Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Winter Upgrade about to start.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Winter Upgrade about to start.

I think this Sunday I will put my car on jack stands and start this Winters modding. It's going to be Two Stages!

First stage, I am going to pull the interior out and put in my 6 point roll bar with swing out door bars. I have some special sound deadening insulation coming, and I will put it in also while I have the carpet out. I am thinking of maybe going ahead and upgrade the sound system too. This would be a good time to run the wiring. I am looking at getting a Built in Nav to replace the CD/AM/FM reciver. Just haven't decided on which brand. Pioneer, Kenwood, or Eclipse. It's not going to be the Top of the line. And probably an older model. I would like to get something that I can upgrade the MAPS in the NAV. Anybody has any recommendations, I am all

Stage II: Once I get the interior back together, it will be motor time. I haven't decided if I want to rebuild my LS1, or buy a short block, or just change heads/cam and cross my fingers with the OEM piston and rods. I have a brand new set of AFR 205's waiting to go on. Also a brand new set of Compstar Rods. I basically just need pistons to rebuild my motor "Forged". The stock OEM crank has been proven to be good for 1000 RHWP. And I want to go with a bigger cam than the LPE GT2-3 cam I have in it now. My goal is to hopefully have 550+ RWHP thru the Automatic. Which should be about 650+ Flywheel HP.

There could be a Stage III. But it's too early to get too serious about that. And that would be replace my Magncharger MP112 Hybrid Roots style blower with a Whipple 2.3L twin screw supercharger. I'm still waiting on Whipple to make some manifolds. When and "IF" I decide to do this, I will turn the blower around 180° like the Maggie. It will involve quit a bit of custom machine work, so it may not happen this winter (or at all).

Anyway, I am just talking car and trying to get myself pumped up for all this work.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like we won't be seeing you hanging out at the bars for a while!

I understand your "pain." I've got a garage full of boxes just waiting for the "new" car to get back from the shop. I wish I had a lift...

The annoying thing is that I now own 2 vettes, and neither are in my garage....

Last edited by OCCOMSRAZOR; 01-14-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
Sounds like we won't be seeing you hanging out at the bars for a while!

I understand your "pain." I've got a garage full of boxes just waiting for the "new" car to get back from the shop. I wish I had a lift...

The annoying thing is that I now own 2 vettes, and neither are in my garage....
So what did you get, and what are you doing? Did you get another C6?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
johnandsarah002
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RED99
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RED99
Yes, another C6. 2005 Machine Silver. It was totaled, but with only minor damage to the body and none to the drive train. The previous owner put it sideways into a ditch partially filling it with water.

So it's been at the Chevy dealer for the last month working out the electricals. Good news is that we are almost there, in fact I expect to get it back in MY garage by the end of the week.

Then the fun begins...

Get notified of new replies

To Winter Upgrade about to start.

Quick Reply: Winter Upgrade about to start.