Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

"The Classic" 3 Day Event Rosecity Corvette's

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Default "The Classic" 3 Day Event Rosecity Corvette's

Dont miss this one! July 27, Hospitality Night at Suburban Chev., July 28 Classic Show & Shine, Banquet & Awards, July 29 Classic Auto Cross & Tour Events( at PIR) July 30, Classic TRACK DAY! ALL DAY! You can contact me or go to www.rosecitycorvettes.org It will be held at the Monarch Hotel, Clackamas, Or. next to Clackamas Town Center Shopping. We have cars coming from everywhere! This is a fun and organized event. When you register, be sure and tell them you saw it on the CF. Register as soon as you can so you can secure your spot at PIR. Please contact Alan (event person of the Classic and TRACK DAY!) With all your questions. He will be able to answer any and all questions. gsvette321@aol.com This event is a BLAST! Thanks Hot Rod

Last edited by hotrod03; 05-08-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: more info,removing last name
Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This has always been a great weekend event. Been going since '98 Looking forward to another fun track day too
Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
SeattleZO6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod03
Dont miss this one! July 27, Hospitality Night at Suburban Chev., July 28 Classic Show & Shine, Banquet & Awards, July 29 Classic Auto Cross & Tour Events( at PIR) July 30, Classic TRACK DAY! ALL DAY! You can contact me or go to www.rosecitycorvettes.org It will be held at the Monarch Hotel, Clackamas, Or. next to Clackamas Town Center Shopping. We have cars coming from everywhere! This is a fun and organized event.
Is there still room for me @the autox and track day?
I went 2 years ago and had a blast
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Absolutamente, register asap, track does have a limit of cars. Yah track day is a blast man, your lunch is provided, all you have to do is bring your car and a lead foot. I cant wait. When you register, be sure and tell them that you saw it on the CF. Thanks Gary (hot rod)
Old 05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutamente, register asap, track does have a limit of cars. Yah track day is a blast man, your lunch is provided, all you have to do is bring your car and a lead foot. I cant wait. When you register, be sure and tell them that you saw it on the CF. Thanks Gary (hot rod)
Actually, there are two other things you should bring.

One is your brain. Rose City's track day isn't about racing. It's not about ego. It's about driving your high performance car to your own abilities. For those in the novice category, passing is only done on the front straight. Intermediate and higher may pass on the back straight. Complete all passes by the end of the passing zone. If someone wants to pass you, let them!

The other is your appetite for water. July 30. Guaranteed to be warm. RCC will be providing the water. Drink up!!!

I'm looking forward to it as well, as this will be my first opportunity to run my Z06 on the track. I haven't tracked a Z06 since I went to Bragg-Smith

Jeff
Old 05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Jeff- What run group will you be in?? I'm moving up to Advanced this year, so look for a little gold C4 about the size of a dot in your rearview mirror!!

Water (and lots of it!) is a necessity at PIR in the summer. Last year, I drank 3 bottles even before my first session of the morning
Old 05-07-2007, 08:06 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

This sounds like fun!!

Two questions:

1. I've never auto-crossed before but my wife and I completed the level one driving course at Spring Mountain earlier this year. Should we register as novice?

2. Is a reservation confirmed when you receive the application and payment, or is there a "list" to get on?

Todd
Old 05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

You need to go to our site at www.rosecitycovettes.org and download the registration from and send money and form to the address given. If I can help you at all email me at garbearr@comcast.net
Old 05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by boerio
Actually, there are two other things you should bring.

One is your brain. Rose City's track day isn't about racing. It's not about ego. It's about driving your high performance car to your own abilities. For those in the novice category, passing is only done on the front straight. Intermediate and higher may pass on the back straight. Complete all passes by the end of the passing zone. If someone wants to pass you, let them!

The other is your appetite for water. July 30. Guaranteed to be warm. RCC will be providing the water. Drink up!!!

I'm looking forward to it as well, as this will be my first opportunity to run my Z06 on the track. I haven't tracked a Z06 since I went to Bragg-Smith

Jeff
Jeff, thanks so much for your input, you are exactly right, I wish I could of and should of said the same thing. Thanks again Gary
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
This sounds like fun!!

