, it wasn't?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

The more I think about it,,,I want a mid rear engine corvette too...base model with 500 hp works for me...

Just waiting to decide which transmission to order...

I'm in...

But for money making..it's a Porsche Macan competitor from GM as far as ROI for halo imaging...

Not for me personally but this is what the public wants and spends their money on..

Jaguar f pace too..

GMC and Cadillac should launch a jaguar I pace competitor NOW based off the Chevy Bolt platform....make it awd...make it quick and price it to tear up the competition...

Make it look like the jaguar I pace for sexy concept cuv like styling...don't dumb it down to blandsville for production...

That's the halo vehicle GM needs....sports cars are no longer halo vehicles...

Two seater sports cars are Cool but not halo vehicles any longer...

Jmo
Old 03-21-2017, 05:45 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Cuv s are where the market has gone including halo vehicles..porsches Macan and jaguar f pace is where the market has gone..

I'm not a fan of cuv s in general.

To me sports cars are cool and what I want. I've enjoyed front mid engine corvettes ...two c5 s, one z06 and a c6 z51 ..

Still I am interested in a low front cowl mid rear engine 500 hp c8 and all the advantages mid rear engine design layout offers ...i.e...low polar movement center of gravity offers a unique handling experience...

The front mid engine with a rear transaxle handling is wonderful yet it is not as light or tight especially with regards to vehicle turn in...

I think it will be fun to get a vehicle turn in that a rear mid engine layout offers.....

As far as what GM needs to build...it's not another four door sedan but rather sports cuv s..

That's where the market has gone...

Also by moving corvette to mid rear engine ..it allows GM to differentiate the Camaro and corvette further.

Get notified of new replies

To Forget the mid-engine "Corvette", what GM needs is a...