Two questions:

1. I've never auto-crossed before but my wife and I completed the level one driving course at Spring Mountain earlier this year. Should we register as novice?

2. Is a reservation confirmed when you receive the application and payment, or is there a "list" to get on?

Todd
1. Yes, your wife and you will have a blast.
2. Yes, after we receive payment for the events that you want to participate in. IT IS A BLAST LUNCH AND WATER ARE PROVIDED @ TRACK!!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:35 AM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Jeff- What run group will you be in?? I'm moving up to Advanced this year, so look for a little gold C4 about the size of a dot in your rearview mirror!!

Water (and lots of it!) is a necessity at PIR in the summer. Last year, I drank 3 bottles even before my first session of the morning
I'm going to start in the intermediate group. I haven't been on the track since 2005, so I don't want to hold you up

Plus, I'll be running slicks, and I'm completely new to those. I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into. If I find that I need to step up to the advanced group, I'm sure it won't be a problem. Or I will just run intermediate all day long

Jeff
Old 05-08-2007, 04:40 AM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
This sounds like fun!!

Two questions:

Todd
Todd,

There's a difference between autocross and track day. Autocross is on Sunday and track day is on Monday.

Autocross is a relatively low-speed event. Setup a bunch of cones with some timing lights and everyone races against the clock. Best time wins.

Track day, you get to run the best of your abilities on Portland International Raceway.

Everything you learned at Spring Mountain will come into play on both days, ESPECIALLY heel-and-toe!

If you've never been on the track at PIR you must register as a novice. If your performance is worthy, you can likely step up to intermediate by talking to the folks running the show.

Jeff
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by boerio
Todd,

There's a difference between autocross and track day. Autocross is on Sunday and track day is on Monday.

Autocross is a relatively low-speed event. Setup a bunch of cones with some timing lights and everyone races against the clock. Best time wins.

Track day, you get to run the best of your abilities on Portland International Raceway.

Everything you learned at Spring Mountain will come into play on both days, ESPECIALLY heel-and-toe!

If you've never been on the track at PIR you must register as a novice. If your performance is worthy, you can likely step up to intermediate by talking to the folks running the show.

Jeff
Thanks for the info! We will look forward to it!

Todd
Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Old 05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

TTT
Old 05-15-2007, 01:09 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I am getting married on the 28th so I am going to miss it! If I had known earlier that the 3 day classic was scheduled for that weekend I would have choosen a different weekend for our big day :lol
Old 05-16-2007, 02:13 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tjwong
I am getting married on the 28th so I am going to miss it! If I had known earlier that the 3 day classic was scheduled for that weekend I would have choosen a different weekend for our big day :lol
Fine...I guess we now know what your priorities are.

(Congratulations anyway... )

Get notified of new replies

To "The Classic" 3 Day Event Rosecity Corvette's

Old 05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
errance
Pro

I mailed my registration at the beginning of the week. Autocross and track day. My first time at PIR (or anywhere other than Pacific Raceways). I can't wait!

Should I expect some sort of confirmation?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by errance
I mailed my registration at the beginning of the week. Autocross and track day. My first time at PIR (or anywhere other than Pacific Raceways). I can't wait!

Should I expect some sort of confirmation?
Yes you should, you are going to have a blast. IF you are doing the track day, you will be needing a helmet. IF you have questions about what type of helmet email Allen event person at gsvette321@aol.com congrats I will be anixous to meet you Hot Rod
Old 05-18-2007, 11:34 PM
errance
Pro

Yes you should, you are going to have a blast. IF you are doing the track day, you will be needing a helmet. IF you have questions about what type of helmet email Allen event person at gsvette321@aol.com congrats I will be anixous to meet you Hot Rod
Thanks Hot Rod.
I actually just bought a helmet. It's got the 2005 cert, so I'm good.
See you on the track

Quick Reply: "The Classic" 3 Day Event Rosecity Corvette's